Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. I think they do know who took her. They have stated many times that their pieces of evidence point in the same direction.

Everyday, i wish for a break in this case. This poor, sweet girl and her dear family deserve it. I live in Charleston and when we drive down 17 through McClellanville and Georgetown, I think of Britt the entire time. I see the signs for the roads they have searched: Pole Yard Way, Old Rutledge, Old Collins Creek, 7 Mile, Powell Rd.

I hope that this is the year she comes home!

Brittanee, I hope 2016 is your year. 7 years is too long. I hope everyday to read that you've come home to your family.

I've found NO news after 08 December on the remains found in Hemingway. Supposedly the medical examiner stated that they are human and sent to the Medical Univ. of SC. Quite a few missing in that general area, so some family may get some small amount of closure when they know.

I read that the remains are skeletal. No other updates. It is sad but true that there are many missing from this area.

It can take a while to identify skeletal remains. Maybe up yo a year or more.

I did a little bit of reading on identifying skeletal remains. It can definitely be a lengthy process identifying DNA, but they can make some other determinations before they get DNA results. Gender can be determined, dental records can be checked, a basic approximation of age can be made in some cases. All of this could at least rule out some of the possible identifications. Besides Brittanee, Heather and Zach both come to mind for me. Neither has been found, but this area where the remains were recovered seems plausible. Just my thoughts....

Not human trafficking imo. Something far more ordinary - Her own (boy) friends.

That boy I saw on tv with his lawyer simply did not care a twig about Brittanee.

A Red Flag if ever I've seen one. He didn't even pretend to care.

If my kid was in that situation (missing friend in another state) I would demand that he comes home immediately. I think it's reprehensible for people to blame the friends. Destroying someone's life is not funny and is not "justice". Justice can only come from the courts not vigilantism.
Personally, I believe what happened to poor Brittanee is all too common--she accepted a ride from a bad guy.

The friend is a jerk. BUT, not being from that area, I just don't think he could have hidden the body well enough to not be found. I think she was picked up and taken from the area or picked up by a local who knows how to get into the wetlands (maybe in a boat) and put her where she may never be found. (just like in the Heather Elvis case, life long locals)
All MOO

If my kid was in that situation (missing friend in another state) I would demand that he comes home immediately. I think it's reprehensible for people to blame the friends. Destroying someone's life is not funny and is not "justice". Justice can only come from the courts not vigilantism.
Personally, I believe what happened to poor Brittanee is all too common--she accepted a ride from a bad guy.

Blaming Brittanee is better? Saying she accepted a ride from a stranger in a strange town? I simply do not believe this - she was young, it was dark, she was on her own in a strange town. She was also Not Stupid.

Brittanee didnt accept a ride from a "bad guy" imo!. No one does except a Working Girl. High school girls would run a mile in the opposite direction especially at night, especially when they are on their own!

What is Statistically Most Likely , reprehensible or not, is that Brittanee knew her abductor and willingly went with them.

I strongly suggest everyone watches the interview I watched with the boy and his lawyer.

While it may be "reprehensible" to look at him with question marks, (I bet the police didn't let that stop them investigating!) he literally does not seem to give a toss about Brittanee.

His body language, his speech, his Lawyer - all of them are about The Boy.

This is so incredibly unnatural it amounts to Evidence imo.

Most young guys would be overcome with guilt and remorse that they let their young female friend vanish into the night. Most young guys would not appear on Prime Time TV with their Lawyers so appear like such an uncaring self serving callous douche.

Statistically, logically, the last people to see Brittanee are the ones who also Disappeared Her.

Reprehensible or not, it is a Statistical Likelihood.

After viewing that boy and his Attitude, I suspect Police haven't solved it because there is a Pact of Silence.

MOO

There are strangers and then there are strangers. Somebody she'd been talking to on the beach, somebody she met at a club, somebody they'd all been hanging out with, likely would not have been considered a stranger.

There are strangers and then there are strangers. Somebody she'd been talking to on the beach, somebody she met at a club, somebody they'd all been hanging out with, likely would not have been considered a stranger.

When I was 17 way back in the 80's - I shudder now at how trusting I was. In MB we would cruise the boulevard with anyone, especially if they drove a Jeep Wrangler. And we weren't drunk or on drugs - just innocent fun riding around with our new friends. Not a thought of being in danger. :blushing:

When I was 17 way back in the 80's - I shudder now at how trusting I was. In MB we would cruise the boulevard with anyone, especially if they drove a Jeep Wrangler. And we weren't drunk or on drugs - just innocent fun riding around with our new friends. Not a thought of being in danger.

So true Stillwater! I shudder now to think of those MB summer days and nights...how unsuspecting and innocent we were of any danger. And there weren't drugs or alcohol involved, in my close group at least, but everyone was accepted as being ok even if you just met them an hour before...We would go visit motel rooms, cruise the blvd with new-found friends...so scary now to think about. We were lucky, no blessed, to not have gone with the wrong person!

Sapphire, I live in SC, been going to MB all my life, still go. Yes, young girls DO accept rides with people they just met, go to their condos, rooms, restaurants, local attractions, etc.
I don't know if that is what happened, or if someone just pulled over, asked her for directions, and pulled her into a vehicle.
Or if one, or some, of her friends were somehow involved.
I think a thousand things could have happened, but after all this time she has not been found, and that speaks to me of possibly a local or she was taken from the area completely.

I tend to lean towards stranger abduction with poor Brittanee. It's been well documented that the area where she went missing has many parking garages and dark alleys. Keep in mind as well that a little more than a year after Britt went missing, there was an attempted abduction of another young lady in the same area.

Britt was more than likely focused on her cell phone as she walked back to the Bar Harbor. She had texts coming in from her boyfriend and she was responding. A petite, pretty, young lady would be on a predator's radar for certain. Especially if she seemed focused on her phone as she walked back.

There have been some new movements in her case. Dateline has her on its list of people to feature. There is a lot of movement on Facebook to have her case reevaluated.

Personally, I think the inland areas should have been searched. They never were. There have been human skeletal remains found in a neighboring county and that just reminds me of how much time and evidence has been potentially lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks