Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have always felt this was a solvable case, especially with the advancing technology. We just need one person to come up and say something, even if it seems to be of no importance. Whether it's one of the people she went down there with, someone in Myrtle Beach or in SC (even if someone saw something...a bystander, someone in the crowd, on the sidewalk) it would help so much...more then they probably know.
I really hope they find Britt, at the very least, her family needs her back. I pray her case won't end up 10+ years old like so many on here have.

Technology. Yeah I would agree. It is my understanding the quality of the aerial photos used by such websites as Google Earth is considered very low quality. I can only imagine what high quality would be like. You can probably see a fly on a horse's back. I can only imagine what quality the US military or the US intelligence agencies have access to. There is no doubt in my mind that the US government collects daily satellite imagery of this country and stores it. I even read they can look inside the windows of your house with satellites.

Technology. Yeah I would agree. It is my understanding the quality of the aerial photos used by such websites as Google Earth is considered very low quality. I can only imagine what high quality would be like. You can probably see a fly on a horse's back. I can only imagine what quality the US military or the US intelligence agencies have access to. There is no doubt in my mind that the US government collects daily satellite imagery of this country and stores it. I even read they can look inside the windows of your house with satellites.

:what: I thought I was safe to go without makeup and hair done in the privacy of my house, I can only imagine the things they see!!

Let's just say once they viewed me in my home without my hair done and no makeup...they wouldn't view it again. So I'm probably safe.

Brittanee disappeared on my birthday. I hope this year finds her back with her family. Too many years have gone by without knowing! I have vacationed in Myrtle Beach several times and even in the middle of the night there are hundreds of people on the Blvd. Someone knows or saw something!

I haven't been to Myrtle Beach in years and I definitely wouldn't go now. Not just because it seems so unsafe now but I know I would be haunted by Brittanee's disappearance.

WhatANiceGirl, I hope you have a wonderful birthday and I hope it's made even more wonderful with news of Brittanee being found.

Yes the webster firemen shooting on Christmas eve was a great tragedy and it's PB's suburban home town; however my guess is he's just jumping in with all the other tweeters posters too make himself look as if he actually has empathy for anyone which most of the world would no he does not.

nobody answered this yet... PB lives on the block that was burnt down, several houses away

Thanks that helps :) you are quite the sleuth

Lol Rochestergirl, after following this case from Day 1 I'm sad to say I know entirely too much about these "friends" and it infuriates me they're out there & not at least having a voluntary conversation with LE or Dawn D to say -"how can I help!" Or "all I know is this..." Because to me the lack of compassion & respect is abhorable & I'm thinking they know something that they themselves don't realize is truly a key to the case.

Lol Rochestergirl, after following this case from Day 1 I'm sad to say I know entirely too much about these "friends" and it infuriates me they're out there & not at least having a voluntary conversation with LE or Dawn D to say -"how can I help!" Or "all I know is this..." Because to me the lack of compassion & respect is abhorable & I'm thinking they know something that they themselves don't realize is truly a key to the case.

I agree I don't believe they were involved in BD's abduction however they are incredibly selfish to not help the family and give any information that might help the case.

Hey I have been watching re'runs of Dateline/ real life mysteries all day and i have to mention the case iam watching right now .It's about a missing girl named Lynsie Ekelund she was missing i think 7 years ..What i wanna say though is this they bring in a special detective that they call the evidence whispirer its Larry something but the way he gets these guys to talk is pretty amazing how he solved this case by bsically seeing one single lie from a kid that said he was a friend and he dropped her off but he didnt and I don't know maybe you have to see this guy work on this case i would love to see him on britts case interviewing those friends ...

Just wanted to share with you all!
<modsnip>

A few weeks ago, I was listening to one of those true crime radio shows, like the ones Susan Murphy Milano used to do. This particular show had Brittanee's aunt (Keri D.) and paternal grandmother (Linda) as their guests. The segment was something like two hours long...even though I skipped around a little, there was still a lot of interesting information they talked about.. mostly Brittanee's childhood along with the days leading up to her leaving for MB. Her stepfather, Dawn's ex-husband Chad, first met Brittanee when she was about two years old, and then legally adopted Brittanee when she was five after he and Dawn got married, and was pretty much the only Father she ever knew until she got older. The birth father is apparently Turkish, and his family didn't approve of him being with any woman that was not of the same nationality, and they definitely didn't approve of having a child with someone who wasn't the same race. They don't clear this up 100%, but I think that they tried to keep the adoption thing a secret from her, because obviously finding out her real Father wasn't interested in being a part of her life would hurt her. Her Grandmother says that by the time Brittanee reached age 16, Dawn & Chad were in the process of separating, and then the real father just pops out of the blue and decides he wants to be a part of her life, which caused even more issues and confusion for Brittanee.

No wonder she was depressed! It seems like everything happened at once.. Parents separating, breakup off and on with the boyfriend, the real Father showing up randomly.. that just sounds like so much to handle.

There were a few points that stood out to me: When her Aunt is explaining the last text messages that were sent/received between Brittanee and her boyfriend, she says that Brittanee and John had been in contact 99% of the time while she was there. She did say though that Brittanee seemed to cut the conversation(s) off a few times, presumably while she was either hanging out with that college kid that took the video of her, Peter, or whoever else she could have met while there. And she says "and the texts.... they weren't good conversations", then says that she doesn't really want to go into detail.

Brittanee and the rest of the group she was at MB with had went to a restaurant at some point, and the waiter who served them told Law Enforcement that Brittanee was actually the only one out of the group who was respectful and polite, and the rest of them were acting like fools and seemed to be drunk and very rude.

She also says that as far as she knows, Brittanee didn't have plans to go out that night. Supposedly, on the afternoon of April 25, 2009, Brittanee had been at her own hotel that she was sharing with the other girls she traveled with. I think she had been sleeping on one of those Murphy Wall beds (The ones that fold up inside the wall).. She was either sitting or sleeping on the Murphy Wall bed when one of the girls came over and pushed the button that causes the bed to fold up for storage, and Brittanee pretty much got slammed into a wall. Apparently that was the last straw for her, and this is what caused her to start walking down to Peter's hotel to hang out.

Here is the link if anyone is interested in listening!
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/bringthemhomenow/2011/05/04/bring-them-home-now-exclusive-missing-brittanee-drexel-1

Snipped and BBM there has always been a hint to the last texts between Brittanee and her boyfriend. This statement from BDs Aunt also hints to the same thing. IMHO the last texts were sent from BD's phone but not from BD. This makes me wonder if the perp was someone who knew BD or was trying to buy some time from her being reported missing. IMO if this were a stranger why would he care to respond to BDs boyfriend?

The 2nd part that bothers me about KDs statement is who she said she was hanging out with. The college kid who took the video? I thought this person was cleared by LE and it was said he had left MB the day prior to BD's disapperance. I don't have a link to that however.

Just wanted to share with you all!
<modsnip>

There were a few points that stood out to me: When her Aunt is explaining the last text messages that were sent/received between Brittanee and her boyfriend, she says that Brittanee and John had been in contact 99% of the time while she was there. She did say though that Brittanee seemed to cut the conversation(s) off a few times, presumably while she was either hanging out with that college kid that took the video of her, Peter, or whoever else she could have met while there. And she says "and the texts.... they weren't good conversations", then says that she doesn't really want to go into detail.

Here is the link if anyone is interested in listening!
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/bringthemhomenow/2011/05/04/bring-them-home-now-exclusive-missing-brittanee-drexel-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong