Found Deceased SC - Dale Hunter, 76, Greenville Co., 5 Apr 2018

Since there is no longer an active search by LE, I thought I would post the group the family has set up for Dale Hunter. This is likely the only place there will by any info unless LE gets a credible tip or sighting. Mods, if this is not allowed, please remove.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/missingdale/permalink/369940320154435/

This gentleman and his family continue to be heavily on my mind.

I just don't understand why a person with severe dementia would be left home alone. I saw on the news that his neighbors said he has wandered off several times before.

I just don't understand why a person with severe dementia would be left home alone. I saw on the news that his neighbors said he has wandered off several times before.
I was thinking the same thing. Where was the family?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

His family put his info on a huge billboard about him being missing.

So sad for his family. RIP Mr. Hunter :crying:

Interesting article about the man who found Dale Hunter :

A personal experience motivates him
McDaniel, a Navy veteran, sells medical equipment online for a living but has developed a keen interest in missing-person and unidentified-person cases.

Years ago, a relative of his was missing for a month before being found.

The ordeal had a profound impact on him.

"It was traumatic," he said.

https://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/news/local/greenville/2018/04/20/navy-veteran-finds-dale-hunter-greenville-sc/535835002/

What a great guy. He should be a Websleuth, don’t you think?

I spent the last two weeks thinking of Dale’s family every morning when I’d wake up, feeling the terrible, uncertain loss. My own dad died four years ago at 95, with significant dementia. Had he been twenty years younger and stronger, he could easily have done exactly the same as Dale. Daddy died at home, just 24 hours after leaving a nursing home. I’m pretty sure he held off until he was back at home.

Not knowing how things went for Dale, I’d like to think his spot under the mountain laurel felt like coming home to him. I have a feeling that, offered the choice and the chance, my dad would have gladly picked the same over his months in the nursing home, the pointless rehab, the isolation from the natural world that had been his joy and fueled his purpose for his entire life.

Godspeed, Mr. Hunter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am the person who found Dale Hunter AND I am a websleuth! Sorry for not posting info on this case earlier. I was completely convinced from day 1 that he was in the woods still. I used a search method I found online. When I have a chance I will post how I deduced where to look. There is a method to my madness.

My baby is the Sumter Mystery Couple though. Most of my commenting on websleuths is on this case. I think I am about to solve it as well. Stay tuned!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back