Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the info and clarification of the hotel locations MBLover. It is confusing as I get N & S mixed up but I know you spend alot of time in MB and were actually staying in the same area the night Britt went missing, IIRC? I think it is important to remember that Brittanee was walking during a new moon. It was a dark night and she was walking along in an area away from all the action spots. Please correct me if I am misunderstanding:)

Thanks to Willenfan for the great pictures to give us perspective!

wm

WM - you are right - Britt was in an area that was away from the "action". Not that there wasn't some foot traffic, as well as vehicular traffic...but since there is really nothing down that way as far as attractions/shops, etc., the action on the south end is really different than what is up around the downtown area and water park / amusement park area.

I know that 1.1 miles doesn't seem that long...but walk that in the heat and it's a very, very long walk! (BTW...the 1.1 miles is what showed on my odometer from the street entrance of the BlueWater to the street entrance of the Bar-Harbor).

I just read that huffington post and the comments after the article . It's just one comment then he or she doesn't seem to come back to awnser where they heard this so iam thinking whoever said this was just saying it to start up a new rumor or get some attention thats what i took from it anyway. Sad that there are people out there like that that will state something knowing it to be a lie just to stir up contraversy.

I wanted to post this Google street view to give people a better idea of the area at Blue Water Hotel. When this link loads you should be "standing" right in the middle of the intersection of 20th Ave South and Yaupon Dr - about 1/2 block from the hotel/Ocean Boulevard. To better understand, it would be about half way between Ocean Blvd and King's Hwy (Hwy 17). If you use your directional arrows you can stand right there and turn completely around the intersection to get an idea of how deserted this area just yards away from the hotel is. Actually, some of you may remember our talking about the 'parking lot' right beside the hotel; well, if you are pulling out of that parking lot this street is the straight shot across Ocean Blvd.

2001 South Ocean Boulevard, Myrtle Beach, SC - Google Maps

I've been trying to keep updated on information about this case. And I do the occasional popping in here to see if there has been any breaks in the case. Unfortunately, everything I know has mostly been written out here already so I don't want to bore anyone or frustrate anyone by mentioning things again. There's no need. But if I find out any new information, I will be happy to share :)!.

I hope Brittanee is found and her family can be at peace.

xLiqoricex, just knowing one more person is here for Britt is enough. I don't post much either. Just a bump here or there. Everyone on this thread is awesome and truly cares about her.

Welcome (to posting).

Thanks to everyone on here, you all are so helpful! @SeaNymph, that photo looks very creepy.. after many trips to MB, I'll agree that those avenues that intersect at Ocean Blvd are so sketchy.. It'd be so easy for someone to just sit there in their car & wait to get the right person :( She didn't get too far, because she didn't reach the traffic camera... so, she didn't even make it halfway back, I'm assuming? Correct me if I'm wrong, but it was my understanding also that where she is assumed to be abducted, there isn't AS MUCH foot/vehicular traffic compared to where she was on her way back to? If my memory serves me right, I recall the side of Ocean Blvd that had the Bluewater, Captain Quarter's, Hotel Blue, Crown Reef & the other "nicer" resorts was a little more deserted than the side that had the Bar Harbour motel, and most of the attractions... On a Saturday night, during Spring Break at 9PM, I would expect people to be all over the place & that someone could have seen something... but, if she was walking close to those alleyways, it could have been really easy for someone to get her quickly & quietly... There are a lot of empty parking lots & many parking decks on the side of the blvd that she was taken.
Moving on.. the evidence that was taken out of the apartment, how long will it take for them to run their tests on them, or whatever they have to do? I know that since they've waited 2 years, it may take a little longer than normal to possibly find anything to connect him with her.. My Mom said it could take anywhere from 6-8 weeks, but I was wondering that since it's a high profile case, if the process would be sped up a bit? & I know that they can't legally arrest him for anything right now.. But, I would think that if they've searched that apartment so thoroughly for SOMETHING, that they would atleast have him in custody for questioning, or something. Does anyone know if he's lawyered up? & the speeding ticket he received on April 26, 2009 in Surfside Beach should give them even more reasoning to question this guy about what he knows.. you go right through Surfside to get straight back to MB, and for him to do that less than a day after she came up missing is really questionable.

& I really hope that comment made about LE taking clothes out of the wall isn't true..... I mean, if it is, that's great, hopefully we'll get an answer soon.. not necessarily for us, but overall for her family.. But, if someone just made that up to get attention, it doesn't get any lower than that.

BringBrittHome, The speeding ticket this RSO received the day after Brittanee went missing is really bothering me.

Why was he heading back toward MB in such a hurry that he was cited for speeding?

Where was he going?

Was he going to a job he held in MB and was running late?

What could have happened the previous night early morning hours that caused him to be running late?

