SC SC - Deidre Reid, 41, driving to Charlotte NC to drop off a man, Pageland, 3 Sep 2021 *Arrest*

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by GuyfromCanada, Sep 6, 2021.

1. Andreee

Andreee Well-Known Member

CAR was last seen at the greyhound station???? Where the heck was DR then??!!

2. Gobstopper

Gobstopper Well-Known Member

Maybe something happened to her on the way there. I'd like to know how he arrived in GA. Did he drive her car home to GA? MOO

3. Andreee

Kind of reminds me of the Gabby situation, where the bf drives the vehicle on without her! Hopefully THIS case will get at least a bit of the attention that hers did, sheesh!

gdeyefaith, Alcina, rkendmar and 4 others like this.
  4. Bit of hope

Bit of hope Have a nice day!

I posted before that I still don't understand what is going on in this cases. New info, like the youtube doesn't make it clearer, does it? Maybe she dropped of the father of her son and that was seen. It's not saying she was seen in the car or I might have missed that. Maybe the car was hijacked after that, or she drove off to ? and had some kind of accident? She had planned to meet one of her sisters in Charlotte and didn't show up. (what time, where?) Not only he lives in Georgia, she lived there too once (with him I guess). The refunded bus ticket is a deviant in the story, so he didn't took the bus to Atlanta? Did he take the car? Where is Deidre? What is the guy saying about all this?

Last edited: Sep 22, 2021
  5. bykerladi

bykerladi Well-Known Member

IIRC he cashed her bus ticket in at the station, and she was never actually seen.

momsof3, AnnaGrace, rkendmar and 4 others like this.
  6. Andreee

From what I read, she was just dropping him off and didn't have a bus ticket.

7. cvaldez1975

cvaldez1975 Well-Known Member

i was able to read it and its really sus.... see this exerp....
    "
    “Instead of leaving, he got his money back for the ticket and he got back into the passenger side of the jeep and no one has seen or heard from her since or seen the jeep,” Monica said.

Bedford made contact with Deidre’s family denying that he knows anything about her whereabouts. He claimed he and Deidre drove around Charlotte, North Carolina for a few hours and then he caught the 9 p.m. bus back to Augusta. Bedford’s last text indicated that he wished to remain silent.

Bedford’s grandmother told the family that he came home that night alone and went to work the next morning. The family went to his supposed place of employment but the company said they didn’t know who he was. When the family returned to the grandmother’s home, it was vacant. The family does not know how to contact her anymore.

“Nobody knows where he is, I guess he is on the run or whatever,” Monica said. “His grandmother is gone. They took her out of the house and no one had been back to the house since.”

8. Andreee

This all sounds so sketchy, where is the grandmother now? Sounds like it needs to be investigated further asap!

Pesto919, Hap, bluenoser and 7 others like this.
  9. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

I’m the same way! For whatever reason, I cannot grasp/make sense of the events that led up to her disappearance.
    I can’t follow a timeline for this case; not sure why!

10. GuyfromCanada

GuyfromCanada Well-Known Member

According to police, she left Pageland that afternoon to take someone to the Greyhound Bus station in Charlotte. James Reid says that someone was the father of her youngest son. Reid tells WCCB police said he is not a person of interest, and police just received surveillance video of the bus station Tuesday. WCCB reached out to SLED and Pageland Police to get a copy of that video and ask how many people have been interviewed. None of WCCB’s requests have been answered as of Wednesday evening.

Pageland Mother Missing For Nearly Three Weeks; Family Desperate For Answers - WCCB Charlotte's CW

11. swanniee11

swanniee11 Well-Known Member

This is sad. I have not figured out where MSM says he cashed in tickets, anyone? LE needs to do better then this. IMO

12. Gobstopper

Gobstopper Well-Known Member

Sounds like grandma was a prop brought in from a nursing home or somewhere to corroborate a story. Or wasn't even his grandma. MOO

LoveyG, bluenoser, PommyMommy and 7 others like this.
  13. Bit of hope

The story is getting crazier and crazier.......I'm afraid this is going to end bad and "the bird (Bedford) has flown". When is LE going to make a statement about what was investigated and their findings. Is Bedford a POI now? He proved to be a liar, with his grandma trick and not working where he supposed to have worked.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2021
  14. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

Missing woman case has connection to Burke County

Deidre got out of work early September 3 and was last seen by relatives in her jeep to take Bedford to the bus station. He was supposed to catch the 1:45 p.m. bus to Augusta. Camera footage shows him getting out of the passenger side and entering into the building but then getting back into the jeep.

Instead of leaving, he got his money back for the ticket and he got back into the passenger side of the jeep and no one has seen or heard from her since or seen the jeep,” Monica said.

15. modesty blaise

modesty blaise Well-Known Member

What in the world???

16. TootsieFootsie

TootsieFootsie Well-Known Member

17. rkendmar

rkendmar Well-Known Member

IMO, This case is solvable, even though it spans SC, NC and GA.
    Wish the PD would give us a photo of the POI, Emanuel Bedford.

18. rkendmar

Hap, Marg from Oz and TootsieFootsie like this.
  19. rkendmar

AUGUSTA, Ga – A local man is now listed as a person of interest in the disappearance of a woman from Pageland, South Carolina.

According to the Pageland Police Department, Deidre Reid was last seen in Pageland on Friday, September 3. She was on her way the Greyhound bus station in Charlotte, NC to drop Emanuel Bedford.

At the time of her disappearance, investigators said, “It is confirmed that Reid never made it to the bus station and her cellular phone is going straight to voicemail.”
    Local man wanted in disappearance of SC woman | WJBF

20. Bit of hope

I can't open the last article. Just as I thought I understood the latest media outlets about what went down. Now -she never making it to the bus station- is back on the table......At CCTV footage he was seen getting in the Jeep on the passengers site. If Deidre didn't make it to the bus station who was in the drivers site? I think you are pulling up an "older" media outlet and the story changed....? but I'm still confused. :confused:

And what is meant by "local man"?

I think this is his picture (mugshot) Log In or Sign Up to View

Last edited: Sep 24, 2021
    Flurries and Marg from Oz like this.