Found Deceased SC - Faye Marie Swetlik, 6, Cayce, 10 Feb 2020 #2

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Gardenista, Feb 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

Congaree Creek - Wikipedia
    Congaree Creek is a stream in Lexington County, South Carolina formed from the Congaree River. The Name 'Congaree' come's from the River, of the same name. The Battle of Congaree Creek was named after this creek.

Map posted in thread 1.

2. Oregonmama

Oregonmama Well-Known Member

Where are you Faye?

cass523, Cortne, MaliaMansly and 3 others like this.
  3. everydetailcounts

everydetailcounts Active Member

He was a local preacher. SLED should be taking lead on this case and rambling or not, that Preacher was absolutely right.

Kaykedi, TwoBlueJays, Cortne and 8 others like this.
  4. PommyMommy

FEB 13, 2020
    Officials look to ID vehicles, drivers may have info related to missing SC 6-year-old
    [...]

FM and her daughter said they were across the street at the Circle K between 5 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. Monday.

That was the time Faye’s mother told police she realized that her daughter was missing from the house.

[...]

“[Faye's] mother came in and asked the cashier, ‘Did you see my daughter?’” FM explained.

The little girl was seen getting off her school bus. Faye’s mother told police that she came in the house, grabbed a snack and went out to play at exactly 3:44 p.m. That’s the last time she said she laid eyes on her child.

“She was crying And I was like, 'Oh, she has lost her daughter,'” said FM.

When FM and her daughter came back to their house in Church Hill Heights, they said a man came running up to them again around the same time just after Faye was reported missing.

“He just asked if I saw a 6-year-old roaming around by herself,” said the neighbor.

[...]

5. everydetailcounts

I stand corrected. Thank you for the info, PommyMommy.

6. PommyMommy

Based on his comments, I don't believe he has any (or much) knowledge of police protocol. MOO

cass523, sassyblue, momsof3 and 7 others like this.
  7. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

they could be looking at the woods and water areas as the dumping ground. IMO. sorry to say this. If they had evidence this was a kidnapping with a vehicle they would have announced it I would think - to me, this feels like it's a process of elimination and they are looking for a body which is why they don't want alot of volunteer searchers
    JMO

Pattyhamilton, NoSI, KatzEye and 8 others like this.
  8. SeattleStew

SeattleStew Well-Known Member

@carbuff Sending out the bat signal...do you have an idea on what the smaller vehicle make/model could be? TIA, you're the best!

a4edde89-4dba-4b13-bc99-5653f5c54d13-medium16x9_VehiclesFaye.JPG

cass523, NoSI, KatzEye and 6 others like this.
  9. PommyMommy

Emily Wakeman on Twitter
    Cayce Police on search for #fayeswetlik : stressed this is still an active search. Identified and spoke with individuals in Chevy Trailblazer. Officials searching trash in neighborhood and have been at nearby landfill. Asking for anyone with surveillance call 803-205-4444 @wis10
    [​IMG]
    11:30 AM - 13 Feb 2020

10. momsof3

momsof3 Well-Known Member

^^^^
    I wish I could like this a thousand times. I am beyond impressed by the thoroughness. Contrast to some recent cases (i.e. Harley Dilly) where it took days to just get cursory searches started.

I am currently (very tentatively) in the teen perp/local-area perp camp. The time frame is so narrow. And there have been at least a couple of sources saying the mom was out asking neighbors/local businesses (I am surmising during that window) which makes me think it is an even shorter window. Not getting any vibes that the mom has any involvement/neglect/abuse. But as always I could be wrong.

cass523, 24Roses, j_in_c and 8 others like this.
  11. boomburger

boomburger Well-Known Member

This area is super close to Faye's house, I think its more likely they're looking at areas she may have wandered off to whilst playing and may have met with a tragic accident.

cass523, carbuff, momsof3 and 7 others like this.
  12. 24Roses

24Roses Well-Known Member

Has there been a press conference this morning already? Thanks! Just now logging on and will read through all the posts.

cass523, SAMS, MaliaMansly and 2 others like this.
  13. diggndeeperstill

diggndeeperstill Well-Known Member

ScotAng, watcher9, HayLouise and 9 others like this.
  14. MissMalowe

MissMalowe Well-Known Member

Perhaps have reason to believe she's that close?

Or

Perhaps they don't feel the initial search area has been searched thoroughly enough/haven't completed searching it in order to be able to expand yet?

Or

Maybe they have expanded, but focus of the reporters and public has been on the locked down neighborhood?

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
    Kaykedi, AnnaGrace, carbuff and 3 others like this.
  15. diggndeeperstill

16. MaliaMansly

MaliaMansly Well-Known Member

I agree!! He was obnoxious, inconsiderate, wasn't truthful (as you said, FBI and SLED ARE helping), and the questions he was DEMANDING answers to have been answered over and over! Maybe he should take the test and walk the walk of a LEO! JMO! If nothing else, he needed some grammar lessons before making a scene! JMO, MOO!

17. everydetailcounts

This photo is from Google Map Street View literally in front of Faye’s home. Seems to have been taken in either 2015 or 2020. This image looks like a drug deal and it’s literally in front of Faye’s front door step. It is not a good area of town. Across from Faye’s neighborhood there is a creepy, run-down strip mall with a 20-24 hour bar called “Mile High Club” directly next to an “Asian Massage” shop. This is all just a minute or two away from a heavily trafficked Love’s Truck Stop and the Columbia Airport. There are tractor trailers everywhere.

18. SCBaseballMom

SCBaseballMom Well-Known Member

I hope LE is reviewing cameras for footage on dates prior to Monday. If this is a random abduction from a person unknown to FS, the chances are low that the individual did not canvas the area for opportunity several times prior to committing the act. Most would not risk a random abduction in a residential area in broad daylight without knowing anything about the level of risk for being caught before they were able to get out. They would likely know times that were opportune and the risk of being spotted by someone attending to a certain child. It is quite possible if this is a random abduction that the perp routinely canvased the area with some level of regularity in the days and weeks prior to Monday. MOO

19. everydetailcounts

20. diggndeeperstill

Y’all the news reporter just replied this is the most activity they’ve seen since the search began. :(

ScotAng, watcher9, kai and 18 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.