Found Deceased SC - Faye Marie Swetlik, 6, Cayce, 10 Feb 2020 #4

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Gardenista, Feb 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MyBelle

MyBelle Well-Known Member

His car may have been one of the two seen leaving the neighborhood. If that's the case, he knew it would be searched if he returned it to the neighborhood. I wonder if he parked it near the Napa parts store and that's why he disposed her body in the woods.

JMO

2. MissMalowe

MissMalowe Well-Known Member

Like many, I still have questions/wonder about some things, but at least we were given more info than in the Lucas Hernandez case (dads girlfriend ended up shooting herself a few days after leading a PI to his little body)

ScotAng, superbee, MsBetsy and 3 others like this.
  3. UnderstandBlue

UnderstandBlue Well-Known Member

I just have to say - having just caught up on the PC, what outstanding work it appears they did to find her and her killer.

Flurries, ScotAng, Roxtrope and 21 others like this.
  4. Irmese

Irmese Well-Known Member

<snipped by me for focus>
    1) LE had searched the trash bins on Wednesday and perhaps he assumed they would not look at the trash on Thursday (the regular garbage pick up day.
    2) I think that him still having one of Faye's boots was an accident on his part. Perhaps it fell off her body into the 'bag' with which she had been transported.
    JMO[/QUOTE]
    Agree with your assessment, rkendmar.

watcher9, Mommy2411, superbee and 9 others like this.
  5. gngr~snap

gngr~snap Verified Pediatric Nurse Georgia

I have goosebumps!
    Gotta agree with ya.
    MOO

watcher9, superbee, abr and 6 others like this.
  6. JohnnyChicago

JohnnyChicago Former Member

Wondering at what point in the investigation the media will attempt to contact the family of Coty Taylor.... Or if they will attempt to get an official statement from CT's roommate on the matter?

7. NoSI

NoSI Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

watcher9, katydid23, TRB and 14 others like this.
  8. Angleterre

Angleterre Verified Law Enforcement England

What day would the trash be collected? One of the reasons that crossed my mind would be if the trash was due for collection the following day and CT thought that it would be taken before LE got to search it... JMOO and supposition

watcher9 and Kittybunny like this.
  9. Peppery

Peppery Well-Known Member

When police searched his house approximately 48 hours after her death, would there be an odor yet?

I’m truly hoping the DNA evidence linking Faye to the residence is maybe hair or the release of bowel control or other fluids after death and not SA. They said asphyxiation not strangulation, but maybe his DNA was on her neck? I remember from the Watts case that smothering with fabric can sometimes leave fibers in the lungs. I can hope but I know how unlikely that is.

Do we know if the body was concealed in some way? In a duffle bag or wrapped in a sheet? Even if he moved her in the middle of the night, there were people constantly on the lookout and he couldn’t just carry her openly, could he?

watcher9, JudgeJoe and LittleBitty like this.
  10. KatzEye

KatzEye Well-Known Member

Hopefully, if CT owned a vehicle (we don't know), that vehicle will be forensically torn apart. JMOO

11. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

Thanks -- B Snellgrove said he was deceased and I was questioning your initial post that stated he was alive on the patio.

12. JohnnyChicago

JohnnyChicago Former Member

Grey sedan! Close enough to silver to me. This definitely needs to be further investigated in association with CT.
    The suspect must have some major self confidence to attempt to abduct 3 children by himself.

watcher9, beth272, superbee and 7 others like this.
  13. UnderstandBlue

UnderstandBlue Well-Known Member

And they said she was placed in the woods Thursday under cover of darkness. I wonder where her body was since he consented to a search of his home? Awful.

watcher9, superbee and sf618b like this.
  14. mrsu

mrsu Well-Known Member

<snipped by me for focus>
    1) LE had searched the trash bins on Wednesday and perhaps he assumed they would not look at the trash on Thursday (the regular garbage pick up day.
    2) I think that him still having one of Faye's boots was an accident on his part. Perhaps it fell off her body into the 'bag' with which she had been transported.
    JMO[/QUOTE]

Because killers honestly just aren’t as smart as we think they are. He prob thought since the trash had already been searched previously that he would toss it out just hours before the garbage truck came and nobody would know any better. Most likely thought they would find her body first and the trash would already be gone and that he was outsmarting them and getting away with it. Criminals do dumb stuff every day.

watcher9, katydid23, wary and 8 others like this.
  15. NuttMegg

NuttMegg Ashley Johnson-Barr murdered at age 10 in Alaska

And, if it's true that a room mate was coming back, there couldn't be anything of hers in the apt.

watcher9, Mommy2411, superbee and 3 others like this.
  16. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

Bria Bell on Twitter
    A candlelight vigil for Faye Swetlik is about to start outside Cayce Council Chambers. Crowds are forming as it starts to drizzle - everything will still go on as planned even if it continues to rain.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    5:22 PM - 18 Feb 2020

HayLouise, watcher9, Alcina and 11 others like this.
  17. Arkay

Arkay Well-Known Member

This may very well be true. That would lead me to think that his actions were impulsive and not well thought out. He didn't seem to have an exit plan, unlike the kidnapper of Jayme Closs who seems to have planned it all out in advance. Although CT's timing would have to be remarkable to snatch her just when she was briefly alone and while his roommate was away. Anything is a possibility for a diseased mind. Unless the roommate or CT's family have any clues, I don't think we will know.

I sincerely ache for CT's family, too. The disintegration of your own child is not easy to bear, nor the disgrace, and they were likely unaware of how terribly his mind was malfunctioning.

18. MyBelle

MyBelle Well-Known Member

This could be why this investigation is still open.

watcher9, Mommy2411, wary and 9 others like this.
  19. bestill

bestill It's a Disney Day for SC Inmate 00378074

I just got home from work and am trying to catch up. I agree with @janewall these post are exactly my thoughts adding that I am so relieved that her family doesn't have to sit through a trial and hear it over and over again.

Not to take away from sweet Faye, but I remember the heartfelt post from Terry Elvis sent to our WS private group, about waiting years for justice for his missing daughter Heather, sitting through several trials, hearing the guilty verdicts and sentencing, and knowing they will be going to prison - but nothing brings Heather back, The lost, empty feeling because all of the years since she went missing they waited for their day in court and then it comes and nothing changes the facts - she's not coming back.

ETA All of this is Sad! Sad! Sad!

Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
    watcher9, Roxtrope, beth272 and 14 others like this.
  20. PayrollNerd

PayrollNerd Well-Known Member

He worked in a restaurant and likely was a key holder, right? They have big refrigerator / freezers, big bags and big cardboard boxes. And sweet little Faye was just a tiny girl. I wonder if they investigated that restaurants storage areas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.