SC - Charleston Co., WhtFem Skeletal UP9998, 15-20, unknown origin, died pre-1992

Discussion in 'The Unidentified' started by CarlK90245, Mar 15, 2012.

1. CarlK90245

CarlK90245 UID Moderator Moderator

I noticed this case in NamUs today - there is very little info:

NamUs UP Case 9998
    https://identifyus.org/en/cases/9998

Unidentified White Female

Approx Age: 15-20

Date Found: Before 1992 in Charleston County SC - Nearly complete skeleton in good preservation.

Circumstances:
    This is a purged medical examiner case from South Carolina. The ME gave it to an anthropologist in 1992. Upon retirement, the anthropologist gave it to the county of origin, which was Chaleston County. We do not have any law enforcement or autopsy information or the anthropological report, so we therefore do not know when the ME originally got the case, date or year of death, or the original condition to estimate postmortem interval.

Dental Info: Fillings in two upper molars (#3 and #14), and one lower left molar (#19).

[​IMG]

2. Loading...

3. CarlK90245

4. CarlK90245

If they have a near complete skeleton, they should be able to give us an approximate height. Kristina was taller than average (5'8").

5. CarlK90245

While reading through Kristina Porco's Charley narrative, I saw the discussion about Christopher J. Below, suspected in Kristina's disappearance.

[​IMG]

As I started going through other MP's from Georgia, South Carolina, and North Carolina, I came up with the case of Angela Hamby of Wilkesboro NC.

[​IMG]
    http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/hamby_angela.html

As I read through the narrative for her case, I saw the composite drawing of the suspect in Angie's case and realized that he looks amazingly like Christopher Below.

[​IMG][​IMG]

I called Capt. Tommy Rhodes of the Wilkesboro PD to see if he had ever considered Christopher Below as a suspect. To his recollection, he had not, and he said that he would look into it.

After hanging up, it occurred to me that maybe he should check this UID case against Angela Hamby, so I called him again. This time, I got his voicemail. So I left a message suggesting that he compare the two cases.

So I am noting here that Angela Hamby has been submitted as a possible for this UID case.

6. amandab

amandab New Member

Wow CarlK - what a resemblance between Below and the sketch!

7. Irish_Eyes

Irish_Eyes New Member

He was convicted of the murder of Kathern Fetzer in Medina County Ohio. Here is her Charley Page with his same photo at the bottom:

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/f/fetzer_kathern.html

Here is his page from the Ohio Inmate Search with a clearer photograph, though he obviously looks a little different.

http://www.drc.ohio.gov/offendersearch/search.aspx

I wish I could pull the pic over but my laptop is half busted. Sorry.

Looks like he had a parole hearing in Feb, but since he is still incarcerated, I'm guessing he was rejected.

He is listed as being born in 1965. That would have made him maybe 16 or 17 when Angela disappeared? I guess it's not impossible. In fact, perhaps a teenager who asked for a ride or something would seem less threatening.

8. Donjeta

Donjeta Adji Desir, missing from Florida

9. Fin

Fin New Member

Great work here folks!

10. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g New Member

Freaked me out when you said Medina County Ohio - that's where I live. Also, not a lot of murders here.

11. Irish_Eyes

Irish_Eyes New Member

No kidding! I'm in Cuyahoga - freaked me out to read it too.

12. rats

rats Where is Justice for the Jane and John Does?

There's only one rule out on this case:

Eva Debruhl 1962 South Carolina

It's so sad that they lost the case files for this poor girl :(

13. AnnieOakley

AnnieOakley Active Member

What about Tebble Garrett?
    http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/g/garrett_tebble.html

It's about 3.5 hrs from where Tebble was last seen to the county where this skeleton was located, however, most of that trip is highway. She is listed as a (frequent) runaway, so it's possible she went out to the coast intentionally before she actually disappeared without her family knowing about it.