Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like there's a good chance they've found her body.

GEORGETOWN COUNTY, S.C. (WMBF) – Remains have been found in a wooded area in Georgetown County, according to multiple sources.

It’s unclear at this point if the remains are those of Brittanee Drexel.

The same sources would not give a specific location on where the remains were found.

WMBF was the first to tell you that law enforcement officers were seen searching late Wednesday night in the outskirts of Georgetown.

Looks like there's a good chance they've found her body.

GEORGETOWN COUNTY, S.C. (WMBF) – Remains have been found in a wooded area in Georgetown County, according to multiple sources.

It’s unclear at this point if the remains are those of Brittanee Drexel.

The same sources would not give a specific location on where the remains were found.

WMBF was the first to tell you that law enforcement officers were seen searching late Wednesday night in the outskirts of Georgetown.

How long before we will know if it's Brittanee? I don't want a certain person back out on the streets!

It's interesting that they knew exactly where to search for the body. Did he confess??
My hunch is the obstruction charge means he was evasive with LE in the past, and new info came to light in the case or dots were connected somehow.

Now what all he had to do with this is anyone's guess, could be he's being held because they have to get evidence in order for there to be a 'discovery' phase of the investigation, linking perp/perps with the abduction, murder, and other crimes associated with the case. By evidence I mean it could be others will be charged, could be Moody merely has information or was somehow associated with what happened.

On the edge of my chair as I type this, this case brought me to Websleuths.

Edit: They could be holding him because of fear of retaliation, too, in addition to the obstruction charge.

Last edited:
I pray that the truth will finally be known about what happened to this beautiful girl… I always think of her when we take our annual trip to Myrtle Beach, Especially if we happen to go down that stretch of Ocean Blvd where she disappeared.

But if RM told them where to find the body, how was he ever allowed to bond out? I mean, doesn’t that show his involvement?
Maybe he covered for others then? I am still wondering If somehow associated with the Taylor's. Maybe not. It is weird that is allowed bond. And 100.000 is not a huge amount to bond out.

He's probably negotiated some type of plea deal too.

This is from the Georgetown County Detention Center, he's still incarcerated.
View attachment 343633

Exactly what I'm thinking, he may have information. Otherwise there would be a high likelihood charges against him would have been filed already if he were directly involved in the capital crime stuff.

Following...

Interesting.....

"Moody was identified as a person of interest in the Brittanee Drexel case in 2012, but law enforcement said at the time they lacked enough evidence to peg Moody as a definitive suspect. This was the last time his name was mentioned publicly in the case."

"In 2016, the FBI revealed new details about Drexel's disappearance, saying she was killed after being held against her will."

"A short time later, Timothy Da'Shaun Taylor was named a suspect in the case - a revelation that came from court papers tied to another case he was charged in. The FBI said Taylor had failed a lie detector test when questioned about Drexel's disappearance. He has continuously denied any involvement in the case, including during his appearance on Dr. Phil in 2016."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23