Found Deceased SC - Faye Marie Swetlik, 6, Cayce, 10 Feb 2020 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you. Looks like it's still a work in progress. Here is the updated version:

OBITUARY

Faye Marie Swetlik

Born June 13, 2013

faye-swetlik-lexington-sc-obituary.jpg

Faye Marie Swetlik was born on June 13, 2013.

21 February
Memorial Service

7:00 pm

Trinity Baptist Church
2003 Charleston Highway
Cayce, South Carolina

Faye Swetlik Obituary - Lexington, SC
That is such a beautiful, vibrant photo they included of Faye. There are some really beautiful poems posted as well. Brought tears to my eyes.

CT has been linked but is he a suspect? Why hasn't LE announced a suspect? Circumstantial evidence or is LE looking for direct evidence such as DNA, finger prints or clothing fibers?

Book smarts do not equal street smarts or common sense. At all. One can read about something all you want, but doing it is something different. I agree with you that he very likely acted on impulse and had no plan afterwards - however you say that doesn't match your impression of what he was like - do you know him? Again, I think it's much more likely someone like him, dropped out of college, could be smart but have no idea how to navigate the complexities of a murder. Now if he had a long jail record with a track record of being savvy with LE and investigations, I would agree. But to me he seems just the type to not have thought things through all the way beyond the theoretical.

Of course, if he is the killer. Which seems highly likely.

On a separate note, I am just heartbroken at the outcome. Not surprised. My mind immediately went to neighbor and an opportunistic crime.

P.S. - Also regarding him looking like the sketch or not, often times they don't. Second of all, the sketch is not what led to his arrest, it was other evidence so I wouldn't assume it was NOT him because the age is slightly off.

I don't know him, but I do have some mutual acquaintances since I'm local and in the same age group. I have reasons I won't discuss here that do shape my opinion further, but that's more hearsay. The autopsy will say a lot, and I'm hoping they have enough evidence to definitively answer some of these questions.

I know many in this discussion and all over the internet have already written CT off as the perp and may see my responses as defending the man who killed Faye. I am absolutely not denying the possibility that he could be behind this, and if he is, I'll feel nothing but disgust for him. But I am frustrated at how many people are jumping to conclusions. People swore up and down SC was involved at the beginning, and we see how that theory panned out. We just don't know.

I grieve for Faye and her family. I also grieve for CT's family, even moreso if the rumors about his involvement are not true.

This may start off sounding off the wall and I'm well aware but it's been in my head literally since the press conference Friday. So I have to get it out and I ask that you just stick with me through the weird beginning to the meat and potatoes.

For some reason this is making me think of the TV show Evil and very specifically of how they've shown Leland Townsend manipulating people into doing things they probably wouldn't otherwise under the guise of therapy and support. If you watch the show you may be able to pinpoint the exact storyline that I am thinking of the most. But all that combined with the wording at the PC and the 2 bodies makes me really feel there is something that not only we don't know but that is relatively a "big shock". I wouldn't be at all surprised to find out that even if CT was the perp that there is at least one third person that is somehow involved. Be it directly or via encouragement. Possibly even someone not local that he met online playing a game or on a message board.

Of course this is all just my opinion and not fact. Nor am I saying this makes CT innocent or guilty. We won't know more about that until Tuesday. But there was a lot in that press conference Friday that was said, unsaid, and read between the lines that makes me feel it's a legitimate possibility.

I don't know him, but I do have some mutual acquaintances since I'm local and in the same age group. I have reasons I won't discuss here that do shape my opinion further, but that's more hearsay. The autopsy will say a lot, and I'm hoping they have enough evidence to definitively answer some of these questions.

I know many in this discussion and all over the internet have already written CT off as the perp and may see my responses as defending the man who killed Faye. I am absolutely not denying the possibility that he could be behind this, and if he is, I'll feel nothing but disgust for him. But I am frustrated at how many people are jumping to conclusions. People swore up and down SC was involved at the beginning, and we see how that theory panned out. We just don't know.

I grieve for Faye and her family. I also grieve for CT's family, even moreso if the rumors about his involvement are not true.

I definitely understand your position better. Thank you for explaining. I also see that you are new here and I understand your frustration that it seems people are jumping to conclusions, especially since you have a bit of an insider perspective...but this is a sleuthing forum - trying to find answers and jumping from the facts we have to speculate is what we do! But you're right...we don't know. Kudos to you for refraining from judgement. I know personally I like to connect the dots to what seems like the most logical conclusion.

Also, I am sorry for you and the community for the tragedy that you are going through. May you all find healing.

This may start off sounding off the wall and I'm well aware but it's been in my head literally since the press conference Friday. So I have to get it out and I ask that you just stick with me through the weird beginning to the meat and potatoes.

For some reason this is making me think of the TV show Evil and very specifically of how they've shown Leland Townsend manipulating people into doing things they probably wouldn't otherwise under the guise of therapy and support. If you watch the show you may be able to pinpoint the exact storyline that I am thinking of the most. But all that combined with the wording at the PC and the 2 bodies makes me really feel there is something that not only we don't know but that is relatively a "big shock". I wouldn't be at all surprised to find out that even if CT was the perp that there is at least one third person that is somehow involved. Be it directly or via encouragement. Possibly even someone not local that he met online playing a game or on a message board.

Of course this is all just my opinion and not fact. Nor am I saying this makes CT innocent or guilty. We won't know more about that until Tuesday. But there was a lot in that press conference Friday that was said, unsaid, and read between the lines that makes me feel it's a legitimate possibility.
Plausible theory. I personally think it was a thrill kill but I could be wrong. JMO

Plausible theory. I personally think it was a thrill kill but I could be wrong. JMO

The only thing that gives me pause on that is if he did commit suicide. Which we don't really know. Sure it's possible if he did and saw the police find things he could be a chicken. But I just don't know. We will either find out tomorrow or find out enough to rule some things out.

The only thing that gives me pause on that is if he did commit suicide. Which we don't really know. Sure it's possible if he did and saw the police find things he could be a chicken. But I just don't know. We will either find out tomorrow or find out enough to rule some things out.
Not many ppl want to go to jail or prison especially when a crime was committed against a child. That is why I think anything can be on the table . JMO

Hopefully tomorrow's PC will shed some light on what happened here, and CT's involvement in it.

It's hard. None of us are dummys, and the simple math here would indicate that we already know the name of wee Faye's killer.

But the reality is, all that we know is she has been found deceased, that she had not been in the woods long, and the resident at a location where an item of her was retrieved was also found dead shortly after she was.

With those very few facts at hand - we could extrapolate endless scenarios, and some of those scenarios do not have Faye Marie Swetlik perishing at the hands of CT.

I give everyone who is considering those scenarios mad props. There is SO MUCH that we don't know that could turn what seems obvious on it's head. We are here because we are curious, thoughtful people who are willing to explore multiple possibilities with minimal information.

Keep on keeping on, glorious humans. <3

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members