Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I certainly hope she can be found and brought home. As far as alligators go, I've heard (not an expert but I did grow up near the everglades) that alligators aren't a good disposal type of animal. It could be total BS but I've heard that alligator hardly ever scavenge and they prefer to eat their own kills.

Unless my math is wrong, of those booked on Friday, the youngest would have been 15 at the time of Brittanee's disappearance.

Also, has anyone here thought to look at a current Google satellite of the area and compare it to one around the time she went missing? I have no idea how to do that.

FFct  Oct07.jpgFFct  June10.JPGFFct 2017.JPG

October 2007, June 2010, 2017

From the August 2016 People article:

[...]

In explosive new court testimony, the FBI, citing informants, implicated Timothy Da’Shaun Taylor and his father, Timothy Shaun Taylor, in Drexel’s disappearance and death. Court records show the elder Taylor and his brother, Randall Keith Taylor, have also been arrested in previous abductions or attempted abductions, though the charges were later dropped in both cases.

I think the person was inquiring as to the 4 men arrested by the US Marshalls that are being held. One of which has the same surname

FWIW I believe the story told by Brown is too detailed to be simply made up, and it appears there's enough veracity to it that the FBI and other LE believe it as well. If true, Brittanee was killed in South Santee, near McClellanville. Several people supposedly have corroborated (in a second or third-hand way) the claim that the body was disposed of in a swampy area teaming with alligators. Given the proximity of so many of these sites to South Santee, and until there's evidence suggesting otherwise, I tend to believe that as well.

If those things are true, the Georgetown site is too far from the stash house to make sense as a site for disposal of the body. It makes more sense to me that after she was abducted from MB, that site in Georgetown was the first stop. Some of you who have been here much longer than I can correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like that would fit with her cell phone pings and timeline. However, there doesn't appear to be a structure at the Georgetown site to hold her in, so the question becomes why stop there? Perhaps they knew from their drug dealing activities that the site was remote and secluded enough to commit the initial assaults, but if they had a plan in mind to take her someplace and traffic her, they probably would've just waited until they got there. If this really was a spontaneous crime of opportunity, maybe there was no plan, and they just wanted to find a spot they were familiar with and knew it was unlikely LE would show up, and only later decided to take her elsewhere and traffic her. For the conspiracy crowd, the Georgetown site strikes me as a very good location for a transaction of some sort.

Either way, while they were at the Georgetown site, they may have gone through her belongings and discovered the cell phone, so they disposed of it and most her other personal belongings (perhaps keeping some, i.e. sunglasses?), and then moved her further south. If the South Santee house ended up being her final destination, but there's enough evidence to be convinced she was in the three locations mentioned at the FBI briefing in June, then it would stand to reason she was taken from the Georgetown site to somewhere in North Charleston before ending up in South Santee/McClellanville. (As an aside, the FB page for ST previously stated residence as North Charleston. Now it says Charleston...of course it also specifically says "I am a very nice and kind person" and the profile pic is of some preacher (not ST), so I'm not sure you can actually believe a single thing on there). I'm wondering if LE has a bead on the North Charleston site where she was held. I guess it's possible that she spent most of her time in North Charleston after being taken, and was only taken to South Santee at the end.

LE has long stated this case was "complex" and often described it as a puzzle coming together. This past weekend's search is another piece of that puzzle, and I hope they found what they were searching for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FWIW I believe the story told by Brown is too detailed to be simply made up, and it appears there's enough veracity to it that the FBI and other LE believe it as well. If true, Brittanee was killed in South Santee, near McClellanville. Several people supposedly have corroborated (in a second or third-hand way) the claim that the body was disposed of in a swampy area teaming with alligators. Given the proximity of so many of these sites to South Santee, and until there's evidence suggesting otherwise, I tend to believe that as well.

