Found Deceased SC - Faye Marie Swetlik, 6, Cayce, 10 Feb 2020 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m confused. If she was found with a man in a house, why were they in the woods????
If that is true, was she still alive and he killed her today (recently) and then killed himself - which is why they are acting angry??? I still say these LEO did an outstanding job trying to save Faye.
Omg, it’s just so heartbreaking.

Did not hear he was found near her just in the neighborhood. Did I miss something reported after the press conference or just not hear it right?

No, you heard the DPS spokesman correctly, media just keeps inserting and changing his words. The deceased male was found in the neighborhood, not necessarily near.

Fly high sweet baby girl.

t115001.gif
g35024.gif
t115001.gif

GUTTED

I’m confused. If she was found with a man in a house, why were they in the woods????
If that is true, was she still alive and he killed her today (recently) and then killed himself - which is why they are acting angry??? I still say these LEO did an outstanding job trying to save Faye.

They haven't said she was found in a house with a man. All they've said is she's been found and that a deceased male was also found in the neighborhood.

They didn't say the two of them were found together. She may have been in the woods and he in a house.

I think this is the first time I've ever heard this scenario in a PC.....dead child victim and (assumed) perpetrator.

BREAKING: Latest in search for missing 6-year-old in Cayce, South Carolina

CAYCE, S.C. —

Faye Swetlik, the missing 6-year-old in Cayce, South Carolina, has been found dead, according to Chief Byron Snellgrove, of the Cayce Department of Public Safety.

Snellgrove said investigators are treating the case as a homicide.

A man was also been found dead in the Churchill Heights neighborhood where Faye was last seen, Snellgrove said. He said that investigation is just beginning.

Ugh, horrible. I feared this would be the outcome after the lack of anything concrete during the first 2 days. I wonder why the dogs didn't track her scent to the house they found her at? This reminds me of a similar case within the last few years of a girl riding her bike that was abducted by a neighbor down the street. He too killed the child when the police started to get close to catching him. So sad, I wish these people would just kill themselves and leave the child alone to heal. FWIW there's about 8 sex offenders that live or work directly nearby according to SC's registry. This could be someone not on the registry yet. I guess we'll find out. So sad. I have a 6 year old son and younger daughter and I only let them outside when me or my wife are out with them. Just way too much traffic through the neighborhood and too many scum bags on the earth. RIP FMS and condolences to the family.

Greg Suskin
@GSuskinWSOC9

·
Feb 13
Just to consolidate the latest info. Officers were devastated moments ago to tell us Faye Swetlik’s body was found this morning in her Cayce neighborhood. The body of a man was also found but not identified. This is now a homicide investigation. Police did not take questions

Greg Suskin
@GSuskinWSOC9

·
Feb 13
A deceased man has also been found in the neighborhood. They didn’t say if it’s related.

Greg Suskin
@GSuskinWSOC9

·
10s
Breaking. Horrible news to tell you. The search for missing 6-yr-old Faye Swetlik is over. She was found this morning in her neighborhood. Near her home. It’s now a homicide. Her body was found

They said it after the PC

Thanks for clarifying. I just heard that Faye was found in a neighbor’s house so I’m guessing the man was found there too. That kinda makes sense. LE said that they were going to houses and if no one answered the door they came back later and knocked again. Maybe this was the last house they hadn’t checked. Kept coming back but no one answered. Or a roommate or spouse came home just today and found this. Any way you sort it it’s so sad and a tragedy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth