Found Deceased SC - Faye Marie Swetlik, 6, Cayce, 10 Feb 2020 #2

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Gardenista, Feb 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. diggndeeperstill

diggndeeperstill Well-Known Member

Trash cans were put on the day she went missing I thought? I hope they stopped those.
    Including the vehicle pic to show trash cans out when it was grabbed.

HayLouise, Mommy2411, hollye and 3 others like this.

2. boomburger

boomburger Well-Known Member

I'm hoping that any neighbor of Faye that reads this please upload any front camera video that you own to police, even if its some random cars passing through, whether you believe it's important or not.. It was a neighbor's footage that led to Cristhian Rivera's arrest in the Mollie Tibbetts case. They saw his car drive past and were able to create a timeline that led to his arrest.

AnnaGrace, adot0902, 24Roses and 11 others like this.
  3. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

Welcome to WS!
    Yes, it is frustrating but my thinking is that by now - they've gone up and down the street and have hours of video available to look through IMO. This gives me hope

4. SeattleStew

SeattleStew Well-Known Member

Quoting myself to post screenshot:

Screenshot_2020-02-13 Update on search for Faye Swetlik.png

5. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

from past cases - it may be that they have undisclosed evidence keeping the search close to home - IMO
    and Welcome to WS!

6. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

Welcome to Websleuths, SCBaseballMom! :)
    And, to you too, Mommy2411! Thank you for joining us. :)

7. everydetailcounts

everydetailcounts Active Member

We have severe weather forecasted for today, with lighting and isolated thunderstorms/wind gusts until around 3 pm unfortunately. But it is very warm out...74 degrees. There is a small creek behind Churchill Heights. I don’t know if it could be described as rushing water but we did have some typical, but brief flooding along the Riverwalk (about 15 minutes from Faye’s house by car) a few days ago.

8. vaporlass

vaporlass Well-Known Member

You’re right, I realized as I listened to update this morning that creek was never mentioned. Were all the places they are looking potential “dump” sites? It sounded like they know she was taken from the area. If only someone could identify the car that they are so focused on right now.

9. Marklhc1988

Marklhc1988 Active Member

I agree. Doesn't look like a BMW 5 series. I was thinking Suburu WRX.

10. SCBaseballMom

SCBaseballMom Well-Known Member

I live in SC, so obviously, we have tons of news coverage on this story. Is it being covered well all over the country so someone would know Faye’s face if they saw her at a drive-thru, restaurant or gas station?

Luckyzmom, MizStery, SAMS and 5 others like this.
  11. bittybean

bittybean Not Really New Member

They also said in the PC yesterday that they had expanded the search up towards Charleston Hwy/US-1. A pretty major road in the area with tons and tons of potential for surveillance images.

Luckyzmom, Mommy2411, hollye and 2 others like this.
  12. PommyMommy

Kayland Hagwood on Twitter (Video)
    Finding Faye - Airport Blvd, a very busy (and loud) road now completely silent. It appears that investigators — who’ve surrounded this area — have blocked off traffic as @VP Mike Pence is expected to arrive shortly as the search to find Faye Swetlik continues. Latest >> @WLTX
    11:15 AM - 13 Feb 2020

13. MaliaMansly

MaliaMansly Well-Known Member

I live in Texas and it's all over the news here.

14. PommyMommy

15. everydetailcounts

I completely agree. WHERE is SLED? Cayce Public Safety are NOT prepared for this kind of investigation and have never seen a case like this as Sgt admitted himself during this morning’s press conference. Gov. McMaster should be allocating SLED resources not meeting Pence at Air Force 2 on the tarmac just 5 minutes away from the possible crime scene. Why did no reporters follow up on the non-existent amber alert during this morning’s press conference or inquire if there has been any evidence to sway suspicion towards abduction? I truly hope that the answer to my complaints is that they are more confident than we know and have a probable lead that will lead to Faye coming home safe and sound.

16. StarryStarryNight

StarryStarryNight Well-Known Member

I watched the 10:45am press conference on a stream from Fox Carolina out of Greenville SC so I don’t know if everybody heard this, but after the officer left the podium and the news crews were collecting their microphones, the same guy who asked why the FBI and SLED weren’t involved(answer: they are) started ranting about the investigation and he was going to call the FBI and SLED himself and get them on the case because “this doesn’t pass the smell test”. He said that repeatedly. He wanted to hear from the family and people wanted to help search...it went on and on. Pretty sure he was not a reporter but a community member. A very surprising, unsettling and unnecessary moment.

watcher9, Kaykedi, AnnaGrace and 14 others like this.
  17. vaporlass

vaporlass Well-Known Member

I haven’t watched them all, but to me, in this last one, it sounded like they had searched almost every home in neighborhood except a few, which I think means that she’s not there. They are careful to never imply that she is no longer alive IMO, despite searching trash and dump sites and encouragers others to do so as well. They thanked the community effort - gave them credit for helping identify one of two vehicles of interest. Assured everyone again that family was cooperating.
    It sounds like they know she was removed from area but do not believe that she was taken very far away, which means to me, they possibly have a suspect that had limited time to move her. JMO.

watcher9, Kaykedi, AnnaGrace and 7 others like this.
  18. everydetailcounts

Congaree is a huge river not a Creek, and would be much too far for a 6 year old to wander off to in such a short amount of time. But that said, it is a force to be reckoned with...there are class 3 or 4 (I think) rapids further up past the confluence of the Saluda and Congaree River by the Riverbanks Zoo.

19. PommyMommy

FEB 13, 2020
    'Bring Faye home': Search for missing South Carolina 6-year-old intensifies
    [...]

After releasing an image Wednesday showing two vehicles known to be in the area where Faye was last seen, Cayce Public Safety Department said tips helped them identify and locate the people in one of the vehicles.

Investigators questioned the occupants of the SUV, but did not release any specifics from what they learned. Officers did say they still need help identifying the people in the car.

"That was a piece of the puzzle that we were trying to put together and because of the help of the public we were able to do that," Sgt. Evan Antley of the Cayce Public Safety Department said.

[...]

He also confirmed that investigators have towed vehicles away to be searched as part of the case. In addition, the home where Faye lives with her mother has been searched multiple times.

[...]

20. boomburger

boomburger Well-Known Member

I saw an article on an Australian news website, its traveling around the world now. All the better!

NoSI, KatzEye, MaliaMansly and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.