GUILTY SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 *ARREST in 2022* #21

At whatever point she was unable to use her phone, I'm sure she knew she was in trouble
I agree. It just can’t be proven when that occurred. Logically, if she had control of her phone she would’ve texted her bf as soon as she grew concerned, and that she was in a car and was being taken somewhere against her will. She never got that chance, so again, I think the kidnapping really occurred in MB, but they don’t want to give defense attorneys the opportunity to show a video or present an eyewitness who can testify to her entering the vehicle without coercion, thus weakening the case for kidnapping in MB. JMO.

I agree. It just can’t be proven when that occurred. Logically, if she had control of her phone she would’ve texted her bf as soon as she grew concerned, and that she was in a car and was being taken somewhere against her will. She never got that chance, so again, I think the kidnapping really occurred in MB, but they don’t want to give defense attorneys the opportunity to show a video or present an eyewitness who can testify to her entering the vehicle without coercion, thus weakening the case for kidnapping in MB. JMO.
Exactly

I heard there is a video taken by tourists that were in Myrtle Beach,showing Britt getting in the car.
I followed this extensively in the early weeks and months of this case, but while I have kept up with major developments through the years, I have certainly not read all 21 threads here, so I'm sorry if this has been discussed at length. If this video exists, allegedly showing Brittanee voluntarily getting into a car, at what point did LE get this video, and why was a public notice never put out to get help in locating it, especially if this happened in the early days?

i am very thankful for the ongoing work by all of the various LE departments that have finally allowed Brittanee's family to at least take her back home, so that she may be properly laid to rest, but I wonder if, now that we know the perp was on their radar at least a decade ago, were there things overlooked or not done earlier, that may have prevented this case from being solved many years ago. It seems that even now, it was an unexpected confession that brought this phase to an end. JMO

The Taylors were suspects years before Brown told his tale, so at some point early on other tips led investigators that direction. It wasn’t just one guy spinning a story. Brown certainly may have made up the horrific story we all remember (and if he told the FBI that story, and it’s all a lie, he should be prosecuted for it), but I think for the good of SC and anyone who followed this story, a thorough forensic analysis of the investigation is necessary. Brittanee’s family had to wait 13 years to get answers while LE went from the Taylors to Moody, back to the Taylors, and finally to the truth with Moody. There are a lot of questions that need to be answered about that process after justice is achieved here. JMO

Last edited:
We are interested to learn more about the Moody girlfriend referred to in the podcast as Angel & what transpired with Brittnee getting in the car with Moody & Angel etcetera.
Did Angel come forward when this happened? Have the police always had a statement from Angel & known of her existence & involvement?
The story never became she was seen getting in the car with two people. That’s never been made public. If they knew about it (& have Britnee on video getting in a car - any car) then why has that not been part of the narrative? Why did not we all know about it?
What kind of vehicle was it? Who was the vehicle registered to? Did Angel leave Britnee with Moody? If so, where? Why has this not been part of the narrative? (Is it because it did not fit with the Taylor story?) Something is amiss.
Solicitor has stated that no one else will be charged so apparently Angel has been cleared. Why?
At the time, Moody did own a large panel white work van & apparently a Harley Moyorcycle. Did Angel drop them somewhere & Moody was supposed to give Britnee a ride back?
Speculation so far has been that Britney got into the girlfriend Angel’s car with Angel & Moody. Tell us what do you think happened next?

Last edited:
I think this is more a reflection of which charges can be proven versus what actually happened. They may have evidence of Brittanee willingly entering the vehicle (there are rumors of a video showing just that). Without Moody (or the gf) telling them exactly what transpired in that car, they can’t say for certain when their ruse was discovered and Brittanee started to fight them. They are stating that they are certain she was “kidnapped” by the time they reached Georgetown County, which is a crime they can prove in court. IMO Brittanee knew she was in trouble as soon as they bypassed her hotel, so the kidnapping occurred in MB (Horry Co.) but it just can’t be proven that way.
Granted, I don't know the ins and out of what would legally be referred to as kidnapping but I'm just wondering if they are so adament that nothing happened in Horry County because as long as the car and Moody with Brittanee were within Horry County limits they couldn't legally prove it was a kidnapping because Brittanee (allegedly) got into Moody's car on her own accord. The friend said that Brittanee was on her way back to her hotel to return the borrowed black shorts but, since she (allegedly) got into the car willingly - it would be hard to prove that she hadn't asked Moody and/or the girlfriend to take her to a local Wings to get new shorts or to go get something to eat or drink.
But, once the car left Horry County and headed into Georgetown County then you could legally say that she was taken against her will into another county and we, unfortunatly, now know the rest. MOO.

Do I think its far-fetched that she would get into a car with one (or two) strangers and ask them to take her to local tourist trap shops or to get something to eat - yes. But, it may explain why they are adamently saying that everything happened in Georgetown County and not Horry.