If those things are true, the Georgetown site is too far from the stash house to make sense as a site for disposal of the body. It makes more sense to me that after she was abducted from MB, that site in Georgetown was the first stop. Some of you who have been here much longer than I can correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like that would fit with her cell phone pings and timeline. However, there doesn't appear to be a structure at the Georgetown site to hold her in, so the question becomes why stop there? Perhaps they knew from their drug dealing activities that the site was remote and secluded enough to commit the initial assaults, but if they had a plan in mind to take her someplace and traffic her, they probably would've just waited until they got there. If this really was a spontaneous crime of opportunity, maybe there was no plan, and they just wanted to find a spot they were familiar with and knew it was unlikely LE would show up, and only later decided to take her elsewhere and traffic her. For the conspiracy crowd, the Georgetown site strikes me as a very good location for a transaction of some sort.

Either way, while they were at the Georgetown site, they may have gone through her belongings and discovered the cell phone, so they disposed of it and most her other personal belongings (perhaps keeping some, i.e. sunglasses?), and then moved her further south. If the South Santee house ended up being her final destination, but there's enough evidence to be convinced she was in the three locations mentioned at the FBI briefing in June, then it would stand to reason she was taken from the Georgetown site to somewhere in North Charleston before ending up in South Santee/McClellanville. (As an aside, the FB page for ST previously stated residence as North Charleston. Now it says Charleston...of course it also specifically says "I am a very nice and kind person" and the profile pic is of some preacher (not ST), so I'm not sure you can actually believe a single thing on there). I'm wondering if LE has a bead on the North Charleston site where she was held. I guess it's possible that she spent most of her time in North Charleston after being taken, and was only taken to South Santee at the end.

LE has long stated this case was "complex" and often described it as a puzzle coming together. This past weekend's search is another piece of that puzzle, and I hope they found what they were searching for.

I wonder what the backhoe stuff was all about.

Like you, I wonder if there was physical evidence buried at that site around the time she disappeared, or buried at some point thereafter.

MOO is if she was at that site, there was an abandoned or unoccupied trailer involved.

I wonder what the backhoe stuff was all about.

Like you, I wonder if there was physical evidence buried at that site around the time she disappeared, or buried at some point thereafter.

MOO is if she was at that site, there was an abandoned or unoccupied trailer involved.

The trailer idea is a good one. Hadn't thought of that, but it jives with some other weird online posts I've seen regarding this kind of crime in that area. Thanks.

I certainly hope she can be found and brought home. As far as alligators go, I've heard (not an expert but I did grow up near the everglades) that alligators aren't a good disposal type of animal. It could be total BS but I've heard that alligator hardly ever scavenge and they prefer to eat their own kills.

I think you are right. In addition, alligators have very low metabolisms. As such, they tend to "snack" on rather than consume kills. When the prey (not scavenged) is a human, that usually means the body is hidden for later. When the alligator is hungry, the body is recovered and partially consumed. This can lead to people spotting an alligator with a body in its mouth.

When applied to the testimony, I think the witness is telling the core truth (those named are responsible for the murder), but might be "filling in" some of the details for a variety of motivations.

Please delete if not allowed. Interesting article about the 4 arrested on Sun News (myrtlebeachonline).

The trailer idea is a good one. Hadn't thought of that, but it jives with some other weird online posts I've seen regarding this kind of crime in that area. Thanks.

If you look at post #382 by watergirl62 you can see 3 different photos of the property it looks like there was a trailer on that property at one point and time.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

Interesting read:

GEORGETOWN, SC (WMBF) - A former assistant director for the Federal Bureau of Investigation gave his thoughts about the weekend search in Georgetown County in relation to the Brittanee Drexel case.

Chris Swecker said in a case like this, where so many people and agencies are involved, and there is a $25,000 reward, investigators have to make sure all tips are legitimate.
“You're going to get strange calls, and you're going to get people,” Swecker said. “You're going to have a hard time sorting through what's real and what's not real. And the only way to know what's not real is to withhold details.”
http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/35007...director-talks-latest-brittanee-drexel-search

Based on the sifter attached to the back hoe it reminds me of the holly bobo search. I think there is a strong shot they were looking for a burn pit.

I think we should keep in mind that "gator pit" could be very subjective, here, as the informant, if he is to be believed, got his information second-hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong