Found Deceased SC - Faye Marie Swetlik, 6, Cayce, 10 Feb 2020 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
How close is USC campus to the townhomes? Iirc, very. If so, I suggest there might be a large number of students renting townhomes as well as a large turnover (short term leases) & many non residents in & out. Moo

• Because the community's help, they were able to identify the occupants of the SUV and ask them the same questions they've been asking everyone else.
  • Their work is ongoing and the investigation is the largest he [Antley] has been a part of. As part of this investigation, they will talk to everyone in the area. They will tow vehicles.
  • They've looked at Faye's house several times. They've had a presence there since 5 p.m. on Monday. This is typical in this type of investigation.
  • The FBI has a systematic way of doing things and it works and that is what they are doing.
  • As of this morning, they are still gathering video. It is coming in by the hour and a team of investigators is reviewing it. The pictures of those vehicles were pushed out within minutes of when they were found.
  • They have to keep some details under wraps but they are exploring every possibility. The phone line has been ringing non-stop. As those leads are received they are followed up.
  • The tip line is working. What isn't working is phone calls or anything else that doesn't come through the tip line. Don't send information to your friends. Don't send it to LE through Facebook Messenger. Pick up the phone and call the tip line.
  • Members of the family have been cooperating with the investigation since the beginning.
  • If they have to hold that neighborhood for another hour or another week, they will continue to do so until releasing it does not hinder the investigation.
  • IF YOU HAVE VIDEO OR INFORMATION THAT THEY HAVE NOT RECEIVED, PLEASE CALL 803-205-4444. FOLLOW CAYCE DEPT OF PUBLIC SAFETY ON SOCIAL MEDIA.

Last edited:
I am glad they are releasing this inf
ugh - hate seeing this - (thanks for updating her media thread)

While I don't want them to find anything, I am glad they are leaving no stone unturned. Many times it is not until it is too late that we look back and wish LE had done this thorough of a search. I think the same with the crime scene tape going up - making sure every possibility is pursued from the very start. I think this is setting a high bar and showing a very good response from LE.

I hope they can clear that second car soon - I had thought from the video that perhaps the cars were travelling in tandem (which to my mind made it much less likely that the cars were involved in an abduction), but if they found one and not the other, then it appears there is no connection between the two cars.

You would think the FBI could zoom in on the license plates....with all the technology.
Yes, and if they were leaving the neighborhood, then someone living in that neighborhood surely knows them. I also hope that investigators ask residents if they have noticed any other residents missing since Faye's disappearance.

Billie Jean Shaw on Twitter
Sgt. Evan Antley w/ Cayce Dept. of Public Safety says investigators have identified the driver of the SUV and was able to answers questions they’ve had. Still need to ID driver of person driving silver Sedan. @wcnc
10:47 AM - 13 Feb 2020

Antley confirms the vehicles towed from where #FayeSwetlik was last seen is normal biz in this type of investigation but cannot release info about what evidence may/may not have been found. @wcnc
10:48 AM - 13 Feb 2020

I asked Antley if the investigation is still a search or has it been any transition to a recovery mission. He says this is very much still a search not a recovery mission and they’re planning on bringing #FayeMarieSwetlik home. @wcnc
10:55 AM - 13 Feb 2020

I also asked Antley if investigators have identified any persons of interest or suspects. He says he cannot comment specifically on that but did say there has been much more information released since #FayeMarieSwetlik was reported missing Monday at 5pm. @wcnc
11:02 AM - 13 Feb 2020

Watching the coverage on WBTV and I thought I saw some yellow crime tape up along a wooded area with some LE, did anyone else see that? During live shot between press conference and live on the scene. I'll try and rerack and get a screenshot.

So much time has passed with such a limited search area. The child could be in China by now. While I am grateful for the work LE is doing, I am fearful that the concentration on such a limited geographical area could hinder the odds of finding little Faye. There seems to be no new information that has been generated from this focus on this one mile area. Praying that she is found TODAY alive and well!

Nic Jones on Twitter
“Was this a search? Absolutely, we are working to bring Faye home.” - Sgt Antley on this being a search or a recovery effort @WLTX
EQqs4XQWAAYpZwp.jpg

10:52 AM - 13 Feb 2020

Nic Jones on Twitter
The Cayce Department of Public Safety says they’ve been searching through cars, homes, the landfill, and other areas to find evidence to locate Faye Swetlik @WLTX
10:51 AM - 13 Feb 2020

Nic Jones on Twitter
“We are leaving no stone unturned.” -Sgt Antley on looking at every option possible to find Faye Swetlik @WLTX
EQqsHJEW4AA-u17.jpg

10:49 AM - 13 Feb 2020

Last edited:
Right. Not an expert in this area, but I always assumed it was creeks-> rivers->ocean. The Broad and Saluda Rivers converge to become the Congaree near Columbia, which I am sure you have seen from the maps. The lake murray dam (near Columbia) releases water into the saluda which will cause levels to rise in the Saluda and consequently Congaree, and I guess potentially other small creeks/streams.

There are a lot of creeks in SC named Six Mile Creek. In all parts of the state. They are pretty much local and are not connected in any way. I think you are correct here. That creek is just part of the local drainage system from the Saluda, Broad, and Congaree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd