Found Deceased SC - Faye Marie Swetlik, 6, Cayce, 10 Feb 2020 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Emily Wakeman‏ @emily_wakeman_

Law enforcement have closed off Churchill Heights to only residents and investigators as they continue to search for 6-yr-old Faye Swetlik. Officials say search still concentrated to neighborhood and surrounding area. #PrayforFaye @wis10

EQl3zzRWsAAVgeY.jpg

9:22 AM - 12 Feb 2020

Kayland Hagwood on Twitter

Finding Faye - A helicopter is hovering around Airport Blv. near the neighborhood Faye Swetlik, 6, went missing. Can't see an agency on it. Throughout the search, officers have said to be using resources including canines, @FBI agents and a helicopter. Watch @WLTX for latest.

Helicopter is State LE Division per PIO

I think that was reported in error earlier. Latest FBI poster says June 13- not Feb 13. @PommyMommy - do you remember where the Feb birthday info came from? Not sure.
Greg Suskin‏Verified account @GSuskinWSOC9
The latest missing person poster from the FBI in the disappearance of Faye Swetlik.

EQmtL08XUAIy52J.jpg

1:15 PM - 12 Feb 2020

New poster by FBI indicates Faye is lactose intolerant and has a speech impediment (congenital condition - tethered tongue).

Noticed the FBI poster also states:

Date(s) of birth used: June 13, 2013

Perhaps the actual birthdate has not been officially confirmed.

Cayce Public Safety on Twitter
There have been phone calls, DM’s and social media postings asking if the public can be involved in the search for Faye Swetlik and ground searches need to continue to be done by law enforcement and other first responders.
EQm5eNFWoAAvoCp.jpg

5:09 PM - 12 Feb 2020

Thorough ground searches require coordination with contact with incident command, are mapped and methodical and the terrain and environment in the area varies requiring special equipment and vehicles for safety.
EQm5et9WsAAWiq_.jpg

Please focus efforts to assisting with this investigation by sharing the most up to date postings from our social media pages as we are all working together in bringing Faye home. #PrayforFaye #FayeSwetlik
EQm5fOmW4AE4a3s.jpg

Last edited:
Joe Ripley on Twitter (Video)
Some investigators leaving neighborhood where Faye Swetlik went missing. Cayce authorities warning public to stay out of ground search efforts and leave that up to investigators. We’ll have a live report at 6 with the latest @wyffnews4
5:52 PM - 12 Feb 2020

CBS Evening News on Twitter (Video)
Hundreds of police have fanned out across South Carolina in search of a missing six-year-old who was last seen getting off her school bus. Investigators released new images of Faye Swetlik on Wed. in hopes of getting more tips.
@JanetShamlian reports https://cbsn.ws/3bsBhyp
6:42 PM - 12 Feb 2020

Home security footage could help in search for Faye Swetlik, missing Cayce 6-year-old

No breaking news, just updates & a story about Faye once looking for a lost dog. More at link under local news.

Business owner once helped by missing 6-year-old Faye Switlek wants to help find her
A year ago, the missing six-year-old and her grandmother helped a local business owner search for her lost dog. Now she wants to return the favor.

Author: Nic Jones
Published: 5:22 PM EST February 12, 2020
Updated: 5:22 PM EST February 12, 2020

WEST COLUMBIA, S.C. — One local business owner is hoping to find missing 6-year-old Faye Swetlik after the child and her grandmother helped her just a year ago.

Rachel Hames lost her dog a year ago, and Switlek and her grandmother helped her search until the dog was found.

Last edited:
Thorough ground searches require coordination with contact with incident command, are mapped and methodical and the terrain and environment in the area varies requiring special equipment and vehicles for safety.
EQm5et9WsAAWiq_.jpg

Please focus efforts to assisting with this investigation by sharing the most up to date postings from our social media pages as we are all working together in bringing Faye home. #PrayforFaye #FayeSwetlik
EQm5fOmW4AE4a3s.jpg

I wonder what that map is- county planning department maybe? If so, I wish we had the color key. Guessing it differentiates zoning & residential density. Faye’s area is in a dark blue zone. Residential higher density maybe. Adjacent to pink commercial or mixed industrial zones? It’d be nice to understand the zoning in the expanded search areas.

I wonder what that map is- county planning department maybe? If so, I wish we had the color key. Guessing it differentiates zoning & residential density. Faye’s area is in a dark blue zone. Residential higher density maybe. Adjacent to pink commercial or mixed industrial zones? It’d be nice to understand the zoning in the expanded search areas.
Zoning colors are likely related to density. How many single family homes are allowed per acre or how many apartment homes are allowed per acre. The county website's GIS map would have a legend - if it's online. Sometimes it's a flood zone color map too.

FEB 12, 2020
UPDATE: Search for missing 6-year-old continues in South Carolina; new video released

[...]

5 p.m. Update:
Authorities said they have been getting many phone calls, messages and social media postings asking if the public can be involved in the search for Swetlik. However, officials said ground searches need to continue to be done by law enforcement and other first responders.

"Thorough ground searches require coordination and contact with incident command, are mapped and methodical and the terrain and environment in the area varies requiring special equipment and vehicles for safety," Cayce Department of Public Safety said in a post on its Facebook page.

[...]
https://newschannel9.com/news/nation-world/link
4 p.m. Update:
The latest missing persons poster for #FayeSetlik, which was generated by the FBI , and news of her disappearance continues to be shared nationwide.

0ab1d4fc-ff2e-4994-b64b-58e4f9b33241-large16x9_84599734_2990800450972121_4782854668629835776_o.png

[...]

Last edited:
Has anyone seen blood hounds? I think they would be awesome. Wish they would to see if they could pick up her scent anywhere, especially if LE are focused on the neighborhood, woods nearby.
I think Fitsnews reported there were bloodhounds but I don't know how reliable that is. MOO
Have there been any interviews with neighbors, perhaps parents of other children that Faye played with outside on other occasions?
Faye does not have any siblings?
Yes, search "neighbor" or "neighbors" in the media thread. There have been several.

SC - Faye Marie Swetlik, 6, Cayce, 10 Feb 2020*Media maps timeline no discussion
Do we know who (if anyone) met her at the bus stop? And I keep reading that she was last seen at 3:45 pm; who was it that saw her? She was reported to police as missing at 5:00 pm, but what time was she first noticed as missing?

TYVMIA to anyone willing and able to answer any of my questions. I don’t have time to read through every page right now, but would like to have a handle of the basics.
Her mother met her at the bus stop as witnessed by the neighbor. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member