Would he have risked a speeding violation if he was transporting Brittanee back to the MB area for disposal? (sorry for being graphic)

These are some questions that I have. I hope that LE/SLED has interviewed the ticketing officer to ask if this RSO had any evidence of marks or wounds on his person. It has been so long now that I imagine it would be difficult to recall as LEO's pull ALOT of people. The only hope might be if the squad car had cameras mounted on the dash which may help the Officers memory.

Moo

wm

I run a google search every now and then on brittanee to see if any new news isout there! I was so glad to have seen the case moving when i looked yesterday!

I did not read anything about clothes in the wall, but did see that LE had removed bags of (potential) evidence.

Do we know where the POI is now living? If he is a sex offender doesn't he have to check in/register?

BringBrittHome, I'm linking a post I made in the last thread that also includes a Google street view. If you were facing the Blue Water, it is the immediate left side of the hotel, direction she would have been walking, that shows some bushes, alleyway of sorts and the adjacent public parking lot. It's just my opinion but it's where I strongly feel would be the most likely place of abduction along the route back to Bar Harbour, but again, there are many sketchy looking spots along the route.

All of the hotels in question are oceanfront properties including Bar Harbour. We know from the camera that picked her up going, she walked that oceanfront sidewalk side of the boulevard going and I dont think she would have crossed it heading back to walk on the opposite side. You are correct, the camera that picked her up going to Blue Water at 11th Ave South did not record her coming back.

waltzingmatilda, all your questions about the next day, this guy heading back to MB, have crossed my mind too.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - SC SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #14

BringBrittHome, I'm linking a post I made in the last thread that also includes a Google street view. If you were facing the Blue Water, it is the immediate left side of the hotel, direction she would have been walking, that shows some bushes, alleyway of sorts and the adjacent public parking lot. It's just my opinion but it's where I strongly feel would be the most likely place of abduction along the route back to Bar Harbour, but again, there are many sketchy looking spots along the route.

All of the hotels in question are oceanfront properties including Bar Harbour. We know from the camera that picked her up going, she walked that oceanfront sidewalk side of the boulevard going and I dont think she would have crossed it heading back to walk on the opposite side. You are correct, the camera that picked her up going to Blue Water at 11th Ave South did not record her coming back.

waltzingmatilda, all your questions about the next day, this guy heading back to MB, have crossed my mind too.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - SC SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #14

Do we actually know that the POI was in MB the day Brittanee vanished? You state "this guy heading back to MB" but do we have proof he was there in the first place? I am not trying to be flip, I am just wanting to establish exactly the facts so we can make the best possible theories/timelines. I want this poor girl to be found and I think this type of idea generating forum can be really helpful to LE.

Also, do we know how long of a drive it is from downtown MB to this motel they searched?

Do we actually know that the POI was in MB the day Brittanee vanished? You state "this guy heading back to MB" but do we have proof he was there in the first place? I am not trying to be flip, I am just wanting to establish exactly the facts so we can make the best possible theories/timelines. I want this poor girl to be found and I think this type of idea generating forum can be really helpful to LE.

Also, do we know how long of a drive it is from downtown MB to this motel they searched?

No, VirginiaDoll, my use of the word "back" is my speech pattern/figure of speech and admittedly, a healthy dose of suspicious assumption thrown in there.

I personally think he may have been working in MB. He is a welder. Lots of construction, heavy duty resort building type construction going on all the time and from what I understand there were even a couple of resorts being built between the area of Bar Harbour and Blue Water at the time. Again, just my process of deduction going on. I'm not sure if you are familiar with the suspect at Captain's Quarters and Hotel Blue attempts but I have shared my theory on that here before. They are sister resorts meaning they share the same amenities, pools, gamerooms, etc, and often maintenance staff, etc. I always had a feeling whoever attempted the assaults at those places HAD to know and be familiar with the properties enough to feel safe to attempt these attacks in the hallways, obviously knowing no security cameras were in place to be concerned with. JMO.

ETA: I think at the time of those attempts every current resort employee would have been checked out thoroughly and compared to the composite. I think it is just possible he could have worked there in the past, building construction or maintenance, and knew it to be without security cameras. This guy had been out of prison for 5 years before Brittanee disappeared and registered as living in G'town since 2004, I am almost certain. But just to be clear, that it was a former employee or someone very familiar with those resort properties is what I think about "the person who attempted the assaults at HB and CQ" whether that be this man or someone else. Just saying with his work experience that we now know includes welding, it doesnt make me count him out.

It is 37 miles straight down Hwy 17 from Blue Water to this guys residence at the time, with Google showing 55 minutes travel time. The guys residence is about 9 miles north of North Santee area/Pole Yard Way (landing), where the first pings seemed to center and the first searches were launched, IIRC. I am unsure myself though whether at his residence, the same cell tower may have picked up her cell pings as would have if the phone itself were actually closer to the river.

