SC - Christine Parcell 41, fatally stabbed by concert pianist, Greenville, 13 Oct 2021 *Arrest*

Skigirl

Verified expert in neuroscience & psychology
Reaction score
653trvW.jpg

Vet Tech Is 'Brutally Stabbed' to Death in Her S.C. Home, Suspect Is Juilliard-Trained Concert Pianist

"A Juilliard-trained concert pianist who has performed all over the world faces murder charges after being accused of stabbing a vet tech to death in her South Carolina home last month, say police.

On Wednesday, Zachary David Hughes, 29, of Greenville, was arrested in connection with the October slaying of Christina Larain Parcell, 41, of Greer, Greenville County Sheriff Hobart Lewis announced at a press conference Thursday...

On Oct. 13, shortly after 11 a.m., deputies were dispatched to 122 Canebrake Drive in Greer after a woman, since identified as Parcell, was found deceased inside the home by someone familiar with her, Lewis said.

Parcell had been "brutally stabbed multiple times," he said, adding that she leaves behind a young daughter."

Deputies: Juilliard pianist charged in Greer murder case

8gDLiDZ.jpg

GREER: Co-workers remember woman found dead in her home

Woman found dead in Canebrake home was engaged to man recently arrested, records show

T1IIyYf.jpg

653trvW

Attachments

• 2 - zRGI12w.png
    2 - zRGI12w.png
    358.9 KB · Views: 66
  • 1 - 653trvW.jpg
    1 - 653trvW.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 61
  • 3 - CedSsbk.jpg
    3 - CedSsbk.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 67
  • 5 - T1IIyYf.jpg
    5 - T1IIyYf.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 76
  • 4 - 8gDLiDZ.jpg
    4 - 8gDLiDZ.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
653trvW.jpg

Vet Tech Is 'Brutally Stabbed' to Death in Her S.C. Home, Suspect Is Juilliard-Trained Concert Pianist

"A Juilliard-trained concert pianist who has performed all over the world faces murder charges after being accused of stabbing a vet tech to death in her South Carolina home last month, say police.

On Wednesday, Zachary David Hughes, 29, of Greenville, was arrested in connection with the October slaying of Christina Larain Parcell, 41, of Greer, Greenville County Sheriff Hobart Lewis announced at a press conference Thursday...

On Oct. 13, shortly after 11 a.m., deputies were dispatched to 122 Canebrake Drive in Greer after a woman, since identified as Parcell, was found deceased inside the home by someone familiar with her, Lewis said.

Parcell had been "brutally stabbed multiple times," he said, adding that she leaves behind a young daughter."

Deputies: Juilliard pianist charged in Greer murder case

8gDLiDZ.jpg

GREER: Co-workers remember woman found dead in her home

Woman found dead in Canebrake home was engaged to man recently arrested, records show

T1IIyYf.jpg

653trvW

"Parcell was engaged to Bradly Post. Post was arrested for having child *advertiser censored*, according to the Greenville County Sheriff's Office."

The older man pictured is Post.

IMO interesting. I wonder what the back story is about Post

"Parcell was engaged to Bradly Post. Post was arrested for having child *advertiser censored*, according to the Greenville County Sheriff's Office."

The older man pictured is Post.

IMO interesting. I wonder what the back story is about Post
I agree... there seems to be some very solid evidence re: Zachary Hughes, but as far as I can tell, there is no information available about how they came to cross paths.

Of note, the father of her child is also in legal trouble for taking a child out of the country, but I think it's a different child, not hers.

I’ve been following this on local news. I’ll be interested to know more about this suspect and how this happened.
I was suprised not to have heard a peep about it until yesterday -- I'm only one state away and the case is so weird. Has it been on the news a lot where you are? Was there any speculation involving anyone else before this piano player popped into the story?

I was suprised not to have heard a peep about it until yesterday -- I'm only one state away and the case is so weird. Has it been on the news a lot where you are? Was there any speculation involving anyone else before this piano player popped into the story?

I’m in the same general area and it was reported several times on foxcarolina and wspa. The arrest headline caught my interest because I’m a piano hack (nowhere close to the suspects level) and it was a surprise and I used to work near Greer.

