GUILTY SC - Dymia Woody, 8, raped & murdered, Greenville, 1 July 2008

Umm, geez....A girl makes one mistake and everyone jumps on Poor little Pixies!!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I humbly apologized.

Moving on......

I don't think you need to apologize pixies, looked like just a misunderstanding to me.

xxxxxxxxoooooo
mama
:blowkiss::blowkiss:

So do I...this kid probably has the mark of the beast on him.

Dingo, whatever is wrong with this kid, he's very sick. Very.
I alway's wonder what kind of parent's these sick children have.
Maybe he's mentally ill.....maybe he's been beat up all his life.
It always makes me wonder how something as tragic as this could just happen. IF we keep this thread going, maybe we'll find out!

xxxxxxxxoooo
mama

Hello all. I have been a regular reader of Websleuths for a couple of years, but this is my first time posting. My highest compliments to the contributors here. I consider Websleuths a valuable source of information and insight.

Here's a link to video footage of the accused taken one day prior to his arrest. A Greenville TV station gave the boy and his mother a chance to defend themselves since he was already under suspicion by neighbors because of his being the last person seen with the victim.

http://www.foxcarolina.com/video/16769626/index.html

I've yet to learn about his parents . . .

I'm guessing they aren't good parents seeing as how their child turned out. Reminds me of Lionel Tate. As I recall they let him out early and he committed another crime and is back in jail for a gun possession.

Hello all. I have been a regular reader of Websleuths for a couple of years, but this is my first time posting. My highest compliments to the contributors here. I consider Websleuths a valuable source of information and insight.

Here's a link to video footage of the accused taken one day prior to his arrest. A Greenville TV station gave the boy and his mother a chance to defend themselves since he was already under suspicion by neighbors because of his being the last person seen with the victim.

Welcome to WS!!! Thank you for the link ...:wave:

I'm guessing they aren't good parents seeing as how their child turned out. Reminds me of Lionel Tate. As I recall they let him out early and he committed another crime and is back in jail for a gun possession.

Spazkat, I watched a video of the the girls mom on Fox news and it really appears that the girls family is very nice, AND the boy who is being accused is also soft spoken and polite......Go to the web link that our new poster ThisJustIn posted. Click on anything in the top of the page and you'll find the video and also some other coverage on this case. Hope you can get to the place where the suspected boy is being interviewed!
THANKS "THIS JUST IN"...WELCOME TO WS. Hope we hear from you again!

If you heard the video of the accused boy talking you would not believe that he would do anything like this. However, police have some sort of DNA that connect him. He was the last person to see the girl so it wouldn't be hard to find his DNA on her body.

I'm really interested in following this case to see what happens.

xxooooo
mama

Wow - thanks ThisJustIn - welcome to WS and glad you posted. That boy sure seems very sincere in the video. What a sad sad case.

.........However, police have some sort of DNA that connect him. He was the last person to see the girl so it wouldn't be hard to find his DNA on her body.

I'm really interested in following this case to see what happens.

xxooooo
mama

That's just what I was thinking LoveMama. Very curious to see how this case unfolds. Heartbreaking.

The girl was sexually assaulted, so my guess it that the DNA involved was related to the sexual assault not casual contact. I hope I'm wrong.

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/app.../20080704/NEWS01/307040005/1070/YOURUPSTATE01

Spazkat, okay, I just googled "How long does it take to get back DNA results" OMG..........I got so many answers! Some say 3 weeks, some say 6 weeks, some say 3 days! My concern was mainly how long would it take for a sample that would pass in a courtroom! Didn't find anything.

Does anyone here really know the length of time to get a legitimate DNA sample tested? Whoever you are, Thank you, I'm sure you are a genius and I think we'd all be happy knowing!

xxxxxooooooooo
mama

This is tragic. If the boy is guilty he is undoubtedly a sociopath and needs to be locked away for life.

A sociopath can sound very sincere. I wonder if they'll rush the dna evidence. In any case, his a$$ won't be having fun in jail :behindbar

The term feral in use with children was used meaning children literally raised by animals; of which there have been cases of. Also, i think it may refer to some of which have been raised in different degrees of isolation. Those "feral" children are victims of abuse.

Animals would raise a better child than this kid. Something is horribly wrong in his gene pool, no doubt.

Thanks for the warm welcome! I only wish it could have been under better circumstances.

I've also been wondering about the quick return on the DNA evidence. Dymia was first reported missing at 10:30pm on Monday, June 30. She was located by the sheriffs early morning Tuesday. DNA results were reported by the sheriffs spokesman as having a match at 3:30pm Wednesday. I don't think I've ever heard of that quick of a response for a DNA match.

It's probably a good thing they got the suspect in custody for his own protection. I don't think people in the neighborhood were going to be very patient for a long investigation.

In an interview (not online), a neighbor talked about seeing the suspect watching Dymia and a ten year old girl jumping on a trampoline. When the neighbor asked why he was staring at the girls, the suspect said that he liked the ten year old.

In another article, the suspects father said:

Youngs father told FOX Carolina that his son told investigators that he and the 8-year-old girl had a “thing” and that they were just messing around on Monday when she stopped moving.

http://www.foxcarolina.com/news/16779687/detail.html#

Thanks for the warm welcome! I only wish it could have been under better circumstances.

I've also been wondering about the quick return on the DNA evidence. Dymia was first reported missing at 10:30pm on Monday, June 30. She was located by the sheriffs early morning Tuesday. DNA results were reported by the sheriffs spokesman as having a match at 3:30pm Wednesday. I don't think I've ever heard of that quick of a response for a DNA match.

It's probably a good thing they got the suspect in custody for his own protection. I don't think people in the neighborhood were going to be very patient for a long investigation.

In an interview (not online), a neighbor talked about seeing the suspect watching Dymia and a ten year old girl jumping on a trampoline. When the neighbor asked why he was staring at the girls, the suspect said that he liked the ten year old.

In another article, the suspects father said:

Youngs father told FOX Carolina that his son told investigators that he and the 8-year-old girl had a “thing” and that they were just messing around on Monday when she stopped moving.

http://www.foxcarolina.com/news/16779687/detail.html#

ThisJustIn (from now on I'm calling you TJI! Hope that's okay.

Ouch! "having a thing" with this little girl does not sound good.......and then for his father to say they were just messing around ...."then she stopped moving", is making it worse. Oh my goodness. Maybe this young man had sex with her, he was a lot bigger than she, and she was suffocated!
What a mess!

About the DNA........somethings weird about that. Too fast, too quick.
Maybe LE just made that up..........and are hoping to get DNA and hoping this will get the kid to confess!

xxxxxxxooooo
mama

From August 2010:

http://www.wcnc.com/story/news/local/2014/06/20/11173069/

A South Carolina teenager who raped and killed an 8-year-old neighbor is being transferred to adult prison to serve the rest of his 25-year sentence...

Samuel Young III is scheduled to be transferred from juvenile detention Wednesday, his 17th birthday.

Young pleaded guilty in May to involuntary manslaughter and first-degree criminal sexual conduct...

So MS's ex-fiancée married RB's brother. What a tangled web!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back