Found Deceased SC - Faye Marie Swetlik, 6, Cayce, 10 Feb 2020 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry everyone. I'm not trying to be dense here but I can't wrap my head around what they could have found in a trash can for CT's address that lead them to finding FS. They had already searched the area several times as stated in this morning's presser. I know he said the item was on the missing person flyer and it must be an article of clothing but how did that lead them to Faye's location?

LIVE: Update on 6-year-old Faye Swetlik who was found dead Thursday

They NEVER said they found the item in a trash can for CT's address. They said they were searching all the trash bin's in the area. The item was found in a trash bin that was connected to a certain area of the woods. They were planning a methodical search of those woods when the lead investigator found Faye's body. My opinion/guess/speculation is that they could have found item in a Napa bin which lead them to search closer to that building.

Firstly: Thank you @Admins for being understanding to my newbiness HAHAHA

Secondly: The LE are holding their cards so close to their chests, that I thankfully believe that this case will be solved quickly....

Hopefully a silver lining

Thirdly: I should be working on a painting, but I cant stop looking at this thread!! Grrr! Thank you all for making me feel like being addicted to this stuff is "normal";)

Jmo, She was deceased very early on. Those townhouses are all 10 20 50 feet from each other plus hundreds of investigators in the area, even in his house. it’s very very very unlikely He hid a kicking screaming captive for days

CT has not been named a POI nor did they say CT is a homicide victim. Right??

LE did say CT is associated, and there is no current threat in the Churchill Heights neighborhood. Right??

I'm just trying to clarify LE's statements. I don't want to throw my common sense to the wind.

They NEVER said they found the item in a trash can for CT's address. They said they were searching all the trash bin's in the area. The item was found in a trash bin that was connected to a certain area of the woods. They were planning a methodical search of those woods when the lead investigator found Faye's body. My opinion/guess/speculation is that they could have found item in a Napa bin which lead them to search closer to that building.

Law enforcement officials found Faye’s body after discovering a critical piece of evidence from a trash can at Taylor’s home.

Coty Taylor: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

I'm still guessing it was a boot - and his address/mail with his name - then they went to the house and searched the back yard - and found her somehow - we don't know what state she was in though IMO.
Not sure what else would lead them back to the backyard. I'm very curious about this...
JMO

Trash bins are also marked to identify their property -- and with garbage handlers on location, it would have been that much quicker to ID the residence. IMO, there were evidence markers in the woods on Thursday -- perhaps foot tracks from the apartment leading to the woods not seen days prior. I know there were storm warnings -- not sure how much rain if any in Cayce beginning Monday - Thursday. MOO

How soon would the coroner's report come out tomorrow?
The autopsy will be done by a forensic pathologist at Medical University of South Carolina in Charleston, SC.
The Lexington County Coroner is not a MD or a forensic pathologist (specialty MD) and does not do any autopsies.
The autopsy will be completed tomorrow (Saturday).

I'm just sharing a fear I have, and don't claim it's right. If Faye's death was more recent than later, could the pressure from public media, etc. have caused the sub to feel backed into a corner and caused her death? The sub panicked and felt there was no other choice? :( Such a tragic turn of events. If there could have been a way to flush the sub out sooner before the worst choice was acted on.
There was no way IMO that this could have been prevented or that actions taken by LEO should have been different. I think LEO may be beating themselves up wondering how they might have done things differently and changed the outcome but they should not.
No prior record. No reason to suspect. Even now we must wait for confirmation because it’s NOT obvious he murdered her.
IF he is the murderer, everyone should be thankful that he was caught dead or alive. Anyone who could do this to a child, would probably do it again. The LEO closing in on him may have caused him to take her life and later his own life, but more than likely, it saved the lives of other innocent children.

Can anyone determine if the silver sedan seen exiting the complex is the same sedan parked at the duplex today?
We all know LE asked for info on two vehicles, clearing one. Did they ever come back stating they cleared the owner of the silver sedan?

I agree it's possible but doubtful.

Given the speed that investigators went from garbage bin to locating Faye's body, I believe whatever was located in the bin was immediately known and/or identified on sight as belonging to Faye versus investigator combing through paper and reading a note. MOO
The details will leak out. You're right though, must have been something unmistakable; i.e. no forensic testing needed.

I am a bit surprised that he/whoever was able to plant the body in the woods days later without being seen. The whole neighborhood has been swarming with police, every resident must have been hyper-vigilant and aware of everything going on.

Late last night I was on Google Maps, looking at her house and yard, general area. It just seemed clear to me that it had to be someone who lived in, or visited one of a dozen or so properties around Faye's home.
I'm sorry everyone. I'm not trying to be dense here but I can't wrap my head around what they could have found in a trash can for CT's address that lead them to finding FS. They had already searched the area several times as stated in this morning's presser. I know he said the item was on the missing person flyer and it must be an article of clothing but how did that lead them to Faye's location?

LIVE: Update on 6-year-old Faye Swetlik who was found dead Thursday

My belief?

When I was looking on Google maps last night at her house and environs, it seemed obvious to me that this had to involve someone who lived in and or visited one of a dozen or so properties near her home. I think the police felt that too and thus the intense focus on that neighborhood.

I think that once the item was found, they suspected she was close. If someone had taken her far away, why would they dispose of this item(s) so close by?

NAPA just has a big parking lot close by that they could probably use as a police staging area. Perhaps they were intending on having officers staging there while they waited for a search warrant to come through. In the meantime, I imagine they might want to re-canvas what were now the plausible routes someone would take to get from one property to the other, including the woods, and that's how she was found.

I question whether or not there was a vehicle involved at all. It's possible. But it also seems possible that the killer didn't have access to a vehicle, which is why everything ends up close by. (Also possible he did and the LE presence just made using it too risky.)

FEB 14, 2020
Second Body in Faye Swetlik Case Found, Identified by Police - 44News | Evansville, IN
[...]

According to Sgt. Antley, police discovered Swetlik’s body after a “critical” piece of evidence was found that prompted them to return to a location that they had already searched once before.

“Based on that discovery we narrowed down an area that we felt as an investigative team that we had to go back to,” he said. “Another methodical search of that area … even though we’d been there multiple times, we were going back.”

Antley said that after Swetlik’s body was found, police then discovered the body of Taylor at his residence.

[...]

Can anyone determine if the silver sedan seen exiting the complex is the same sedan parked at the duplex today?
We all know LE asked for info on two vehicles, clearing one. Did they ever come back stating they cleared the owner of the silver sedan?

If the silver sedan was parked at the residence and/or belonged to a neighborhood resident then it's more likely this vehicle was not the same silver sedan where the owner was sought by investigators to interview.

(The owner of the SUV/trailblazer did come forward -- did not reside in Churchill Heights).

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member