Thanks for starting this thread. I have connections in the Upstate and am up that way often.
This has been a very odd case from the beginning especially with the storylines that have grown off of it.
The arrest of the pianist just adds to the strangeness.

Thanks for starting this thread. I have connections in the Upstate and am up that way often.
This has been a very odd case from the beginning especially with the storylines that have grown off of it.
The arrest of the pianist just adds to the strangeness.
Happy to have started it.

I've been on Websleuths as a member since about '09 and before that for many years as a lurker. This is the first time I've ever started a thread. I was really surprised that there wasn't already one for this case!

(it turns out that starting a thread is easy, but doing it well is not).

I'm confused. The news story mentioned that her fiance was arrested for CP. That wasn't related to this case? Did they pull his phone records and find CP (Missy Bevers case comes to mind.) Interesting that cameras placed the suspect at the scene. I wonder if CP had a security camera? So often cameras "nearby" are not high quality enough to get a license plate or identify a stranger. Perhaps the suspect is known to those who know CP.

Quite impressive.

I thought it was interesting that in the bio part of his webpage he hints at joining the Marines and being selected for Officers Candidate School but has to quit because of stress fractures.
His never really stating he joined the Marines seemed weird to me and immediately after basic training being sent off to be an officer. Is that how it works? You don’t have spend any time being a regular Marine?
Also, seems like basic training would be when you develop stress fractures, not at OCS.
Just weird to me but maybe it’s not.

Happy to have started it.

I've been on Websleuths as a member since about '09 and before that for many years as a lurker. This is the first time I've ever started a thread. I was really surprised that there wasn't already one for this case!

(it turns out that starting a thread is easy, but doing it well is not).

I looked thru for a thread when this first happened but having started several threads, I didn’t with this and I’m glad to see it here.

I'm confused. The news story mentioned that her fiance was arrested for CP. That wasn't related to this case? Did they pull his phone records and find CP (Missy Bevers case comes to mind.) Interesting that cameras placed the suspect at the scene. I wonder if CP had a security camera? So often cameras "nearby" are not high quality enough to get a license plate or identify a stranger. Perhaps the suspect is known to those who know CP.

Her fiancé was arrested for child *advertiser censored*, not her murder. LE says they are unsure at this time whether all that is connected.
Also, at the press conference announcing Hughes arrest, LE said neighbors security cameras helped them establish a timeline but did not help LE identify the suspect. Evidence at the scene led them to Hughes.

I thought it was interesting that in the bio part of his webpage he hints at joining the Marines and being selected for Officers Candidate School but has to quit because of stress fractures.
His never really stating he joined the Marines seemed weird to me and immediately after basic training being sent off to be an officer. Is that how it works? You don’t have spend any time being a regular Marine?
Also, seems like basic training would be when you develop stress fractures, not at OCS.
Just weird to me but maybe it’s not.

I thought that Officer selection was based on higher education level. I’m not sure how exactly it’s done.

Just my guess but I figured the *advertiser censored* stuff comes to light because they investigated the fiancé in relation to the murder and found the CP while searching his devices. Hughes remains a mystery as far as I know.

This case is just very weird. It seems like all of the men in her orbit have been arrested. The father of her child has been arrested for child custody violations, and they had also been in family court for a domestic violence incident in 2017.
Greer homicide victim had connections to two arrested on unrelated charges

Is it possible that there's a connection between her ex (Mello) and the killer (Hughes)?

Mello looks a lot like her fiance (or is it just me, because they're both older white men?)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-11-07 at 11.16.13 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-11-07 at 11.16.13 AM.png
    895.5 KB · Views: 40
Just my guess but I figured the *advertiser censored* stuff comes to light because they investigated the fiancé in relation to the murder and found the CP while searching his devices. Hughes remains a mystery as far as I know.
That would make sense.

Thank you, Starry, for posting the news conference. The police chief (I guess? He didn't introduce himself) said that the suspect IS the murderer with such conviction. Imo, that means they have 100% confirmed it with DNA as well as the neighborhood cameras.

I wonder about this guy's criminal history. And not just what he's been charged with.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire
Back