GUILTY SC - Chase McCowie, 19 mos, dies at day care, Fort Mill, 23 March 2010

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by Riddinx, Apr 28, 2010.

1. Riddinx

Riddinx Former Member

Death of toddler leads to arrest of babysitter
    Posted: Apr 28, 2010 9:41 PM
    Updated: Apr 28, 2010 9:49 PM

[​IMG]

http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=12392383

2. Loading...

3. PMLsmom

PMLsmom Active Member

Okay, how does an almost 2-yr. old "accidently" choke himself on the straps of a car seat, in a 30-min. time frame??? I am sitting here trying to visualize, and NOTHING is remotely coming to me in the form of an "accident."

Fly with the angels Chase...

4. mikeysmommom

mikeysmommom "A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you

She should be charged with at the very least Manslaughter! She left a 19 month old alone for 30 minutes in a car seat in the house.She had no business leaving a toddler alone like that.If she would have put him in a crib or playpen he wouldn't be dead.When mine were little I was afraid to go to the bathroom for a minute.This was no accident, if she has 3 of her own she knew better.I know if that baby was mine, no way in hello would I tolerate this injustice.She had 3 of her own she knew better.I think we all should send letters to the DA.

http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=12392383
    The family says Capobianco left Chase in a room by himself and she was on a different floor of the house when he died. Lieutenant Mike Baker says investigators believe the child was left alone for about 30 minutes.

Investigators say this does not prove negligence.

Those Investigators need retraining or maybe they need new investigators.I feel for the people who live in this area,esp the parents of Chase.I just do not understand how this could be considered an accident and not negligence.

5. LadyL

LadyL Well-Known Member

I'd like more details, such as did the family know it was her practice to leave the child in a carseat for a nap and did they know she had five other kids there etc.

Obviously they knew (or should've known) she was unlicensed.

HOWEVER, like PMLsmom, I'm having difficulty imagining how this could've happened the way it's been reported. Wouldn't a child just push themselves up & away from the restraint? Or did he panic and get twisted and fall over or something? How awful. RIP Chase. )-;

6. Salem

Salem Former Member

7. OkieGranny

OkieGranny New Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators