Found Deceased SC - Faye Marie Swetlik, 6, Cayce, 10 Feb 2020 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happens often enough it’s even a code:
ICD-10-CM Code T71.22
Asphyxiation due to being trapped in a car trunk
That's not what happened in this case, though. LE stated this was a homicide. That they are not releasing the results of her autopsy implies the murderer did a lot more than kill her accidentally and cover it up. Jmo

I think that may be due to a narrow media interpretation of “asphyxiation”:

“Officials said the 6-year-old died of “asphyxiation,” which means the suspect cut off her air supply. It’s not clear if she was strangled or suffocated.“​

Failure to launch followed by self destruction, imo.

I know that's oversimplifying it (I know!), but we've seen this before where a promising young person (usually male) just doesn't fulfill potential, at least not on a timeline expected, and then goes on to destroy himself. I think of it as a prolonged suicide.

That is NOT an excuse. He is 100% responsible for his actions. Plenty of people fail and fail again....and don't go to destroy others in an attempt to destroy themselves.

jmo

https://www.islandpacket.com/news/local/crime/article240305141.html

On Friday - CT's hometown newspaper described him as graduating in the top 10% of the Class of 2007 at Bluffton High School before entering university-- but dropping out after two years with no record of having completed a degree.

After high school, Taylor enrolled at USCB in the fall and transferred to USC in Columbia the next year, USC spokesperson Jeff Stensland said in an email Friday.

He withdrew from USC in the spring of 2009, and there are no records of Taylor graduating from there, Stensland said.

It appears from the corporate spokespersons for Jimmy Johns and Wingstop that CT traded university for a decade of management positions in the fast-food industry where he was gainfully employed until his death.

Before the same article was edited, an unidentified neighbor described CT as somebody that seemed to have a great relationship with his younger siblings, and a brilliant student that was somewhat of a loner but who they believed had found his niche in science and robotic technology.

As the driver of the 2nd place state competition Robot (named “Fear the Evil of Computer Love”), I thought his response when interviewed by the local news was indicative of his feelings for interaction: “The entire match is pretty much based on the autonomous part.”

Now that CT, the suspect can be sleuthed, there's evidence that he was also an avid gamer with at least one video uploaded to his youtube account and more on Steam under the same username (umbrastone). From the video, we know his in-game name is IMainSinged.

Failure to launch.

We've definitely seen this before where a talented, ambitious, good student appears to stay on course during high school (under the roof of his parents) until post-graduation when seemingly faced with more independence, they likely begin exploring their dark side long-time lurking in their brain.

I don't think it takes long-- once it's out (dark side) and active-- before the decision is made that their dark desires are too powerful to survive in an environment suitable for their true talent, and in the company of their peers.

I think it's about this time that their development is placed in self-arrest, and they settle for an occupation where they can just survive under the radar, and undetected with their dark, evil thoughts.

While it's unknown at this time where CT formerly resided, I do believe he was a predator that began living in otherwise family neighborhoods where he's likely been visualizing what he fantasized for some time. I also think CT pouncing on Faye was a crime of opportunity that he could not resist.

MOO

coty taylor

Last edited:
And here are the Lexington County Coroner's own words:

51:17 Faye Swetlik's death did not occur at the location where her body was discovered. And, her body had not been at that location; her body had been at that location for only a short time.

51:30 We have concluded that Faye's death was a homicide and took place within only a few hours after she was abducted. The cause of Faye's death has been ruled asphyxiation. Unless there's new evidence pertinent to the investigation of my office we will not release any additional information regarding Faye Marie Swetlik.

52:00 Thank you.

Asphyxia - Wikipedia

Last edited:
I will post the transcript of the latest press conference (2/18/20) sometime soon if anyone is interested in having the text version.

No need to "like" this post. I can do without the "alerts" on this one ;):p

One thing from PC that stood out to me: how quickly hundreds of people were searching for Faye.

Coty must’ve thought he had a fool proof plan but shockingly quickly became trapped in his townhouse. He must’ve been stunned and His panic grew from Monday until Thursday when he made a series of stupid moves.

faye disappeared at 4pm. Dozens of neighbors searched for her until police arrived at 5pm. By 6pm almost 100 officials were searching and that grew to 300.

Coty must’ve been soiling his pants. He had a dead little girl right there in his bedroom with hundreds looking for her right outside. And they didn’t leave until the pressure made him self destruct

You’d think so, but then this:

“He was cooperative and gave consent" to look through his home," Snellgrove said. "Those agents did not see anything that alerted them to believe that he had knowledge or was in any way involved in Faye's disappearance."

“He was cooperative and gave consent" to look through his home," Snellgrove said. "Those agents did not see anything that alerted them to believe that he had knowledge or was in any way involved in Faye's disappearance."

CT must have felt confident enough in where he placed Faye's body. Forgive me, I forget who mentioned it earlier on this thread, but someone suggested CT kept her in the trunk of his car possibly.

I think there are only two entrances/exits to the neighborhood and there must be surveillance of these points. I think this is why LE quick to state that this was not believed to be an abduction, and why they concentrated their efforts within the Churchill Heights subdivision only (no vehicle speeding away with child).

I also think the surveillance photos published of the two vehicles they requested for owners to come forward (SUV and silver sedan) were captured at the entry points.
As for not hearing more about the silver sedan -- it most likely was not relevant to investigators as they progressed in their investigation. MOO

I believe there are actually three entrances to the neighborhood. One entrance is directly across from the Waffle House. That is Stratford Road. The main entrance is Picadilly Drive. A third entrance is on Parliament Drive. All were blocked. Most maps were showing just Picadilly Drive, Picadilly Square, Londonderry Square and a short section of Londonderry Drive. Londonderry Drive connects all three entrances.

Do we know he had a car? I’m seeing local comments that he had a moped which would change the circumstance.

really? No we have not heard one way or the other. Do you have a link?

yeah I’m sure he acted nonchalant for those 10 minutes. “I’m a general manager at a restaurant and hardly ever here but sure you can look through the place.” Meanwhile he’s about to soil his pants because he has a dead little girl well hidden right there

I agree that a prudent person would do the right thing in that situation and report it. However if there were other mental health issues or intoxication involved, on top of being panicked/in shock- a terrible decision is not out of the question. If a couple of days went by before he found her in his trunk, even if he reports it, people would be suspicious of him the rest of his life.
^^bbm
I don't see it that way -- people bing suspicious of him the rest of his life because I think justice would prevail and he'd be locked up where he could be part of an environment where suspicion is alive and well 24/7. MOO

JMO, but I doubt this was his first crime. Maybe not homicide, since he was so inept at covering it up. But at this point I’m sure (at least I hope) they are looking at unsolved homicides in all locations where he has lived.

I think it was a reasonable inference to make that she was strangled, suffocated or choked - most likely during a sexual assault. Considering the language used by law enforcement and the coroner, deeming it a homicide not accidental, deeming CT solely responsible for her death and so on.

It's just a bit of a stretch to entertain the notion of an accidental suffocation in the trunk of a car (the theory I was responding to). It feels like victim blaming to me, trying to give the perpetrator the benefit of the doubt. JMO. And LE obviously have more facts than we do. They say it was a homicide. That he abducted her and killed her by violent means.

Now did he intend to kill her, perhaps not. I suspect he was trying to silence her, while committing a violent assault. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288