Found Deceased SC - Faye Marie Swetlik, 6, Cayce, 10 Feb 2020 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unreal. Absolutely unreal.
Thank you for posting that view though. I had looked from satellite image and was wondering if it was as straight of a shot as it seemed. It was :(:oops:
I hate to ask this but someone point me to where I can find this? I tried looking in past pages. TIA!
Got it thanks Katz!

Last edited:
Apologies if this has been previously posted. It's a view of 602 Piccadilly Square that I hadn't seen before. There appears to be parkiing on the side next to Piccadilly Drive, which is one of the entrances into the subdivision where Faye lived.

Jacob Reynolds on Twitter

This appears to be the residence of Coty Taylor. Crime scene tape up and two law enforcement vehicles parked in front of the residence. .
@wltx

Wasn't his body found by his roommate? If so, the trash LE searched belonged to the residence. We still don't know if CT committed suicide.

JMO
That was rumour last night. We have to go by what LE has told us and at this point I believe them. We would also need a link to MSM for what you are asking. We will most likely know his cause of death in the next couple days, as LE said the autopsy would be tomorrow.

Fellow Sleuthers.....

I've been seeing A LOT of sleuthing type info about CT appearing here: photos, details of his life, his high school history, etc. This is sleuthing CT after the mods have clearly and repetitively said: DO NOT SLEUTH CT. This is the kind of thing that will get a thread locked down...lets not get the thread locked by posting banned info. I know a lot of you want to dive into his background but until he is formally named a suspect it's not permitted.

And trust me, you don't want SillyBilly coming back in here...

Out the back door of #602 into the woods appears to be just a few feet.
Unclear if there are any spot lights in the back of the apartments.
JMO.

I'm behind in posts but this really caught my attention.
... why?
Why would he have moved her out there?
Why not just leave her in the house if you're planning to do yourself in?

Attachments

• proxy.jpg
    proxy.jpg
    297.2 KB · Views: 106
""What we were doing was emptying trash cans and looking to see what came out before it was entered into the truck," he said. "As part of that search, we located a critical item of evidence related to our investigation of bringing Faye Swetlik home."

Antley would not say what the evidence was, but shared that it was found in a trash can belonging to Taylor's residence and that the item "would have been listed" on Swetlik's missing persons flyer.

"Based on that discovery we narrowed down an area that we felt as an investigative team that we needed to go back to and look for more evidence," he said. "Another methodical search of that area … even though we'd been there multiple times, we were going back."

According to Antley, Swetlik's body was located in a "wooded area between her residence and the Napa Auto Parts," where police held briefings earlier in the week."
The report also says that the coroner does not believe Faye's body had been there "for a very long time at all".

I'm guessing that the critical evidence that was found was an item of clothing or something the little girl was wearing which was described on her missing poster.

Police ID second body found in Faye Swetlik case

Can anyone speak to how it seems LE knew to close off and monitor neighborhood? They only searched a mile radius and it proved right. Is this normal or did they have a tip that caused this search radius.

This is a great point! I also wonder why the dogs didn't hit on her scent. jmo

Fellow Sleuthers.....

I've been seeing A LOT of sleuthing type info about CT appearing here: photos, details of his life, his high school history, etc. This is sleuthing CT after the mods have clearly and repetitively said: DO NOT SLEUTH CT. This is the kind of thing that will get a thread locked down...lets not get the thread locked by posting banned info. I know a lot of you want to dive into his background but until he is formally named a suspect it's not permitted.

And trust me, you don't want SillyBilly coming back in here...

Aren't the links to what is being reported in the media acceptable? Confused as to why some posts are being removed and some aren't. jmo

On another note SillyBilly will be coming back in here because we have a troll trying to stir things up, jmo.

I wish search/tracking dogs had gone along with LE to search for Faye, house by house. Maybe they would’ve been able to pick up her scent & alert to her presence when police initially searched CT’s home — assuming she was ever in his home, clearly.

I am praying TOD ends up being shortly after Faye disappeared. I think my heart will fall out if it turns out she was alive for days, enduring who knows what...

IF CT was revealed to be the perp, what would even be the purpose of sleuthing him now? Please listen to the mods and quit threatening to get this thread closed.

Sorry for being snippy, I'm still just sick over this whole thing... :(

Purely speculating, if you were going to commit suicide after murdering someone why would risk burying the person you murdered, especially knowing that LE was all over the area searching for the missing person you had murdered?
Someone speculated that possibly the finding of the Faye led to a suicide, that's what I'm thinking may have happened too.

I'm all over the place with this and just trying to understand. After today's presser, I'm thinking he had already put Faye in the woods figuring they had already searched the area and she would be safe there for bit of time. He knew they had already searched trash cans and probably figured it was clear to put an item or items in the trash for pick up Thursday during the early morning hours. He may have seen them searching the trash again Thursday and even possibly saw them find the piece of evidence from his window and that's what lead the the suicide. MOO

My heart is broken for her family, friends and community. It is apparent this is not something Cayce LE deals with routinely, and they are all taking it very hard. They did a phenomenal job on every level. While people are criticizing them not allowing volunteers to help with the search, I think there was a reason and now we are all seeing the reason. Please keep sweet Faye, her family and friends and the entire Cayce community in your prayers.

Listed on Missing Poster is: "wearing polka dot rain boots, a pink flowered skirt, and a black t-shirt with a neon design and the word PEACE written on the front." So it was one of these articles that was found in Taylor's trash according to the article linked in my post # 912.

I don't think they can rule out someone else being killer. Maybe CT was afraid of being arrested and killed himself. He might have had mental illness and fightened of detectives. Evidence can be planted as well. I know I watch too many crime shows.
I agree that's possible. Putting evidence in his own wheelie bin? I mean. He was reportedly a clever guy so that just doesn't jibe.
But then Donald Smith took Cherish knowing there would be hours of CCTV footage of him with her and walking out of Walmart with her, and seemed to make very little effort to hide what he'd done afterwards. Perps sometimes dont even care about their own lives I guess.

I'm behind in posts but this really caught my attention.
... why?
Why would he have moved her out there?
Why not just leave her in the house if you're planning to do yourself in?
What if they were desperate, moved her out there to a place that had already been searched, just temporarily, they thought, hoping the heat would be off the next day and they could dump her for good in some river or gorge.
Just reading between the lines in the presser, I think it all happened very quickly, IMO. 1) evidence in bin 2) find her body 3) find his body. My own opinion: The officer seemed to imply that they were already planning to search that woods area again, that there were 2 groups of officers, one on the garbage detail, one planning the various areas to re-search. I bet we find in the end that it all came down so very quickly. That woody area was just off the back of the apartment building.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni