Found Deceased SC - Duncan Alexander Burrell-Gordon, Fell Into Shredder at Recycling Plant, Greer

Cody Alcorn, Fox Carolina

Duncan Alexander Burrell-Gordon works night shift at Industrial Recovery & Recycling on Green Road in Greer, South Carolina. Duncan was last seen on May 5, 2022. She said Duncan’s hat was left on a nearby fork lift but he was nowhere to be found.

His family said he was working on a machine that shreds metal. It’s their belief he may have fallen into the machine. His family said neither his debit card nor phone have been used since Wednesday. The family said surveillance video at the plant didn’t show him leaving.

The Spartanburg County Sheriff’s Office is investigating the disappearance as a missing person right now. In a social media post over the weekend, the family said the company is meeting with the SCSO this morning to further investigate claims he may have fallen into the machine.

I have been watching this case with updates since I read about it Monday morning. I work in a warehouse (not a factory or anything like that) but I've seen how these guys in the warehouse I work at always look out for one another. It's so hard to believe that someone wouldn't know what happened to him. But then again all factories and warehouses are different.

I don't know what these machines look like, but I find it hard to believe that nobody working there would have noticed if he had fallen into the machine, or at least seen some evidence of it. So does that mean that his employers are trying to cover up the accident? This is all very strange.

Just seeing this case. So Duncan works night shift at Industrial Recovery & Recycling on a machine that "shreds metal", and he hasn't been seen since May 5. I'm assuming the last people to see him were co-workers?

It's not been stated whether Duncan had a vehicle, but if so, was it found in the parking lot at at Industrial Recovery & Recycling?

there was an update this weekend saying they found something in a machine and they sent it for testing.
Did anyone see more information about what may have been found in the machine?

You would hope/expect that the 'metal shredding machine' would have safety switches, guards, railings, cages, etc. installed for this very reason.

What on Earth? They aren't sure if he fell in? I hope his family has already hired a great law firm and that OSHA is already involved. I hope he had sufficient safety training and that if an accident did occur, it was not due to another person's error, a company culture of violating safety policy, or anything like that...

I have relatives living close to that area of SC and they knew nothing about this situation until I informed them and I live in NYC! If not for reading WS I wouldn’t have heard. This seem so tragic and not right.

I have relatives living close to that area of SC and they knew nothing about this situation until I informed them and I live in NYC! If not for reading WS I wouldn’t have heard. This seem so tragic and not right.
I agree, it's not right. It should be quite straightforward. I hope at least his family know more.

@cocomod I hope that's it, but the fact that they're saying there's no footage of him leaving makes me worried.
It seems super fishy to me and they are hiding something. Why wouldn't there be an update? I feel like they need to give the public something even if it is them saying they don't know yet. Something needs to be told to the public so they can be on the lookout for him if they believe he did leave on his own. Makes no sense to me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back