Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have actually performed this on a tower before ( not in the USA), there is quite a few variables to consider when this is done and time frame can be one of them

i have no idea of the state regulations for Carolina neither do i know what the retention records are like

but we are talking about a case from 10 or so years a go, can anyone confirm they performed this tower dump and have the records or you are just saying "it could be done'

I don't know if it was done and if they would divulge such info. Would LE know how to do this 10 years ago? Maybe they got the records but didn't know how to look at it. There are so many unknowns. I think if the family or someone would ask LE about it, that might be get them to look at it, and hopefully get a new lead that could potentially break this case.

i have actually performed this on a tower before ( not in the USA), there is quite a few variables to consider when this is done and time frame can be one of them

i have no idea of the state regulations for Carolina neither do i know what the retention records are like

but we are talking about a case from 10 or so years a go, can anyone confirm they performed this tower dump and have the records or you are just saying "it could be done'

I don't know if it was done and if they would divulge such info. Would LE know how to do this 10 years ago? Maybe they got the records but didn't know how to look at it. There are so many unknowns. I think if the family or someone would ask LE about it, that might be get sone experts to look at it, and hopefully get a new lead that could potentially break this case.

Maybe they got the records but didn't know how to look at it.

its a GB's and GB's of text basically in a specific format, you need someone to go through it, it depends what format they got it in or if someone had transferred it to a searchable database

but yeah its interesting if we could triangulate the pings from Brittanee's phone to the suspects and their family members phones

it could provide a very big set of circumstances and clues to solving the case

the problem is the data is limited and it can only do so much, im not even sure what technology was on the towers in this part of the state you know so many years a go, it makes it hard

your best bet would be to actually pull the records for several towers on the course from where she was last seen and the pings they do have and then the final tower near the stash house

but its thousands of hours of work and people hours, since the FBI has been involved its possible they've already worked this angle

Reading up some earlier threads regarding time lines, sunglasses found in the river, etc...

Here is an interesting post from 2010... these times and locations, could be handy for Tower Dump investigation.
---------------

"**IF** this newest report is correct on the times, and Brittanee was texting in Myrtle Beach at 8:58pm, leaving BWR at 8:59pm, and her phone pings in Georgetown at 10:18pm, that means that she (her phone) went straight from MB to Georgetown and that the abduction took place very shortly after leaving the hotel..."

I agree... It takes a little over an hour (1hr-1hr15mins) (46 miles) to get from BW on Ocean blvd, to Pole Yard Way in Georgetown county. With that in mind - you are right, not much time to goof around, or make any lengthy stops.

in the question of high school kid vs adult - I am thinking adult.. I only say that because detectives have a way of breaking people down, and getting them to talk. USUALLY, it's much easier to break a teenager than an adult. I Would especially hope with a task force of 3 detectives, they should be able to get some info, especially out of a young adult.

Strato:
"I am doubting we have a way of knowing exactly which towers were pinged."

Actually we do, for at least one of the towers, it's not 100%, but I am pretty confident of the location of the tower in the "Georgetown-Charleston" county line... It's located right off hwy 17 on Six Mile Road....

I am feeling pretty good about the new time for the last text.. it makes everything fit together a little bit..
-------------

Actually we do, for at least one of the towers, it's not 100%, but I am pretty confident of the location of the tower in the "Georgetown-Charleston" county line... It's located right off hwy 17 on Six Mile Road....

my memory may be getting a little fuzzy, but i thought i had read they knew the tower locations as a certain

its how they plotted her course until her phone stopped responding to towers

actually i think it was a documentary, maybe we can get some tower info from that map, we may be able to find the actual towers they used and then work out the distances, one of the issues though from the time she went missing to the time we are today in 2020 tower technology has changed dramatically those towers may not even be there at all anymore or may have been completely revamped to latest 4g/5g technology meaning any information needed for this may have been lost naturally over the years due to progressing technology in cell towers =(

i'll have a look again

Last edited:
my memory may be getting a little fuzzy, but i thought i had read they knew the tower locations as a certain

its how they plotted her course until her phone stopped responding to towers

actually i think it was a documentary, maybe we can get some tower info from that map, we may be able to find the actual towers they used and then work out the distances, one of the issues though from the time she went missing to the time we are today in 2020 tower technology has changed dramatically those towers may not even be there at all anymore or may have been completely revamped to latest 4g/5g technology meaning any information needed for this may have been lost naturally over the years due to progressing technology in cell towers =(

i'll have a look again

Well I guess there are two issues I think...
1. Did LE get the Tower Dumps in 2009 from all relevant towers (i.e. surrounding the critical time line)
2. Can LE still get the old records, perhaps with special requests, from the carriers (if LE didn't get the 2009 records)

Hard drive is cheap... so I wonder the carriers would choose to keep these old records for 10+ years. E.g. for audit purpose, or requests from LE, etc... Never hurts to ask I guess.

