Found Deceased SC - Faye Marie Swetlik, 6, Cayce, 10 Feb 2020 #4

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Gardenista, Feb 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. helpfulcharlie

helpfulcharlie Probably not the real Chuck Finley

I remember when I was a young juvenile delinquent living in apartments. I always knew about nooks and crannies where I could hide things I didn't want to get caught with at home. Most of them don't look like they apply here, but the point is someone with a devious mind will find places to hide things. And at the time of the original searches they were probably not doing full, exhaustive searches, just cursory searches, looking for obvious signs, clues, evidence, probable cause.

2. Meloni88

Meloni88 Well-Known Member

Rotted his brain smoking too much weed I'd bet. Compounded by sleep deprivation from gaming addiction maybe. JMO. I've seen this plenty of times with people our age. Or was already suicidal and wanted to inflict maximum damage before doing it. Changed his mind when it looked like he could get away with it and then it fell down so back to plan A.

3. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

Did you read this before posting? First, it was 8 years ago and second, this suspect is believed Hispanic and nowhere near the age 22 (CT's age 8 years ago).:eek:

You can always self-report and request a Moderator delete post for you.

4. PayrollNerd

PayrollNerd Well-Known Member

Which is why I think he used a freezer.... no odor, east to transport in a duffle bag or food box, nobody is going to root around the bottom of a freezer, and look in a box that looks like food.

watcher9, Doghairrules and Seenit like this.
  5. Irmese

Irmese Well-Known Member

Don't think so. If he sped off to a remote area, he wouldn't have had time to walk home. Why would he have brought her body back to the neighborhood? On foot? He'd be seen carrying her. In his car? LE would have stopped him.

ScotAng, watcher9, pepper 34 and 4 others like this.
  6. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

Not many neighborhoods can be so easily managed. We don’t know if LE did get tips from within the neighborhood, they could have received a vague “I saw....but can’t really remember...”, giving them reason to suspect the perp was from the neighborhood. Moo

7. pinsandneedlezzz

pinsandneedlezzz Active Member

Sounds like he was heavily involved in the League of Legends community on reddit. Have a feeling there's a lot of overlap between that community and the incel community, though I didn't see him posting or commenting over there on his page. He could have easily had another account though. I'm guessing he was depressed and had very low self esteem his whole life, my guess is that that plus a gaming addiction led to him dropping out of college. I wonder if he self harmed by cutting. That would make him slitting his own throat make more sense.

Such a tragedy for poor Faye, her family, and her community. I am so heartbroken.

momsof3, watcher9, sallye818 and 10 others like this.
  8. Irmese

Irmese Well-Known Member

Don't think so. If he sped off to a remote area, he wouldn't have had time to walk home. Why would he have brought her body back to the neighborhood? On foot? He'd be seen carrying her. In his car? LE would have stopped him.

rkendmar likes this.
  9. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

did LE check every car trunk entering? Of course he didn’t walk carrying a corpse. He could have walked home Monday evening, that isn’t a violation. Wednesday he could have brought his car home. Speculation.

Seenit likes this.
  10. Leigh924

Leigh924 Well-Known Member

I still can't get past how he played it so cool during the interview on Wednesday, knowing full well he was the murderer, and didn't appear nervous or anxious as they looked around his residence/the crime scene. How did he do that? This wasn't his first offense and he had gotten very good at lying and concealing? Except he didn't know the community and Cayce LE would come out in fast force like they did. He unraveled after that interview/search. I'd like to see his secret online postings/activity and what was his behavior like last week? Did he miss work M-W? So many questions.

11. Inthedetails

Inthedetails Well-Known Member

Was the perp currently employed? Was he showing up for work while all this was going on?

jmo

travelbug, watcher9, HulaMum and 5 others like this.
  12. HaikuMommy

HaikuMommy Well-Known Member

Yes! It also could have been left in the woods alongside her body. Either he wasn't too bright, or he was panicking. I think he brought her body out in a trash bag (maybe even with trash on top of her body?). Then afterward he could continue on to the trash can and still look like he was just taking out a bag of trash. After a rushed and feeble attempt at burial where he was expecting to be caught any moment, he dropped off the bag containing the ladle, the boot that came off in the bag, and the rest of the trash in the can before going inside. That's my guess. Definitely not the sharpest criminal. Regardless WHY it was there, the fresh dirt is why the police knew to go check the woods ASAP.

travelbug, watcher9, rkendmar and 4 others like this.
  13. Rachelled89

Rachelled89 Member

Not surprised he didn't run. IMO he was probably a narcissist who still thought he had a chance of getting away with it.He put evidence in the trash can thinking that the investigators had already searched it. When he finally figured out that he was caught, he took the quickest cowardly way out, *JMO*

14. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

Miranda Parnell WIS on Twitter
    #FayeSwetlik’s principal is speaking. She tells us how Faye would bounce into breakfast every morning with a bright, wide-eyed smile. @wis10
    [​IMG]
    5:53 PM - 18 Feb 2020

Rochelle Dean TV on Twitter
    @AlexisFrazierTV is covering the ongoing candlelight vigil for #fayeswetlik outside @CityofCayce city hall. Mayor Elise Partin "What happened was unspeakable but that's not all we saw. We saw who we are in the worst of times. What we saw was also alot of good in the community "
    [​IMG]
    5:57 PM - 18 Feb 2020

15. PommyMommy

16. Inthedetails

Inthedetails Well-Known Member

I hear ya, but I don't think he was a narcissist. I think there was a combination of things going on: panic, self-loathing, assurance he would be caught, fear of prison, and perhaps shame knowing his family would be devastated. I think he thought very low of himself, not like a narc who feels superior to others.

jmopinion

17. UnderstandBlue

UnderstandBlue Well-Known Member

But how would he know that? Assuming he's a first time offender, you'd think that would be pretty darn brave or nervewracking to invite anyone to step one foot into a space you had your first murder victim's body hidden. I guess assuming the opposite, that he'd offended before, maybe he wouldn't worry they'd find her, given what you said.

I find it puzzling either way. I think depending on which way it goes, we might gain some insight onto whether or not this was his first rodeo.

18. PommyMommy

19. simlyme

simlyme member since 04/2009

This was before she was found. It sounds so eerie , like they already knew something.
    Search effort to 'bring Faye home' continues, 1 of 2 vehicles sought located

"We can't share details of what may or may not have been found," Antley said. "We have to keep some parts of this investigation under wraps."

Investigators have been observed at a nearby landfill, and stopping trash collection trucks in the neighborhood.

"In an investigation like this, we are leaving no stone unturned," Antley said. " We are looking for even the smallest piece of evidence that could point us in the direction of bringing Faye home. Whether we find that in back yard of residence, whether we find that in trash truck, or whether we find that at a (garbage) collection center ... we just want to get it."

"We want to get it and provide it to our investigators and let them do what they do," Antley continued. "The FBI has a systematic way of doing things and it is proven to work, and that is what we're using. Our goal is still and remains to bring Faye home."

20. kiki2020

kiki2020 Well-Known Member

During the PC they said it had fresh dirt on it. She had not been alive for several days when they found it. I do not believe she was playing with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.