I haven't checked in to Britt's threads in a while :( I am so happy to see things starting to move though. I really hope Britt's family gets some answers soon.

This waiting to hear whether LE found anything to connect this room and this guy to Britt is making me antsy...I can only imagine what her family is feeling about this...

Bumping for Britt and hoping answers will come soon!

http://www.gtowntimes.com/local/Drexel-Case--Police--former-resident-not-discussing-room-search

^Not much we didnt already know there, but I thought this was interesting:

Moody, however, hung up the phone before talking about the search and said that was his “only reaction” to the recent events surrounding the Drexel investigation.

Not sure how to take it but figuring maybe the reporter asked for his 'reaction' and maybe he said something along the lines of 'this is my only reaction' and hung up....? Is that how others would interpret it?

Anywhoooo, we wait.

Hey Rose, I know the RSO site also lists work addresses and saw a current one in Georgetown but is there any way to tell how long he has been at that work address? Wonder if he's worked there the entire time since 2004 - or more specifically, where was he working in April 2009? Would love to find all that out. Wish that RSO site had a running list of past residential/work addresses listed chronologically.

As a RSO, its not like probation/parole where they may be confined to a certain county/state, is it? They are still free to travel day to day as long as the residence they list is officially their permanent address - is that right?

That's what it sounds like, SeaNymph! I feel sure that 'Mr. Clean' knows enough not to say anything due to his prior criminal activity.

I found this part interesting......

~snipped from above link in SN's post~

Meanwhile, the Georgetown Times has requested more information about a list of items that were being sought at the apartment and what exactly was found during several hours of searching for clues on Aug. 1.

Evidence taken last week from Apartment 22 has been sent away for testing, according to the Myrtle Beach police.

Myrtle Beach Police Capt. David Knipes declined to say where the evidence was being tested or how long it would take to receive any results.

I'll bet GT won't get any list at this time since it is an open investigation but at least we know that the items are being tested. LE must feel this man is possibly involved by them going to such great lengths to gather evidence form apt 22 and send it for testing. That's MOO tho.

In regards to Brittanee being 'too old' for this RSO, (which some have suggested) I respectfully disagree. Brittanee is a very small young lady, 5', 100 lbs (approx). I am about the same size as she is (but 5 lbs heavier and 30 years older, lol!). I taught 5th grade for several years and most of my 10-11 year old girls were taller than me as a girls' growth spurt into puberty begins around that age. IMO, is is very possible that the 14 year old girl he attacked was at least as big as and maybe even taller, etc. as Brittanee. This RSO is not a BIG man by any means. Maybe just maybe, he seeks out young girls/small girls as his prey because they would be easier to overpower. Just my opinion, here!

wm

new piece on BD case from Georgetown times news

http://www.gtowntimes.com/local/Drexel-Case--Police--former-resident-not-discussing-room-search

PSS the POI is a welder in Georgetown he does not work in MB

Thanks Rose, Soooo....IF he abducted Brittanee, he would have driven to MB after working hours to lurk around.

Hmmm...do we know what time of day the 2 previous abductions occured at the nearby hotels? I need to go back and check the dates if they are listed.

Brittanee was abducted on a SAT. Apr 25, 2009 (during a dark new moon night), so most likely he wouldn't have been working that day....or at the very least worked a half day. And let's not forget that he moved into #22 the day before Britt was abducted. Could this have been a reason for celebration in his unusual mind? Where did he live before moving into #22 4-24-2009? Where was he living during the interim from when he was released from prison in CA in 2004 (for kidnapping, rape and other unfathomable crimes on underage girls) til he rented #22. These are just some questions that are running thru my mind.

He then receives a speeding ticket in Surfside Beach the after Brittanee disappeared, Sunday the 26th. Was the direction he was headed on 17 noted on that citation? I'll have to go back and check.

I do wonder if he was lurking around the hotels in the area during his time off. The composite sketch and his mug shot are so similar!

I know this is like :banghead: trying to put this all together. I appreciate eveyones patience while I ramble on with questions:crazy:

wm

ETA...One more thing and then I'll get off my soapbox, lol! I am a firm believer that violent RSOs cannot be rehabilitated. They are the same as serial killers, in my book. Eventually, their sick compulsion will rear it's ugly head once again. They seem to move around alot and are difficult to track. College towns, tourist towns, are a haven for these types of predators. Especially if they are on a recon mission, lurking about and staking out a young lady who he has noticed walking alone. (which we know that Britt was feeling estranged from the other girls she roomed with) MOO and rant over!!! wm

All makes for the good argument that ALL RSO's should be required to wear monitoring devices for life, with all GPS data downloaded weekly/monthly, etc., and placed on file indefinitely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member