Brittanee's case has really stuck with me because I have been going to Myrtle Beach nearly my entire life and have walked the same streets that she did and went to the same places and I, through luck, have had a much happier outcome with my life. I have fond memories of being a teen there and I hate that Brittanee was not afforded that same luxury.

I think LE was onto Moody as a POI earlier than the public was made aware. Possibly in the first few days.
LE was not obligated to tell the public if they had video of Brittanee getting into a car. They don’t always release all they know for many reasons. My guess would be they didn’t need help identifying the car. Maybe they tracked the car owner down pretty quick which led them to Moody. I bet we will find out he was questioned early on. Richardson said this all came together from a lot of different ways including an informant. I don’t know if he is referring to this girlfriend or not.

Just getting a chance to watch this. Who is Angel?? Okay, I see reading on here that Angel is Moody's girlfriend. I have so many questions, if she was with Raymond Moody that night and they picked Brittanee up, why are we just learning this?? Something is amiss here! To me this case should have been solved years ago if the fact that Angel was with him that night is true, which the Solicitor himself said.

Last edited:
Just getting a chance to watch this. Who is Angel?? Okay, I see reading on here that Angel is Moody's girlfriend. I have so many questions, if she was with Raymond Moody that night and they picked Brittanee up, why are we just learning this?? Something is amiss here! To me this case should have been solved years ago if the fact that Angel was with him that night is true, which the Solicitor himself said.
Exactly. Who is she & why are we just now hearing about Angel, the gf of Moody @ learning that they have (had) video of Brittanee getting into her car?
Did Moody confess to protect Angel?
Who is Angel?

Last edited:

in this video its saying that he confessed as in Moody but no reason why
Here's what the trip would've looked like that night on Google Maps.

1 - hotel that she was staying at or walking to
2 - this is his apartment at the time - Sunset Lodge. I don't think they stopped here but just a reference point that they would have literally drove by his apartment if in fact, they did make it as far as the boat launch.
3 - Pole Yard Way location that has been referenced throughout the case
4 - the spot shown at :08 in the video is the last spot I have on the trip which is the area that they recovered her body.

Granted, I don't know the ins and out of what would legally be referred to as kidnapping but I'm just wondering if they are so adament that nothing happened in Horry County because as long as the car and Moody with Brittanee were within Horry County limits they couldn't legally prove it was a kidnapping because Brittanee (allegedly) got into Moody's car on her own accord. The friend said that Brittanee was on her way back to her hotel to return the borrowed black shorts but, since she (allegedly) got into the car willingly - it would be hard to prove that she hadn't asked Moody and/or the girlfriend to take her to a local Wings to get new shorts or to go get something to eat or drink.
But, once the car left Horry County and headed into Georgetown County then you could legally say that she was taken against her will into another county and we, unfortunatly, now know the rest. MOO.

Do I think its far-fetched that she would get into a car with one (or two) strangers and ask them to take her to local tourist trap shops or to get something to eat - yes. But, it may explain why they are adamently saying that everything happened in Georgetown County and not Horry.

Brittanee's case has really stuck with me because I have been going to Myrtle Beach nearly my entire life and have walked the same streets that she did and went to the same places and I, through luck, have had a much happier outcome with my life. I have fond memories of being a teen there and I hate that Brittanee was not afforded that same luxury.
I don’t think that is out of the realm of
possibility at all. Having lived in a large college town at one time I have been witness to and been approached for rides and whatnot from young folks who for whatever reason became separated or even left behind by their friends. I suppose when they feel that alone they become willing to put their trust into strangers.

And in all the years of senior week & college spring breaks it seems that in too many groups there is always one who becomes outcast from the others. So they end up either calling mom & dad to come get them, or booking a flight home - or they just end up alone and left to their own devices. Happens every single year, more often than people like to think. Most of that latter part are fortunate enough to get to go home. Brittanee wasn’t that lucky. I’ve followed this for 13 years and still shudder to think what must have been going through her mind when that vehicle headed south and away from Myrtle Beach.

Here's what the trip would've looked like that night on Google Maps.

1 - hotel that she was staying at or walking to
2 - this is his apartment at the time - Sunset Lodge. I don't think they stopped here but just a reference point that they would have literally drove by his apartment if in fact, they did make it as far as the boat launch.
3 - Pole Yard Way location that has been referenced throughout the case
4 - the spot shown at :08 in the video is the last spot I have on the trip which is the area that they recovered her body.
Do we know who owns the property where she was buried?

Maybe she is the reason they caught him.

But no charges at all? Not even a lesser charge for turning him in?

Maybe the girlfriend is no longer alive

If* it is true that there was another individual in the vehicle with Moody that night, and based on the fact that he stated he does not foresee any further charges, I would posit that this other individual was forced or otherwise coerced. He/she may even be a victim themselves.

*I say if because the solicitor did not confirm this however I, too, can read between the lines.

MOO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washingtonsupersleuth
Back