SC SC - Cody Alan Knight, 32, left after an argument, Clinton, Laurens County, 8 Dec 2018

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by cybervampira, Feb 13, 2019.

1. cybervampira

cybervampira Well-Known Member

City of Clinton, SC

Cody Knight

A Clinton woman is asking for help in locating her missing adult son. Mary “Tootsie” Knight of Neighborhood Drive said that her son, 32-year-old Cody Alan Knight, had been living at home since around Thanksgiving. A police report notes that on Saturday, December 8th, following an argument with his brother, he left the house walking. She notified Clinton Police of her son being missing December 12th. They’ve notified other authorities about the disappearance. Today, Ms. Knight told WLBG she has still not heard from her son. Police advise WLBG that at present, there is no indication of foul play. If anyone has information as to the whereabouts of Cody Alan Knight, they are requested to call Clinton Police at 864-833-7512.

upload_2019-2-13_23-40-48.jpeg

ONLY ON FOX: Family of a man missing since December seeks answers

2. StarEyes

StarEyes Well-Known Member

You’d think he’d have at least called, texted or emailed around Christmas or New Year. It says foul play isn’t indicated. I wonder if he’s gone dark on his immediate family before, then? Like, maybe a pattern? Enough that they’re worried, but not thinking the worst? I don’t understand what else the ‘no indication of foul play’ would mean. If my close family was out of contact this long, I’d think foul play could be a factor. jmo

3. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

Based on his mother's interview (second link above), it doesn't sound a pattern. She says, "It's just not like my son to take off like this."

Also from the video, they also searched a wooded area near Elizabeth Street, the area someone last saw him. It is thick terrain with creeks and streams.

MOO

ETA: Elizabeth Street is about a one minute walk - the next street to the east - from Neighborhood Drive. Google Maps

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
  4. GraceG

GraceG Well-Known Member

Missing may not be a pattern but according to SC court records MULTIPLE counts of assault, kidnapping, domestic violence, illegal weapons possession, assault of a correctional employee and robbery ARE a pattern with this young man (www.searchquarry.com)

5. PommyMommy

If true, that certainly increases the possibilities surrounding his disappearance. However, I don't see a 32-year-old Cody Knight at your link (I didn't pay for the full report). Are you able to link directly to the court site(s) that show those charges?
    MOO

6. cybervampira

I found this:

Clinton man faces domestic violence, kidnapping charges

A Clinton man is facing charges in connection with a July assault where a woman said she was hit repeatedly with a stick.

Cody Alan Knight, 30, of 100 Neighborhood Drive, Clinton was arrested Sunday and charged with high and aggravated domestic violence and kidnapping.

[...]

upload_2019-2-14_4-37-57.jpeg

7. cybervampira

StarEyes, PommyMommy and doodles1211 like this.
  8. doodles1211

doodles1211 Well-Known Member

So, it sounds like Cody may have an anger problem possibly coupled with something psychological. It is possible he decided to check out or was taken out due to these issues??? Met his match during a fit of anger?

9. PommyMommy

Ugh, that poor woman! Thanks for finding this. If I get some time, I'll do some digging for court records.
    MOO

10. doodles1211

upload_2019-2-13_21-25-19.png
    upload_2019-2-13_21-26-2.png
    Below are all traffic:

upload_2019-2-13_21-31-24.png

Criminal
    upload_2019-2-13_21-35-11.png
    SC Judicial Department

I only searched the counties surrounding Laurens County (his home county). Didn't find anything w/kidnapping charges.

11. PommyMommy

StarEyes and doodles1211 like this.
  12. SouthernMom

SouthernMom Well-Known Member

The headline for this thread has a mistake. Clinton, SC is in Laurens County. I don’t recall a Sampson County in my S.C. history classes lol.

13. doodles1211

I alerted mods... We forgive @cybervampira... Germany is a long way from SC!;)

14. cybervampira

And even in Germany, I‘m not a Southerner :D

15. GraceG

GraceG Well-Known Member

I have a paid subscription but use that only to the county or superior court of record and then go look it up there. Takes longer but is line with the websleuth rules. I'll link the direct court location next time.

StarEyes, PommyMommy and cybervampira like this.
  16. PommyMommy

Aha. I suspected drug use when I saw that mugshot in @cybervampira's post (#6) above. His face has that sunken-in look but is much fuller in his recent photo. It's possible that the argument with his brother triggered a relapse. ?

Article dated January 30, 2019:
    Clinton resident searching for missing son
    Mary “Tootsie” Knight said her Christmas Tree is still up, waiting for the return of Knight’s son, Cody.

[...]

“I wasn’t here when he left,” she said. “He just walked off, and I’m assuming he was fine. It’s very odd. He’s never done this.”

She said Cody Knight usually calls, even if he was just away overnight, but not this time.

According to the report filed by the Clinton Police Department, Cody Knight left on foot and was not carrying a cellphone.

[...]

Cody Knight had returned to Clinton following a prison sentence around Thanksgiving. He has a history of drug abuse, according to the police report, but his mother said she doesn’t believe he was using drugs when he left home.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
  17. StarEyes

StarEyes Well-Known Member

Oh, my. Although relapse wouldn’t be good, it WOULD be good if he’s still alive somewhere kinda underground/on the DL. Maybe he doesn’t want to face his family after slipping.

I didn’t realize he just got out of prison. I’ve had a few friends do some hard time. That’s when I learned how difficult it is to reintegrate back into a “normal” life. No money, harder to get a job, etc. Both my friends were overwhelmed and depressed when they got out. What if Cody was struggling with his freedom? What if he didn’t feel like his life would ever be “normal” again? I’m really worried. I hope he calls/comes home really soon.
    *My entire post is JMO.

GarAndTeed and PommyMommy like this.
  18. PommyMommy

Yeah, best case scenario would be that he's holed up somewhere except he's been gone two months. That's a long time. It's possible he could be couch hopping but his mother said he's never done this before. I know, I know, there's a first time for everything...ugh. I just hope he didn't OD because that mugshot looks to me like he was doing hard drugs. MOO

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
    doodles1211, GarAndTeed and StarEyes like this.
  19. SouthernMom

SouthernMom Well-Known Member

I found a town called Clinton in Sampson County, North Carolina. It’s an easy mistake to make.
    Off topic, North & South Carolina were originally one big colony called Carolina.

PommyMommy, StarEyes and cybervampira like this.
  20. cybervampira

Haaaa! I’m relieved Sampson County exists! :D And it is close and nowhere near Alaska! Thank you! :p