SC SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #17

Discussion in '2000's Missing' started by KateB, Aug 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KateB

KateB New Member

[​IMG] [​IMG]

http://helpfindbrittaneedrexel.com/

If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
    Myrtle Beach Police Department
    (843) 918-1963
    or CUE Center For Missing Persons 24 Hour Tip Line 910-232-1687

NCMEC Poster - http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...archLang=en_US

NamUs - https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/5438/0/

Previous Threads:

Thread #1 Thread #2

Thread #3 Thread #4

Thread #5 Thread #6

Thread #7 Thread #8

Thread #9 Thread #10

Thread #11 Thread #12

Thread #13 Thread #14

Thread #15 Thread #16

Please continue here.

2. Loading...

3. lonetraveler

lonetraveler Well-Known Member

I just googled "young girls kidnapped and held as sex slaves" and came up with pages and pages of cases. Try it.

4. Disco4Ever

Disco4Ever New Member

I work as a data analyst, and in my free time, I wrote a script that I use to scrape the NamUs database on a semi-regular basis. Surprisingly, Myrtle Beach does not quite make the top 100. Here is a link if you are interested in viewing the chart:

http://discoviz.github.io

I haven't had a chance to work this part into the map just yet, but when adjusted for population, the top 10 states are:

State (Population / Missing Persons)
    Alaska (710,231 / 136)
    Arizona (6,392,017 / 755)
    Oregon (3,831,074 / 355)
    Vermont (625,741 / 51)
    Washington (6,724,540 / 538)
    Wyoming (563,626 / 42)
    District of Columbia (601,723 / 41)
    Montana (989,415 / 67)
    Nevada (2,700,551 / 180)
    Delaware (897,934 / 56)

Sorry if this is off topic but I have been looking for a proper venue to share these charts and Websleuths seemed like the best place.

Peace :peace: and Love :heartbeat:

5. allmybecsloveme

allmybecsloveme Member

I meant in other "popular tourist destinations" or party areas...could you look that up? I'm really interested in seeing that.

6. ZooSleuth

ZooSleuth Former Member

This is impressive! Great use of D3.js! As a front-end web developer and a websleuth I really appreciate this.

7. Strawberry Fields

Strawberry Fields New Member

Just saw on local tv station an Iowa couple were sentenced for kidnapping a 20 year old female, brought her to Richmond, VA and forced her to have sex through ads they placed on Craig's list. They also tortured her by burning her with cigarettes and "other things". Judge gave them more prison time than prosecutors were asking for stating what they did was too horrendous for less time.

8. lizzybeth

lizzybeth Active Member

I saw that too Strawberry Fields. I'm so glad that truck driver took the time to make that call to LE when he saw the young woman at the rest stop.
    Even reading here about all the horrible things people do to each other I was shocked to think anyone would do that to someone. I'm glad they got more time than prosecutors were asking for and I hope the young woman will get the help I'm sure she's going to need in order to live a half way normal life after this.

Every time I look at websleuths I pass the Missing but not Forgotten thread and think there's no reason to check on Brittanee because there's never any new info. I can't help it. I still check. I still have hope that one day we'll know what happened and deep down I hope and pray that she'll make it home alive. That Dawn will be able to hug and get a hug from her little girl again.

9. Strawberry Fields

Ditto lizzybeth. I hope and pray too.

Sent from my B1-730HD using Tapatalk

10. Rob774

Rob774 New Member

On my way to MB in a few weeks. I can't help but to think of this case. Of all the cases that are on here, hers and Amy Bradley distrub me the most. I flip-flop from time to time, in regards to wishing that she wasd alive somewhere out there, being held. Or do I want her to be already gone, not living through the relentless torment of whomever is hoilding her. I guess the only good part about her being held is that perhaps, one day she can be free like those Ohio women. Britanee would be about 23 now, she still would have her whole life ahead of her. If found tomorrow, she could still marry, have kids and move on from this nightmare.

Same with Bradley. She's older, but still has a lot of life left in her. I pray these woman can be found one day. Even if not alive, their family can atleast have partial closure. The not-knowing has to be the most terrible thing in the world.

11. Rochestergirl

Rochestergirl New Member

12. Strawberry Fields

Thanks for posting Rochestergirl. Have to wonder about if there was any trafficking involved with this attorney.

13. Rochestergirl

Rochestergirl New Member

14. Strawberry Fields

I guess I misinterpreted the first article. Seems he was probably only involved in one incident. My error in reading more into it. Thanks. Just wishing so much for justice for Brittanee and her family.

15. stillwatersc

stillwatersc New Member

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_ee13f252-4820-11e5-8fd8-7bc944f9d4ca.html

Oh no. Another missing teen.

Went to meet a guy named 'Jeremy'. Her car is missing also. Marley's phone found in parking lot of Ocean Reef resort in MB. The phone being found in parking lot is scary.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. PeterThomasFan

PeterThomasFan New Member

SC human trafficking may be more prevalent than thought
    WBTW News StaffPublished: August 24, 2015, 12:23 pm

CLEMSON, SC — Human trafficking in South Carolina may be more prevalent than previously thought, according to a study released by researchers at Clemson University.

Nearly 20 percent of past kidnapping and prostitution case files analyzed from police incident reports in Greenville County over a three year period (2010-2012) had markers indicating the presence of human trafficking, said the study’s leader, Mark Small, a professor in Clemson’s youth, family and community studies department and associate director of Clemson’s Institute on Family and Neighborhood Life.

Historically, human trafficking was viewed as a problem of smuggling and illegal migration, but it more recently has been seen as a problem of commercial sexual exploitation, especially of minors, and of forced labor, especially through the use of coercion or fraud, Small said.

[...]

17. Strawberry Fields

Is there a thread here on Websleuths for missing teen Marley Spindler? I don't know how to start one.

Sent from my B1-730HD using Tapatalk

18. Montjoy

Montjoy Inactive

19. rubylulu19

rubylulu19 Member

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

20. Kmiller7779

Kmiller7779 New Member

Bumping for Brittanee

21. Rayemonde

Rayemonde New Member

Aren't the woman who are trafficked usually very vulnerable, though? I would imagine that traffickers usually target women who won't be missed or searched for and are easier to control - runaways, drug addicts, people in extreme poverty and so on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.