Well I guess there are two issues I think...
1. Did LE get the Tower Dumps in 2009 from all relevant towers (i.e. surrounding the critical time line)
2. Can LE still get the old records, perhaps with special requests, from the carriers (if LE didn't get the 2009 records)

Hard drive is cheap... so I wonder the carriers would choose to keep these old records for 10+ years. E.g. for audit purpose, or requests from LE, etc... Never hurts to ask I guess.

this is where rentention laws come into place and i am 100% lost of what goes on for local government in the USA it changes from one place to the next, would have to look through the FTC guidelines i think

It's sad to say, but I believe that her body will never be found, and there will always be rumors-but no proof in this case. Therefor I cannot see any convictions in the future. This criminal group is tight, has no respect for women, and think her death is a joke. I hope Karma slaps them in the face.

Sounds like CNN is putting together some sort of documentary on Brittanee’s case. They are evidently in the process of interviewing the family and many of the key players in the investigation of her disappearance. Hopefully it brings renewed attention to the case and maybe brings some movement toward justice. Based on what I saw, it may not be out until 2021, but just be aware.

As far as finding Brittanee’s remains goes, its true they may never find anything, or there’s nothing left to find, but that hardly means the quest to hold people accountable is over. Many no-body murders have been successfully prosecuted, especially over the last several years. The days of the “no body, no crime” crap that violent criminals love to spout are numbered.

Sounds like CNN is putting together some sort of documentary on Brittanee’s case.

that for one would be amazing, and two she and her case deserve the big news treatment of something recent, its been many years since we've had a decent investigation type show for her

if you have a link to the information for the CNN show please post it

Any one aware of any post or link with a time line of events with credible evidence or witness statements? I.e. with things like released surveillance videos, location of the surveillance cameras, hotels, flipflops, shorts, tower pings, sunglasses found, search/canvass locations, etc... with when and where information. I am really curious regarding relationship with the sunglasses, last tower pings etc... did sunglasses belong to Brittanee?

If I have time I might create a timeline and a map and post them for future reference.

Last edited:
Any one aware of any post or link with a time line of events with credible evidence or witness statements? I.e. with things like released surveillance videos, location of the surveillance cameras, hotels, flipflops, shorts, tower pings, sunglasses found, search/canvass locations, etc... with when and where information. I am really curious regarding relationship with the sunglasses, last tower pings etc... did sunglasses belong to the Brittanee?

If I have time I might create a timeline and a map and post them for future reference.
I want to say back in 2010 threads there were some good timelines but I don't have time to look right now but knowing what we know now its really good to start at the beginning its almost eerie BTW some of the earlier threads.

did sunglasses belong to Brittanee?

my memory is kinda fuzzy i should really read up again properly

but the mother thought they were Brittanee's sunglasses but couldn't be 100% sure and the police couldn't confirm it, like they couldn't find a photo of her wearing the exact same ones, i think they tested them as well but couldn't find anything to help verify they belonged to her

In 2010, "ST" ( edited by me) was one of three men named as a suspect in the attempted abduction of a 20-year-old woman from outside the very same BlueWater Resort where Drexel is believed to have gone missing, ABC 15 reported at the time.

^ to me this was and has been the final piece to the puzzle the last thing now is to try find her and bring her home along with charges for all involved and i mean all anyone who was involved in raping her or sexually assaulting her deserves serious charges as well as they were complicit in the crime overall

I want to say back in 2010 threads there were some good timelines but I don't have time to look right now but knowing what we know now its really good to start at the beginning its almost eerie BTW some of the earlier threads.

Lots of great posts from 2010... I found a nice time line in this post:
SC - SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #8

interesting snips from above time line:
===
~ 9:15 PM 4/25 - BD texts her bf JG (PER TVM'S FB PAGE FOR BD)

(9:13 to 9:20 DST?) PM 4/25 - BD goes missing (per 7 minute statement by LE) & doesn't make it to the first street cam she should have been picked up on.
===
Another post said...
===""Just before 9:00 p.m. on April 25, 2009, surveillance video caught Drexel leaving the Blue Water Resort on Ocean Boulevard. She was heading back to where she was staying, the Bar Harbour Motel, but she never made it."
===
Location of surveillance video: 1004 South Ocean Boulevard:
SC - SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #15
video snip:

Conclusion:
If Brittanee left Blue Water Hotel at ~9:00pm to "return the shorts", Walking distance from Blue Water to the the traffic camera is about 14 min per google maps, and last text was at 9:15, and traffic cam never caught her on the way back... she must have have been abducted right around the traffic cam location.

