Found Deceased SC - Faye Marie Swetlik, 6, Cayce, 10 Feb 2020 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because she was found in woods very close to her house it makes me think she was lured there and potentially attacked and/or assaulted, and then quickly buried, instead of a perp taking her back to their house. I dont think a potential perp would have been able to take her to a house and then back there to be hidden without someone noticing, especially since word got out early that she was missing.

I realize most everything is speculation right now but there seems to be conflicting reports on where her body was found. Was she found in the woods or in a house in the neighborhood? Any news to support either of those? Just trying to keep it straight.

She went missing at 3:45pm and the police called at 5? Is that right?

if so, it seems like the perp had time to leave the neighborhood. I must be wrong about the time she went missing??

if I’m not then the perp would have time to get away and since he didn’t, then he must have lived in the neighborhood and both bodies were found in his residence. (Murder suicide)

and they couldn’t have been found in the woods because searchers would have spotted them long ago. Haven’t they been intensely searching those woods?

Not sure what the delay is caused by regarding the deceased male near her. That is the key imo. As facts and history tell us, the overwhelming majority of serial killers and more importantly - child killers --------- are white males. I'm eager to see how this plays out. <modsnip: removed hearsay/rumor>

Last edited by a moderator:
I realize most everything is speculation right now but there seems to be conflicting reports on where her body was found. Was she found in the woods or in a house in the neighborhood? Any news to support either of those? Just trying to keep it straight.
We just don’t know. Reports seem to be consistent in saying “in the neighborhood,” but that could mean inside or outside.

Inside a house makes the most sense to me though, on account of the large-scale search effort. I just don’t think they would have missed her.

Snippet from article:
“Thursday morning, news crews were alerted to intensified police activity in the Churchill Heights neighborhood. Yellow crime tape was put up near the neighborhood’s entrance as police officers and fire crews blocked anyone from coming in, even residents.

Earlier in the morning, investigators were spotted going through trash cans set out in the neighborhood.

Authorities got hundreds of tips from a hotline they created for the investigation.

Police said they searched the woods, several vehicles, went through surveillance video from the area and followed up by looking in landfills and searching neighbors’ homes and Faye’s home multiple times.”
BBM

Law enforcement must have found evidence in the trash cans or maybe they didn’t but perp knew they were searching them and knew they were going door to door. Perp panicked and murdered her then killed himself. Police got to his house and there was no answer but they found evidence in the trashcan so busted in OR they didn’t find evidence in trash can but perp wouldn’t open door after several hours so they busted in...

All just speculation

May God hold Faye’s family in the palms of His hands. My gosh i just can’t fathom the pain of something so horrific. I have 5 children and these cases break me if i linger too long. Bella the little girl found on the beach was the last case i followed closely, and it was just awful. It took a while for me to “get over”

I will just never understand how people can harm the most innocent among us :(

Has there been any more info released about the other person on hand? If there is a delay, perhaps draw your own conclusions. Again, look at the stats in a scenario like this. Certain men commit these crimes much more often than others. Either way, My heart pours out to her family overall.

Last edited:
May God hold Faye’s family in the palms of His hands. My gosh i just can’t fathom the pain of something so horrific. I have 5 children and these cases break me if i linger too long. Bella the little girl found on the beach was the last case i followed closely, and it was just awful. It took a while for me to “get over”

I will just never understand how people can harm the most innocent among us :(
I'm on the cusp - hopefully - of seeing my first child into this world. I can't imagine the darkness. My heart shatters for her. The fact that they have not even shed light on the suspect is a bit alarming.

Last edited:
Yes but my mind has not accepted this news yet so I'm keeping it together. I'm not going to watch any videos of Faye tonight and avoiding anything describing her personality, likes etc. or any footage of her family talking about her. I have to be careful, I fell into a severe depression over Cherish Perriwinkle in 2013 when I was pregnant. It took a long time and it sort of eclipsed my son's first year. It happened again with the baby who was left in the swing. He was the same age as my third baby. My husband doesnt get it at all, most people dont. None of these things upset him for more than a few minutes, he can just forget about stuff. I fall to pieces.

I am having to withdraw because I can feel myself starting to spiral. I know exactly what you're saying.

Assuming the dead man is the perp, we wont get a trial, and that means we wont get any sort of detail (cause of death, evidence of assault, etc) unless the family comes forward with it, which they wont. We absolutely don't need to know that info but I'd still be curious.

Assuming the dead man is the perp, we wont get a trial, and that means we wont get any sort of detail (cause of death, evidence of assault, etc) unless the family comes forward with it, which they wont. We absolutely don't need to know that info but I'd still be curious.

I'd like to get to the bottom of this. Out of nothing more than just learning about what happened.

I expect that there still will be an investigation into both deaths. We will hear more about this.

I expect that there still will be an investigation into both deaths. We will hear more about this.
Absolutely they'll still investigate but I think most publicly known facts from crime come out during trials and without a trial we will get little I suspect. Which, like I said before is absolutely okay because its up to Faye's family to decide what to reveal and what to keep to themselves, but it would be a shame to those of us who are completely obsessed with this case.

Why are there absolutely no updates on the male who was found next to her?
My opinion: either police haven't had a chance to tell the man's family that he's passed away or they want to completely figure out what happened before they release his name to the media otherwise an innocent dead man might have his reputation tarnished forever. Its likely this man was the one responsible for Faye's death (considering the police repeatedly claiming the public is not in danger) but there would be a very small chance he might have been the victim of circumstance, with the real perp killing him as a frame job, it's possible I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong