Found Deceased SC - Faye Marie Swetlik, 6, Cayce, 10 Feb 2020 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
It just seems very odd that someone would jump from having no criminal activity to possibly being a murder suspect. That just doesn't normally happen. Even though everything so far is pointing at a single man, it seems weird.

Applicable to any person, I think the keywords here would be no reported criminal history or criminal acts for which he/she was caught.

It is a pattern though for deviant perps to escalate to murder. Many child killers start with kiddie *advertiser censored* and move to other fantasies with children including murder. MOO

I just listened to the 911 call and it is heartbreaking. Faye's mother sounds so frantic, God bless her! I cried for Faye's mother. After that, I clicked on DM to distract me from my sadness, and they had ST's pic staring me in the face! I know LE hasn't named him as the murderer of precious Faye, nevertheless I just wanted to punch him. I'm so mad.

On another note I tip my hat to the Cayce Police. Other PDs could learn a lot from them. I know it didn't turn out the way they hoped, but they were so methodical, professional, I really can't recall seeing another missing child investigation like it.

Fly with the Angels sweet Faye.

Applicable to any person, I think the keywords here would be no reported criminal history or criminal acts for which he/she was caught.

It is a pattern though for deviant perps to escalate to murder. Many child killers start with kiddie *advertiser censored* and move to other fantasies with children including murder. MOO

"for which he/she was caught" exactly. God knows what preceded this.

It just seems very odd that someone would jump from having no criminal activity to possibly being a murder suspect. That just doesn't normally happen. Even though everything so far is pointing at a single man, it seems weird.

He could have been watching her for a long time. He could have been watching child *advertiser censored* for a VERY long time. She was alone and he had an itch. Just because he was under the radar does not mean he wasn't a bad, evil, awful human being. His opportunity had not yet arisen. On Monday it did.

"for which he/she was caught" exactly. God knows what preceded this.

In order to assist with one of my children's activities, we were required to participate in an online training which was very disturbing (although I appreciate that they really want to make sure adults know what to watch out for). One takeaway was that child sex abusers are rarely caught their first time and that even though we screen sex offender registries, most are not listed on those. In fairness, it was mostly focused on warning about the type who become family friends or ingratiate themselves to a parent as this is still far and away the most common type of predator.

What happened to Faye is everyone's worst nightmare, the lurking stranger who doesn't unmask him/herself until it is too late.

FEB 14, 2020
Who is Coty Scott Taylor, man linked to Faye Swetlik death?
[...]

Cayce DPS Sgt. Evan Antley said Friday that Taylor did not have a criminal history and was "unknown" to law enforcement.

Taylor graduated from Bluffton High School in 2007, and later enrolled at The University of South Carolina Bluffton in the fall of 2007. He transferred to the Columbia campus in 2008. According to the university, he was a math major. Taylor withdrew in the spring of 2009, and there is no record of his graduation.

According to the corporate offices of Jimmy Johns, Taylor stopped working there in 2015.

2b80950d-f3e1-40cf-9b18-a3a623fcfd10_750x422.jpg

I'm not saying it doesn't happen, its just not as likely. Just saying it seems odd. Especially if he did have a roommate. It doesn't seem very thought out, it was almost like a spur of the moment thing just based on the information we have so far.

This is called a crime of opportunity. Doesn’t mean he wasn’t a deviant. Just not caught yet. There’s prob child *advertiser censored* and who knows what else. JMO

I'd like clarification from the Mods, since every thread is different. Sometimes we are allowed to roll with what MSM releases and other times, we can't assume or declare until the trial....

Moderator's recent post made it very clear that the deceased male shall not be sleuthed at this time.

@sillybilly said:
CT is the deceased male found. LE has not specified that he is either a POI or a suspect in Faye's death. Please do not sleuth him unless/until LE officially names him as the perpetrator.

He could have been watching her for a long time. He could have been watching child *advertiser censored* for a VERY long time. She was alone and he had an itch. Just because he was under the radar does not mean he wasn't a bad, evil, awful human being. His opportunity had not yet arisen. On Monday it did.

I wonder if they will do computer forensics on his computer, tv and wireless devices. Much can be gleaned about a person just from checking their history. they would know immediately that I read WebSlueths and watch the ID channel. ;)

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

Seriously, it's not that difficult given this has been a very long standing WS rule/TOS. Also, I think Mods recent post was also very clear. When it comes directly from LE, it will be a fact. MOO

@sillybilly said:
CT is the deceased male found. LE has not specified that he is either a POI or a suspect in Faye's death. Please do not sleuth him unless/until LE officially names him as the perpetrator.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't catch up with every post, sorry. Has there been any medical examiner info about Faye's time of death? I know they haven't released the man's TOD. I would hate, hate to think that she was kept alive for those three days because I'm sure she would have been brutalized during that time. JMO and I know this man is not yet necessarily the suspect.

I've lived all my life in a NYC apartment. I don't have a front yard. My daughter is 38 now, and my grandkids are 15, 7 and 5. I never took my eyes off any of them in the playground, store or anywhere. Etan Patz changed everything here, because my sister and I went everywhere in our Manhattan neighborhood when we were young, without parents. Adam Walsh, too. He died when I was pregnant and so I learned from that to never take my eyes off in any setting.

My sister does have a big suburban home and never left her daughter without supervision, even when she was riding her bike on the block or playing in the front or back yards. This is also post-Etan Patz. I'm assuming it's different in a rural town? Where you know everyone, maybe? Not blaming the mother! Just trying to understand the culture of allowing small children to play in the yard for an hour without an adult sitting outside. I know I've been a helicopter parent, which also has negative aspects, but it's my fear of the one instant like this that formed me this way. To reiterate, my heart dies for the family and I am not casting aspersions, just trying to understand cultural or regional differences.

I wonder if they will do computer forensics on his computer, tv and wireless devices. Much can be gleaned about a person just from checking their history. they would know immediately that I read WebSlueths and watch the ID channel. ;)
My guess is they are waiting on DNA testing before saying anything about him, other than wanting people to come forward about his movements since he himself cannot be interviewed at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong