SC - Catherine 'Cati' Blauvelt, 22, murdered, Simpsonville, 24 Oct 2016 *arrest*

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by los2188, Oct 26, 2016.

1. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

MAR 9, 2020
    Court records: Man arrested in stabbing death of Simpsonville woman pleads guilty to obstruction, search for husband ongoing
    [...]

Online records in the Greenville County Judicial Circuit Public Index show that Charles Sidney Scott Jr. Pleaded guilty on March 4 and was sentenced to time served.

[...]

A spokesman for the SC Attorney General's office confirmed the plea deal took place and that the "evidence does not support that he was involved in the murder, which is why the murder and weapons charges were dropped."

Police also named the victim’s husband, John Blauvelt as a suspect in the case after the killing, and a nationwide manhunt was launched.

Investigators have not yet located John Blauvelt.

2. Matic

Matic Well-Known Member

I live a few minutes outside of Simpsonville.
    I find it odd that in 4 years they are unable to find the husband.

3. worm

worm Well-Known Member

I’m not far from there and just learned of this today on ch21. They had a 4 year anniversary conference today at the community building near city hall and have a FB page called JusticeforCati. I don’t have FB but looked at it since it’s public. They think her husband has fled west. I’m going to catch up on this thread.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2020
    Matic and MagnoliaMountain like this.
  4. worm

worm Well-Known Member

I have to wonder at this point if the suspect hasn’t committed suicide. Isn’t it extremely hard these days to just disappear with the digital resources that we have? Unless he has went the way of Eric Rudolph, I just don’t see how someone could run this long. All my thinking of course with the knowledge that I could be way off here.

5. Matic

Matic Well-Known Member

Lack of any kind of coverage, let alone national coverage gives this guy an edge.
    I wouldn't know him from Adam if he sat down next to me on a bus.

6. worm

worm Well-Known Member

It would be nice if Dateline or the other True Crime shows took notice.