GUILTY SC - Conway, 'Baby Boy Horry', found dead, Dec'08 - Name withheld, *Jennifer Sahr arrested in 2020*

You are absolutely right! Hospitals have video cameras all over, and even a teenager knows they are going to show the video all over the news trying to locate her afterwards and get information. Many girls will not risk that.

Right outside isn't good enough by most of these laws. There was a baby found outside a fire station last year (there is a thread somewhere) and a fireman found him/her. They were searching for the mother to prosecute her b/c she hadn't made sure the baby was in the physical custody of someone. And, IIRC, the fire station wasn't a safe haven location in that state. So even though she tried to do the right thing and the baby was fine, they were going to charge her if they could figure out who she was.

I don't understand why some of the exact same politicians who want young teens to be able to get an abortion without parental consent b/c no one knows the home situation are so against expanding the safe haven laws. The same rotten home life that might make a girl want an abortion would also make her terrified to risk being caught with a living baby. Safe haven laws will save lives if LE and prosecutors would honor the spirit of those laws!

I'm certainly not excusing the person who threw this baby by the side of the road like garbage. That's unforgivable. But I do understand why the safe haven laws aren't being utilized as much as we had all hoped by these desperate mothers.

Great post. I tend to agree, somehow we need to figure out a way to really make this easy and discreet for moms. Heck I had to call poison control this weekend and I was amazed at the information they wanted from me. I am convinced I am on some "list" now because I called concerned about my daughter drinking water from her fish bowl! Fear of being judged is scary.

Right outside isn't good enough by most of these laws. There was a baby found outside a fire station last year (there is a thread somewhere) and a fireman found him/her. They were searching for the mother to prosecute her b/c she hadn't made sure the baby was in the physical custody of someone. And, IIRC, the fire station wasn't a safe haven location in that state. So even though she tried to do the right thing and the baby was fine, they were going to charge her if they could figure out who she was.

If this is the case that was by me - Plymouth Meeting,PA. They did find the girl and did not prosecute. Since firehouses in this area are mostly volunteer they are not regularly staffed and therefore not part of the Safe Haven law. Besides this baby being given to a loving home - something else good came out of this - there was A LOT of publicity in this area about Safe Haven. I couldn't believe how many people had never heard of the law.

Great post. I tend to agree, somehow we need to figure out a way to really make this easy and discreet for moms. Heck I had to call poison control this weekend and I was amazed at the information they wanted from me. I am convinced I am on some "list" now because I called concerned about my daughter drinking water from her fish bowl! Fear of being judged is scary.

(my bolding above)
(OT I know) I'm sorry but LOL. I hope she is ok. How old is your daughter? How much did she drink? I have 2 fish tanks and I have been told that if fish can live in it, it won't hurt people. Might cause a little stomach upset.

I am being so nosy, I know, I just thought it was a cute story, and I bet you did freak out. I know it wasn't funny to you.

Police hope Baby Boy Horry anniversary brings big break

Posted: Nov 29, 2010 6:41 PM CST
Updated: Nov 29, 2010 7:31 PM CST

CONWAY, SC (WMBF) - Nearly two years after the discovery of a box containing the body of a newborn baby in Conway, Horry County Police say they have yet to identify the parents of the young child.

The child, who was later named Baby Boy Horry, was found on Dec. 4, 2008 by two utility workers in a wooded area off of Meadowland Drive. The discovery rattled both the surrounding community and investigators.

"The pathologist and autopsy told us this child was very viable," Horry County Coroner Robert Edge said. "If it would have had a little bit of medical attention that a newborn needs when it was delivered, this child would most likely be with us today."

more here

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/13584526/police-hope-baby-boy-horry-anniversary-brings-big-break

http://www2.scnow.com/news/2010/dec...ts-baby-boy-horry-memorial-conway-ar-1161907/

Thursday a memorial took place at the baby's grave site in Hillcrest cemetery in Conway. A dozen people turned out for the ceremony as they stood bowing and holding their hands in prayer. Several participants like Katherine Borchers couldn't hold back their tears as Reverend Wayne Brown recited a few Bible passages. "It's just so devastating they could've left the baby at the hospital or even at my door step I mean to do something tragic like that is horrifying,” said Borchers.

"This little precious baby had been robbed of the privilege of being part of a family and a family had been robbed of having him in their lives,” said Rev. Brown, “And I think that the community is just coming together to remember his memory that really we don't want this to happen to people, that people have an access or an outlet that others can help them."

Someone just threw this little baby boy in a ditch? This is so sad.This really bothers me. I hope and pray DNA will help Identify this little one.

I have known of two women personally who were barely showing at full term. One was slender and the other a coworker, who was average size. It would have been quite easy for either of them to have worn loose clothing and no one would have ever noticed. Especially so with winter clothing in cooler months.

I have known of two women personally who were barely showing at full term. One was slender and the other a coworker, who was average size. It would have been quite easy for either of them to have worn loose clothing and no one would have ever noticed. Especially so with winter clothing in cooler months.

I had one in my class in college too who didn't show. She herself found out she was having a baby about 2 weeks before she was born. The girl who was pregnant was average built, perhaps a little on the heavy side but she was far from huge and I myself was much heavier than her when I became pregnant and trust me no one missed that I was pregnant. It has to do with how the uterus is positioned inside more than weight.

I had one in my class in college too who didn't show. She herself found out she was having a baby about 2 weeks before she was born. The girl who was pregnant was average built, perhaps a little on the heavy side but she was far from huge and I myself was much heavier than her when I became pregnant and trust me no one missed that I was pregnant. It has to do with how the uterus is positioned inside more than weight.

I think that's it too. My coworker came by the store, she was a cashier at my Walmart, she filled out her leave papers for maternity leave, left the store, headed to the hospital and had her baby. A couple hours after she left the store, we were ordering flowers for her! We didnt even know she was expecting!

My DD is average size. She expected in about three weeks. She doesn't look that far along. She looks pregnant, but not like shes in her ninth month. Maybe about seventh. She's been like this the entire time. But she's complaining about how miserable she is, can't breathe, lots bladder pressure. We all think its the uterus position being more inward and so much more pressure on her organs than if she were popped out.

I kind of wonder of this poor child is the product of a Jaycee Lee Dugard-like case. The mother is kidnapped and held captive, has the child(the kidnapper's), and the kidnappers discard the child. It's really such a sad case. :(

It's tragic that this baby hasn't been identified. RIP sweet angel.
:angel:

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/article_ee521888-bb20-11e6-a13f-5bd477f7bec9.html

“There are people who are childless who would love to have these children,” he said. “Let’s educate the community these kind of things don’t have to happen. I hope this will be a reminder of the sanctity of life. We can spread the word these things do not have to happen.”
Monday’s memorial service was sponsored by the Horry County Coroner’s Office and Rolling Thunder Chapter 3 of Myrtle Beach.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back