GUILTY SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 *ARREST in 2022* #21

<modsnip: Not an established fact by MSM or LE> We may never know for sure but, considering the fact she had been walking about MB alone a great deal of the time, maybe she was miserable from all that walking and just couldn’t walk any further - especially in flip flops. And then when someone with a friendly face stopped and offered a ride she just thought ‘why not’ and hopped on the back of his motorcycle.

Last edited by a moderator:
After watching the video with Reporter Anne Emerson I can now edit my earlier post. It feels better knowing the law enforcement has a great case but still feels terrible knowing the world lost a great person.

I have a few thought as this whole thing still doesn't feel right to me. I still feel the Taylor's have something to do with this. The whole family has rap sheets that are a mile long which include trafficking drugs, obstruction of justice, robberies, attempted kidnaping with Randa in 2010, and many other things. <modsnip: Do not discuss random social media or race>
Just a few thoughts and questions that I am trying to figure out as I followed this case back in 2009 when it happened.

1 - What happened to Moody's eye??
As mentioned above - Mr. Richardson knows the reason but could not elaborate. And yes - Karma.

2 - Did they ever find Britt's DNA in Moody's apartment at Sunset Lodge?
they did not answer this but probably not since it sounds like they never went to his apartment

3 - If Moody acted alone - why would he drive right past his Sunset Lodge apartment, Route 17, Georgetown, keep driving to Pole Yard Way boat launch, rape her, choke her to death, and then head back north to the burial spot?
I learned that he acted with his girlfriend and it sounds as if she took the ride with consent. It sounds as though it became non-consensual when she ended up at the North Santee River with Moody and his girlfriend.

I feel the phone was ditched as the 4 men that abducted her (see group I am referring to below) drove over the bridge and threw the phone out the window into the North Santee River (where the phone pinged last) as they headed to McClellanville. If Moody was the sole person that kidnapped Britt - it would make more sense that he would have drove to the first remote location that he could find (which would be a lot closer than 1 hour plus), raped her, then drove to another spot to dispose of her. Again, why would he keep driving right past his apartment to the boat launch area which is almost an hour away. If he's looking for a girl to rape - I don't think he wants to drive an hour before he does it.

4 - There has been a picture shared that showed Brittanee walking down the street with 4 men behind her. It was said one of the people in the group was a Taylor. At this point, the FBI took over and stopped every person that was working on the case from working on it. I have also heard they had signed witness statements that they returned to McClellanville with Britt.

5 - It is also reported that Moody received a speeding ticket the next day of her abduction (04-26-09). How did he transport her south if it was him. I would almost be 99.9% Britt wouldn't just jump on some guy's Harley and go willingly. I will say Moody did look a lot younger in 2009 at 49 years old as he was clean shaved with no gray hair to show. He probably could have passed for 35 in the right lighting conditions. So maybe possibly it wouldn't scare Britt off if he pulled up next to her to offer a ride. If he had a vehicle, did they inspect/impound that for her DNA? I still feel the guys behind her in the video pushed her into a vehicle and they were headed south.
Sounds like he had the girlfriend's vehicle with his girlfriend in the car as well and they might possibly have this evidence but not saying anything as it could ruin their case.

6 - The burial spot is right up the road from Moody's apartment so I feel this location makes sense. I have also read there is a connection between the Taylor's and Moody which could support a theory the Taylor's started with her and Moody unfortunately finished with her :(
Sounds like it started with Moody and his girlfriend and the girlfriend most likely witnessed him killing her :(

7 - How does law enforcement know for fact that she was buried the next day being that they just recovered her remains a week ago - 13 years later?
As "schooling" pointed out, he probably confessed this and they also have 1000's of pages of cell phone records and other information. Plus, he was out cruising around on his Harley the next day in Surfside. .

I will also add that I definitely think Moody is fully capable of doing this by himself as he was convicted of raping almost 10 girls in California and served 21 years for those crimes. I just don't think he was the sole perp in Britt's case.
I was right about this as Moody has his girlfriend to help him lure Britt into the car willingly as Britt had to walk 1.5 miles to get to her friends hotel.