Here is the map of the last walk she would have had:
خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

LE could find no other surveillance videos in this path? That is so unfortunate! I would say some dark location on that path hidden from the general public would be the abduction location. Maybe the the culprits knew about this camera an knew to avoid it!

Also, it would be interesting to know if LE did the Tower Dump analysis on this path to see if any suspicious numbers showed up. Seems to me would very similar to surveillance videos, except that it captures phone number instead of people's faces.

except that it captures phone number instead of people's faces.

it does but you need to know the cell number you are looking for, even if you have the time frame because the tower could serve millions of people even over a short time of just a few minutes, obviously they have Brittanee's number but i wonder if they had the numbers for who they think is involved as that could provide insight into exactly what was planned and who else knew what was happening/going to happen

so it depends is what i am saying but iv seen nothing to suggest they've done this

Last edited:
it does but you need to know the cell number you are looking for, even if you have the time frame because the tower could serve millions of people even over a short time of just a few minutes

so it depends is what i am saying but iv seen nothing to suggest they've done this

I doubt myrtle beach has population in the millions even with the spring breakers. Plus it would be for a 15 min window right around the walking path back to Bar Harbor hotel until the traffic cam. I think that would narrow down the numbers to may be about a thousand to 10 thousand. LE can easily do reverse lookup these numbers to get names of owners and see if any suspicious names and addresses in MCVille pop up. Or find numbers that match the Tower Dump of the last ping location.... sorry for the long rambling but this technique should have been used by LE if it was possible then.

I think that would narrow down the numbers to may be about a thousand to 10 thousand.

yeah its a lot of work, iv done it before not for a cime or anything it was actually for servicing and to do with some data laws over here

but the easiest way to find this information would be to already have the cell numbers somehow

The Myrtle Beach metropolitan area had an estimated population in 2019 of 480,891. that is without spring break attendance which could make it swell it says an extra 100,000 people attend for spring break festivities so you are talking about just under 600,000 people and their cell phones, also lots of systems work through sms and phone calls, think back to base alarms, security for businesses and heaps of other services throughout town emergency systems automated systems etc

which if this cell tower is the one which serves the inner most portion of town yeah it could be insane trying to reverse engineer the information they need

you also have to consider 9pm is prime time for spring break its just about when everyone is getting ready to continue their partying through the night so it would be considered peak time for sms's and phone calls

not trying to shoot you down just trying to work it out

Lots of great posts from 2010... I found a nice time line in this post:
SC - SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #8

interesting snips from above time line:
===
~ 9:15 PM 4/25 - BD texts her bf JG (PER TVM'S FB PAGE FOR BD)

(9:13 to 9:20 DST?) PM 4/25 - BD goes missing (per 7 minute statement by LE) & doesn't make it to the first street cam she should have been picked up on.
===
Another post said...
===""Just before 9:00 p.m. on April 25, 2009, surveillance video caught Drexel leaving the Blue Water Resort on Ocean Boulevard. She was heading back to where she was staying, the Bar Harbour Motel, but she never made it."
===
Location of surveillance video: 1004 South Ocean Boulevard:
SC - SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #15
video snip:

Conclusion:
If Brittanee left Blue Water Hotel at ~9:00pm to "return the shorts", Walking distance from Blue Water to the the traffic camera is about 14 min per google maps, and last text was at 9:15, and traffic cam never caught her on the way back... she must have have been abducted right around the traffic cam location.

Here is the map of the last walk she would have had:
خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

LE could find no other surveillance videos in this path? That is so unfortunate! I would say some dark location on that path hidden from the general public would be the abduction location. Maybe the the culprits knew about this camera an knew to avoid it!

Also, it would be interesting to know if LE did the Tower Dump analysis on this path to see if any suspicious numbers showed up. Seems to me would very similar to surveillance videos, except that it captures phone number instead of people's faces.
I have long suspected they know exactly where the cameras are probably lots of places And the Randa Massey thing I think they tried to grab her in that exact spot. It sure worked before :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member