Found Deceased SC - Faye Marie Swetlik, 6, Cayce, 10 Feb 2020 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brittany Breeding on Twitter
A memorial has been set up for Faye Swetlik at the entrance to her neighborhood @wachfox @Cayce_DPS #FayeMarieSwetlik
EQsDDjnXsAIq83F.jpg

5:09 PM - 13 Feb 2020

They should have issued the Amber Alert after the first day when she wasn’t found. She didn’t just vanish into thin air, foul play is a given.

You cannot issue an Amber Alert if you do not have a suspect to tell people to look for. A car and a description of the suspect. Those just happen to be two of the criteria for issuing one whether good or bad. Just because an Amber Alert wasn’t issued doesn’t mean a missing child alert wasn’t sent out to the media or other LE agencies and it certainly was in this case. I agree foul play was a given but it appears to have been caused by a neighbor. LE was looking in the right place.

The Daily Mail has reported that the deceased man is an adult.
Also, "authorities gave an update on the investigation Thursday morning. At that time, police said they had towed two cars from the home where the child lived.

Sgt Evan Antley with the Cayce Department of Public Safety confirmed that the vehicles were removed from the home but didn't share details of anything that 'may or may not have been found in those vehicles'."
Missing South Carolina six-year-old Faye Swetlik found dead | Daily Mail Online

Maybe let’s all take a deep breath. We all care about victims & justice. MSM reports fast, uses imperfect verbiage & confuses the public/us. Let’s just make corrections/ clarification with a side of slack. We’re all a little raw here. Jmvho

I have edited my post to an apology , I did read it at the link provided. I think I need to take a break. I'm sorry.

It's at the bottom of the sixth paragraph. I missed it too, but I went back to the Timeline and saw two vehicles being towed. That link didn't indicate it was from Faye's house, so I'm curious whether that was so or not. Edited for spelling.

Not to worry. As a longtime reader of the DM, I can attest this publication is famous for updating their stories multiple times per day! The initial story reported on two vehicles that were seen in the neighborhood that investigators wanted to identify the owners -- and later revised article to added the two vehicles towed. (I'm from UK - please don't hold my reading DM against me! ;))..

I don't know how reliable this publication is.
"
Faye’s body was reportedly found at the home of a man who lives in her neighborhood, although authorities did not say whether that man was the same individual whose body they found. He has not yet been named, and police have not said how he died, or whether he is suspected of killing Faye.

Read more: Missing Faye Swetlik, 6, found murdered near body of male neighbor | Metro News

Twitter: Metro (@MetroUK) | Twitter | Facebook: Metro"
Missing Faye Swetlik, 6, found murdered near body of male neighbor | Metro News

Briana Harper on Twitter
We just went by the home of #FayeSwetlik’s father in Rowan Co. I’m not sure when this note was posted on the front door but it reads “{We} are in South Carolina to help with the search”
Please continue to keep this family in your prayers @wcnc
1f64f-1f3fd.png

EQr-0-BWsAYh_YP.jpg

4:50 PM - 13 Feb 2020
I can't recall if it was a reporter's tweet or FB reply but I did read that Dad traveled to Cayce Monday night as soon as he was notified this his child was missing. Lifting her entire family in prayer. I can't fathom anything worse in their lives.

I cannot imagine the level of aggravation one may encounter on Facebook. I don't have a profile. Individuals always make comments about how a family is raising their children after cases like this. Anyone can experience their child going missing, even the most cautious paranoid of parents, because all it takes is one quick distraction and the child is gone. Also before judging, consider all the factors that go into parenting, family structure, financial circumstances, etc Parental worries and concerns also differ among race, so very complex topic. Also the world is made up of random events. There are more than enough sick individuals on the hunt for human weakness.

So true. It seems women are quick to judge, often saying, “I would never....”, but we all do things our way. Over the years we’ve seen kids snatched from their yard with others nearby. Recently 2-3 kids abducted while out with a parent. The perp must experience an uncontrollable desire to hunt & kill, going to great lengths to satisfy their sick desires.
Kids should be able to play, walk to a friend’s, visit with a neighbor, learn socialization, independence, etc.
Idk how women with several kids can be in the house feeding a baby, overseeing a toddler & managing an older child wanting to play outside.
Moo

Briana Harper on Twitter
We just went by the home of #FayeSwetlik’s father in Rowan Co. I’m not sure when this note was posted on the front door but it reads “{We} are in South Carolina to help with the search”
Please continue to keep this family in your prayers @wcnc
1f64f-1f3fd.png

EQr-0-BWsAYh_YP.jpg

4:50 PM - 13 Feb 2020
DEAR GOD! Give the man a minute. He just lost his daughter.

DEAR GOD! Give the man a minute. He just lost his daughter.
Next a reporter will shove a microphone in the face of the mother and demand "How does it FEEL to lose your daughter?". It happens all the time. And the camera will zoom in to capture the tears produced by the reporter's question.

Oh poop!!! I was really hoping she just wandered off and would be found in no time!

RIP Faye. I'm sorry your time on Earth was so short.

@whitelilac that has actually been shown to make those perps even more aggressive and violent, and does not stop them from continuing to sexually assault people in other manners. But I totally understand your sentiment! Someone needs to pay....big time.

Whenever a perp kills themselves before justice can be meted out, I think it makes it harder on the family, in some ways. Yes, it's great that the family are spared the brutality of a trial, but I imagine that it also feels like they've also been cheated of seeing this horrible person brought to justice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member