<modsnip: Not an established fact by MSM or LE> We may never know for sure but, considering the fact she had been walking about MB alone a great deal of the time, maybe she was miserable from all that walking and just couldn’t walk any further - especially in flip flops. And then when someone with a friendly face stopped and offered a ride she just thought ‘why not’ and hopped on the back of his motorcycle.
<modsnip: No link to support information stated as fact> He was with his girlfriend in I am guessing her vehicle. He looked like he could pass as a respectable guy back 13 years ago. "Looked" being the key word. And I am sure Britt put her guard down as the his girlfriend probably came across as friendly.

I think karma may have been thinking the same thing...

"I'm an eye for eye kind of guy," said Chad Drexel.

I agree with Chad. JMO

Trying to catch up too. Watching the video. Reading between the lines- Moody was a passenger in the girlfriend’s car. So there was another party involved.Then Richardson says he doesn’t foresee anyone else being charged in this case. Did I understand that correctly? How could she not be involved in some way.

Trying to catch up too. Watching the video. Reading between the lines- Moody was a passenger in the girlfriend’s car. So there was another party involved.Then Richardson says he doesn’t foresee anyone else being charged in this case. Did I understand that correctly? How could she not be involved in some way.

Maybe she is the reason they caught him.

I can only think they are trying to keep a lot from the public to give Moody a fair trial and not ruin their own case. Unfortunately, the defense team can and will use anything they can to win and set Moody free.

So he’s done this before.
Sadly, yes. I think it was something like 10 or so known rape victims out in California. Some that were as young as 8. Served 21 years and then moved back to his hometown of Georgetown. From what I understand, he had a wife and 3 kids in California.

The prison boyfriend said (not sure how accurate a prisoner's story can be) that Moody confessed that he could not hold back his urges anymore. And he said Moody said to him something like, "You know, pup, they probably just should not release a person after being in prison for so long."

I will never in a million years think she got in on her own accord , the way her texts stopped , she was grabbed!!!!
After watching the video with Mr Richardson, I think she did. The way I interpreted what he was hinting to is that she consensually got in the car for a ride and they took her further and no place that she wanted to go. At that point (I am guessing North Santee River boat launch) it became non-consensual. A struggle ensued and the cell phone got taken from her. :(

Just a note that LE "thinks" Brittanee got in the car willingly. That is not definitive.

At this time, please try to avoid stating it as an absolute, established fact when referencing it in posts. Otherwise it gets misconstrued downthread as "well, she got in the car willingly". We just don't know 100% at this point.

Thanks.

Can they prove she was involved?
Richardson is a bit vague but pretty much says of Moody was a passenger in the car BD got into.
He mentions video/street cameras.
The reporter asks something about “Angel” driving the car. Guessing that is the girlfriend’s name. Did she just drop Moody and Brittanee off at his apt and had no more involvement? There is no culpability there? I guess we will find out eventually.

Richardson sounds firm when he says the kidnapping did not occur in Myrtle Beach. He says the kidnapping occurred in Georgetown Co. I understand he has to be vague but he is firm. Plz correct me if wrong but I thought the charges don’t include any crime taking place in MB?

Richardson sounds firm when he says the kidnapping did not occur in Myrtle Beach. He says the kidnapping occurred in Georgetown Co. I understand he has to be vague but he is firm. Plz correct me if wrong but I thought the charges don’t include any crime taking place in MB?
I think this is more a reflection of which charges can be proven versus what actually happened. They may have evidence of Brittanee willingly entering the vehicle (there are rumors of a video showing just that). Without Moody (or the gf) telling them exactly what transpired in that car, they can’t say for certain when their ruse was discovered and Brittanee started to fight them. They are stating that they are certain she was “kidnapped” by the time they reached Georgetown County, which is a crime they can prove in court. IMO Brittanee knew she was in trouble as soon as they bypassed her hotel, so the kidnapping occurred in MB (Horry Co.) but it just can’t be proven that way.

I think this is more a reflection of which charges can be proven versus what actually happened. They may have evidence of Brittanee willingly entering the vehicle (there are rumors of a video showing just that). Without Moody (or the gf) telling them exactly what transpired in that car, they can’t say for certain when their ruse was discovered and Brittanee started to fight them. They are stating that they are certain she was “kidnapped” by the time they reached Georgetown County, which is a crime they can prove in court. IMO Brittanee knew she was in trouble as soon as they bypassed her hotel, so the kidnapping occurred in MB (Horry Co.) but it just can’t be proven that way.
At whatever point she was unable to use her phone, I'm sure she knew she was in trouble

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back