Found Deceased SC - Faye Marie Swetlik, 6, Cayce, 10 Feb 2020 #4

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Gardenista, Feb 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ModernMrsDarcy

ModernMrsDarcy Well-Known Member

I agree. And LE would also not have told the public there was no danger to the community. MOO

2. Oregonmama

Oregonmama Well-Known Member

The date will be confirmed in the autopsy report. JMO

3. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

fyi, a lot of the mass murderers of late have been known as gifted students, iirc the CO theatre shooter was in a PhD program, CL killer was in med school......just sayin’, smart people also kill. Moo

watcher9, LolaBerra, MemPat and 12 others like this.
  4. Irmese

Irmese Well-Known Member

I doubt if he was under surveillance. If so, they would have caught him placing the body where it was. I don't think they had any idea it was him until they found the item in 602's garbage can. ETA: There were up to 250 LE personnel on site at times. If he had refused LE entry to his apartment or gave them some idea he was involved, they would have surveilled him.

watcher9 and auggieandchip like this.
  5. boomburger

boomburger Well-Known Member

Yeah well they're a business and if compassion was a factor every murder victim would have a fully paid funeral service. Most families of murdered loved ones have to foot the bill. Faye's case has captivated the entire state.

Lynetta, Melrose, danielkk and 5 others like this.
  6. stephlovescheese

stephlovescheese Well-Known Member

I noticed that too. I haven’t read every single post but the February 10 date was news to me. I haven’t heard an official date of death. I believe autopsy results will be available tomorrow.
    I agree- may God wrap his loving arms around her family.

7. StarryStarryNight

StarryStarryNight Well-Known Member

Interesting the obituary says she passed away on February 10th. I would think the family would be privy to certain information from the autopsy. This perhaps puts an end to speculation that she was kept alive until when her body was discovered.
    RIP Sweet Faye.

8. ModernMrsDarcy

ModernMrsDarcy Well-Known Member

Agreed. And in this case if he was acting on opportunity and impulse, he might not have been making the most thought-out decisions for a perfect crime. MOO

Mckinseynana, Silentob52 and RL2 like this.
  9. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

OBITUARY
    Faye Marie Swetlik
    June 13, 2013 – February 10, 2020
    Faye Marie Swetlik was born on June 13, 2013 and passed away on February 10, 2020.

[​IMG]

10. boomburger

Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold were straight A students too before shooting up Columbine.

11. justwannahelp

justwannahelp Well-Known Member

nothing is off the table yet. Stranger things have happened. So your theory definitely isn’t crazy.

The whole community isn’t in danger statement doesn’t fit with that theory though. And neither does their not prioritizing her autopsy.

as for Intelligence. Lots of killers are smart. But i agree that this wasn’t well thought out, if at all. If he was indeed smart, he obviously didn’t plan. He acted on pure evil impulse.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
  12. boomburger

If an autopsy cant tell the time of death they just state the day the victim was found to be the time of death. Makes me think they have evidence during autopsy to believe Faye was murdered soon after she was taken. Strangers who abduct children almost always murder their victims within hours of their kidnapping so not too surprising.

13. Irmese

Irmese Well-Known Member

My gut tells me differently.

LolaBerra, mrsu, Jo in Calif and 20 others like this.
  14. pinsandneedlezzz

pinsandneedlezzz Active Member

Yes of course! Killers come from all IQs. Just saying this case specifically, killer seems kind of dumb to me, it sounds like he acted on impulse and didn’t plan what he would do to cover his tracks. That doesn’t match my impression of what CT was like.

I have no idea why LE would have said the community wasn’t at danger if he wasn’t the killer, don’t have an answer for that one. This is just what my gut is telling me, I could be totally wrong!

15. Oregonmama

Oregonmama Well-Known Member

High profile or not, many funeral homes donate their services. Talking about making up their profit later from a sincere gesture is wrong. JMO

ScotAng, Jax49, rkendmar and 9 others like this.
  16. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

It is a family's choice to use the date of disappearance when the date of death can't be pinpointed or isn't available yet. Happens all the time. In one memorial service I attended, they simply used the month and didn't specify a date at all. MOO

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
    watcher9, pepper 34, MemPat and 18 others like this.
  17. justwannahelp

Good points.

18. justwannahelp

I didn’t know this. So sad that some families of kidnapped and murdered victims have to put only the month. It’s something i never thought about until today. Just so so sad :(

Lynetta, MemPat, rkendmar and 9 others like this.
  19. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

It seems the only way to truly avoid abductions from a yard is to never allow young children to play unsupervised. We don’t know what lurks around the corner or might drive past. A lot of us grew up hearing “get outside & get some fresh air”, lol and we’d stay gone all day, running between houses, walking to the local drug store for candy, riding our bikes to the park, etc. when I was a child the TV was rarely ever on, we were always outside.
    We know of countless abductions, even older kids (Sierra LaMar/teen at bus stop). Most times the victim is alone.

Moo

20. pinsandneedlezzz

pinsandneedlezzz Active Member

Really wish we were getting autopsy results today. Lack of new info just fuels the rumor mills, which doesn't help anyone. Not directing this comment at anyone in particular here. I'm local so EVERYONE on my SM is talking about this and regurgitating rumors that are 100% speculation. I get that everyone wants justice and answers to this unbelievable tragedy, but the rumors just muddy the waters and make it harder for everyone involved.

MemPat, rkendmar, abr and 14 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.