Found Deceased SC - Faye Marie Swetlik, 6, Cayce, 10 Feb 2020 #4

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Gardenista, Feb 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

idk, I ignore donation sites to keep my blood pressure in check. I’ve looked at too many with ridiculous wants, things totally unrelated to the issue at hand. Moo

2. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

Cody Alcorn on Twitter
    A vigil will be held following a news conference in the homicide of #FayeSwetlik. It's going to be a tough day as we learn the horrific act done to Faye back on Monday, February 10.
    5:14 PM - 17 Feb 2020

(For details of the vigil, please see post #709)

3. UnderstandBlue

UnderstandBlue Well-Known Member

Agree. When I first moved here, I lived in a really nice apartment complex and was introduced to the "density crime" phenomenon - came out to find my car on cinderblocks and all four wheels and tires gone. "Busy" parking lots don't mean safe parking lots. Wherever there is density, crime follows, just by the numbers - when you have 400 cars to pick from, that's easier work than two cars in a driveway.

And we didn't really get to know our neighbors or their vehicles - it would have been very hard to see patterns. We got tricked into an Amway presentation by a neighbor supposedly inviting us over for happy hour, so you truly never know who is living next to you for 6 months at a time. Thankfully that was the worst that we saw, but I'm sure there were things happening that were worse. A complex not too far away hosted a mom/baby abduction in December in broad daylight. People hide in plain sight.

4. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

yup, Heidi B. I think a lot of people are so busy with their phone, they notice nothing. I detest the phone & notice my surroundings. Complexes around me pose a huge risk to children from the in & out traffic, most vehicles exceeding the suggested speed limit. I can’t think of any with play space in the front. I guess it must be taxing to raise children in multi family complexes due to sharing yards.
    Idk how a parent might establish a boundary without a fence or separation between houses. Jmo

5. pinsandneedlezzz

pinsandneedlezzz Active Member

I may, depending on how the work week goes. Might have to work late Friday so that will probably be the deciding factor.

6. PommyMommy

FEB 17, 2020
    Faye Swetlik public memorial service announced
    1. A public memorial service for Faye will be held at 7 p.m. this Friday at Trinity Baptist Church, 2003 Charleston Highway in Cayce.
    2. The family is asking those attending to wear bright colors in her honor. Her favorite colors were pink and purple.
    3. A separate private wake and funeral is also being planned.
    4. A memorial and a guest book has been placed at The Caughman-Harman Funeral Home - Lexington Chapel located at 503 North Lake Drive. Anyone who would like to stop in to sign the guestbook may do so.
    5. The City of Cayce will host a community candlelight vigil on Tuesday, February 18 at 5:30 p.m. on the City Hall front lawn, 1800 12th Street. The vigil will last 30 minutes and candles will be provided.
    6. The autopsy results will be released Tuesday at 3 p.m. at a news conference.

7. bestill

bestill It's a Disney Day for SC Inmate 00378074

8. CarolinaAsh

CarolinaAsh Well-Known Member

I'm not close enough to go but I think I'll wear pink or purple Friday in her honor.

9. rocket

rocket Pluviophile

I love that idea!

10. PommyMommy

That's exactly what I'm doing. I might also try a waffle dipped in butter. :) MOO

11. CarolinaAsh

CarolinaAsh Well-Known Member

Oh you know what... I put waffles for dinner on the menu this week and didn't even think about that!

12. Queencitylaydee

Queencitylaydee Well-Known Member

I pass the memorial 4 days out of the week,on my commute...it is a tragic reminder of the innocence lost. I will wear a bright color in support, but I'm not sure if I will attend the vigil.

13. PommyMommy

Matt Dowell on Twitter (Video)
    Ahead of their game vs Vanderbilt, @GamecockWBB takes a moment of silence for 6-year old Faye Swetlik @wachfox
    6:58 PM - 17 Feb 2020

Cam Gaskins on Twitter
    .@GamecockWBB opens tonight’s game with a moment of silence for Faye Swetlik, and the teams is joined by first responders and investigators involved with the case for the national anthem
    [​IMG]
    6:59 PM - 17 Feb 2020

I love seeing her photo up on the scoreboard. :)

14. KatzEye

KatzEye Well-Known Member

Classy move by USC Gamecocks. Reverence. JMO

15. Lillymac

Lillymac Well-Known Member

I noticed while looking at a map posted here that Waffle House was right by Wingstop. :(

16. SpanishInquisition

SpanishInquisition Well-Known Member

17. KatzEye

KatzEye Well-Known Member

In the video, reporter says Faye's family asks anyone planning on placing stuffed animals at the memorial site - please instead donate those to Prisma Children's Hospital.

18. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

I hope they request the same for monetary donations. Since Faye’s funeral is a gift, I think it’d be nice for donations to go to a charity, maybe the Humane Society. Faye reportedly loved cats. Moo

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
    superbee, MsBetsy, MissMalowe and 5 others like this.
  19. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

News 19 WLTX Feb 17, 2020

Six-year-old Faye Swetlik was first reported missing around 5pm on February 10th from her Churchill Heights neighborhood in Cayce.

20. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

From link: bbm

COLUMBIA, S.C. — The investigation into the homicide of six-year-old Faye Swetlik is still active and will likely receive a major update Tuesday, when law enforcement reveals autopsy results.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.