SC - Christine Parcell 41, fatally stabbed by concert pianist, Greenville, 13 Oct 2021 *Arrest*

Maybe we're not reading the same things:

Judge denies bond for Juilliard-trained pianist who claims to be innocent in murder case

As far as I know, a Not Guilty plea at this point is very, very common. Yes, the headline uses the term Innocent, which indeed differs from Not Guilty.

jmho ymmv lrr
Agree, and it's not the same as innocent until proven guilty either!
..."Zack remains innocent until proven guilty, and is not guilty of the crimes with which the State has charged him,” Moyer and Moorman said in an emailed statement...
Bail Denied for Pianist Charged in Murder of Greer SC Woman

Agree, and it's not the same as innocent until proven guilty either!
..."Zack remains innocent until proven guilty, and is not guilty of the crimes with which the State has charged him,” Moyer and Moorman said in an emailed statement...
Bail Denied for Pianist Charged in Murder of Greer SC Woman

@Laughing is right that not guilty pleas are pretty common at this stage but so is a defense lawyer screaming “innocent” since I’m sure the lawyer is hoping to reach potential jurors.

@Laughing is right that not guilty pleas are pretty common at this stage but so is a defense lawyer screaming “innocent” since I’m sure the lawyer is hoping to reach potential jurors.
Sure, that's what I would expect, but the defence lawyers are not screaming "innocent", they're screaming "innocent until proven guilty", which kind of shows a lack of confidence, IMO.

Sure, that's what I would expect, but the defence lawyers are not screaming "innocent", they're screaming "innocent until proven guilty", which kind of shows a lack of confidence, IMO.

I thought it was a bit “showy”…for lack of a better word…for his lawyers to release their pompously worded statement to the local media like they did. It came across as “ look, look over here at all our fancy words….please do not look at all that evidence the police say they have against my client”. Then they strut into court and have bond quickly denied. Ouch.
I agree it showed a lack of confidence, almost bordering on a lack of maturity.

This article states that cocaine was found at the scene of the crime in the same room as the body (living room). I wonder to whom the cocaine belonged and how it might tie into everything. Did it belong to ZH? Was he indeed encouraged by Melo to "harass" CP and then in a cocaine-induced psychosis, killed CP? I'd like to know if ZH had a history of drug abuse/cocaine use.

I hadn't heard this before, either, per defense attorney: “At the time police obtained arrest warrants for Zack, he had been hired to perform for an international cruise line. Zack was informed that warrants were pending while he was in Detroit, Michigan waiting to board a flight for Europe the next day, a planned trip to prepare for his new job. From his location, he could literally see the American/Canadian border. He literally could have walked into Canada, or he could have boarded his plane the next day and left for Europe.”

ZH turned himself in on Nov 3; the murder was just 3 weeks prior. Interesting that he had a job lined up in Europe so soon after the homicide. Was his plan all along to kill CP and then leave the country? If so, why did he suddenly decide to turn himself in?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-05-24 at 11.03.21 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-05-24 at 11.03.21 PM.png
    170.2 KB · Views: 3
In the article, the long narrative by the defense on how odd they thought Post was acting that day seemed pretty lame. They apparently think this proves his guilt as opposed to Hughes‘ face being on the door Ring video that morning and his DNA under her finger nails.
As far as the cocaine, I wouldn’t be surprised if any of the principles in this case used cocaine.

This is a video of the hearing held when Zachary Hughes’ attorneys were trying to get him out on bond. A lot of interesting information concerning the evidence against him from the solicitor in the first ten minutes or so.
Definitely worth a listen I think.

So is the solicitor trying to compel Hughes or Apple to give them his passcode to his iPhone?
I’ve never really understood why people aren’t required to furnish that in these circumstances. I guess it has to do with not incriminating themselves.

So on the day of the murder, the victim's ex-husband Mello texted Hughes, "How did the music research go?" and Hughes replied "Good. I'll tell you about it over the phone." Hm, it seems pretty obvious that "music research" is a euphemism for "murder." The next question is, will the killers get lighter sentences if their defense team can prove that the victim was actually part of a child *advertiser censored* ring with her fiancee and that Mello's daughter was being abused and in danger?

So on the day of the murder, the victim's ex-husband Mello texted Hughes, "How did the music research go?" and Hughes replied "Good. I'll tell you about it over the phone." Hm, it seems pretty obvious that "music research" is a euphemism for "murder." The next question is, will the killers get lighter sentences if their defense team can prove that the victim was actually part of a child *advertiser censored* ring with her fiancee and that Mello's daughter was being abused and in danger?

If this is how it all played out, Hughes must not be talking or Mello should be in jail for conspiracy to commit murder. I guess that’s why LE needs that iPhone open.

This is a downside but I’m glad the phones are capable of locking.

I think it’s weird the judge compelled him to give LE his password and if he doesn’t he will be held in contempt. Well, he’s already in jail, I can’t see that bothering him too much. I feel sure he won’t be giving them that code.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghost246
Back