GUILTY SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 *ARREST in 2022* #21

RIP Brittanee. So sorry that one moment of free-spirited, youthful fun resulted in this horrific outcome. You are every girl, all of us, carefree and vulnerable at one point in time, a little rebellious, some of us came home, some encountered monsters in society. I am so sorry, sweetheart.

Moody’s former boyfriend, who lived with him until 2008, wrote a memoir and included details about his relationship with Moody.

We also reached out to the FBI regarding its investigation into Taylor as a suspect. Roughly an hour-and-a-half after hearing from Taylor's attorney, the FBI said Taylor was no longer considered a suspect:

"Throughout the investigation we followed multiple leads to wherever they led us and until the conclusion of those leads. That portion of the investigation was concluded, and we are confident that with Moody's arrest we have the man responsible for Brittanee's murder."

Weaver said that Moody buried Drexel, who was already dead, on or around April 26, 2009.

“It was really quick... and it was hours, it wasn’t days, the entire process was a series of hours, from the time that she went missing to the time that she was buried,” said Richardson.

Richardson is the lead prosecutor in the case, and he told our Myrtle Beach area affiliate, WMBF, that it was Moody who went to his attorney and then turned himself in.

"He basically turned himself in," Richardson said. "He went over to his lawyer's office and from that point, he was taken into custody."

He was a named POI back in 2012. Of note, the day he got the ticket is the date they think he buried Brittanee (at the press conference they said he buried her "on or about April 26").

A traffic ticket shows that a person of interest in the case of missing New York teenager Brittanee Drexel was near the location the teen was last seen the day after she disappeared.
Raymond Moody,Georgetown, was pulled over by Surfside Beach Police Officer Steve Brode at 3:21pm April 26, 2009, according to the ticket obtained by News 13.

The ticket shows Moody was traveling 45 miles per hour in a 30 miles per hour section of 16th Avenue North and Cherry Drive in SurfsideBeach.

It also shows Moody was driving a Harley Davidson motorcycle when he was pulled over.
The ticket indicates Moody paid a $133 fine and therefore did not need to show up to the set May 20, 2009 court date.
Amazing how many criminals are linked thru traffic violations.

Reading that Brittanee was finally found took my breath away. I really did not expect it. For me, this is such a sad sad case and was so hard to follow. Knowing this freak of nature and creepy looking evil was the last person she saw just angers and saddens me to no end. I am glad he said it was quick and that she was not held for days. I choose this ending over what’s been said over the years, regardless of the truth. Prayers sent to her parents and loved ones. I hope Brittanee’s spirit can be free now.

I'm not sure if this has been posted or not (there has been a lot of information posted today -- thank you all), but it states that Moody took Brittanee to the Santee River (probably the Poleyard boat landing) where he raped and strangled her. Then he transported her body to the site where it was buried. If he was transporting her body around after he killed her, then I think its pretty safe to assume he was not on his motorcycle that night, and he had switched vehicles by the time he was pulled over the next afternoon in Surfside. It seems like Moody knew exactly where he wanted to take her, since he made a beeline for the landing after taking her off the street. I bet he had also previously scoped out the location he ended up burying her, and I assume he had a shovel with him that night, knowing full well that he intended to murder a girl and bury her body. So while his encounter with Brittanee was apparently random, to me the rest of what happened that night shows some degree of planning. Personally, I believe the gf is involved, possibly through the entire sequence of events, but definitely beyond simply providing an alibi in 2011. Also, I see people online expressing some confusion about statements about her being buried on the 26th. I think this refers to the fact that it was after midnight by the time he had buried her, not that there was some long delay between the murder and her burial. As always, JMO.
I wonder if he was involved in that other girl Crystal and she is buried where Brittanee was?

I'd like to think we live in a civilized and just society, and that torture is not used as a punishment. But if that for some reason ever changes, I hope the two informants who came up with the stash house story are at the front of the line. The pain that must have inflicted on her family must have been unbearable.

I really believe most abductions go down this way. A quick act. I think of Jennifer Kesse and it was probably a similar scenario. Prayers go out to the families. Im glad they will get to properly put her to rest.

Moody doesn't have anything to lose now. Wonder if there are other victims, and if he'll cooperate?

Pondering how he buried BD in very dark rural place? Meaning very little light to find his way. Where did he get the vehicle? The owner of the property, where BD was unearthed, must be horrified.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back