Found Deceased SC - Faye Marie Swetlik, 6, Cayce, 10 Feb 2020 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they thought someone else was responsible for Faye's murder they'd have prioritized her autopsy imo. They'd have done it straight away and not a couple days after finding her. They 100% believe CT is responsible they just need to dot the I's and cross the T's before they can announce it.

I agree. And LE would also not have told the public there was no danger to the community. MOO

It says she passed away on Feb 10th. I didn’t follow this case from the beginning. Did LE say publicly that she was killed the day she was taken? I’m not doubting the family. Of course they likely know more than the public. May God give this family strength :(
The date will be confirmed in the autopsy report. JMO

My gut tells me CT is not the perp. Media has posted about his exceptional performance in high school, on the robotics team, he started college as a math major. My guess is he didn’t leave college because he wasn’t smart enough, though I won’t speculate what the reasons may have been. People drop out of college for all kinds of reasons. To me if he was 30 with absolutely no priors, a high IQ, and he wanted to abduct and kill a child he would have acted smarter and not abducted someone in his own neighborhood and then kept her there. Whoever did this was average intelligence at best IMO. JMO!!

fyi, a lot of the mass murderers of late have been known as gifted students, iirc the CO theatre shooter was in a PhD program, CL killer was in med school......just sayin’, smart people also kill. Moo

BBM

interesting thought. I wonder if he did leave and was surveilled. Im guessing LE was onto him from pretty early in the case because of the dogs. The dogs had to have taken them there. Their conversations with him before his death will be interesting to learn of.
I doubt if he was under surveillance. If so, they would have caught him placing the body where it was. I don't think they had any idea it was him until they found the item in 602's garbage can. ETA: There were up to 250 LE personnel on site at times. If he had refused LE entry to his apartment or gave them some idea he was involved, they would have surveilled him.

It says she passed away on Feb 10th. I didn’t follow this case from the beginning. Did LE say publicly that she was killed the day she was taken? I’m not doubting the family. Of course they likely know more than the public. May God give this family strength :(
I noticed that too. I haven’t read every single post but the February 10 date was news to me. I haven’t heard an official date of death. I believe autopsy results will be available tomorrow.
I agree- may God wrap his loving arms around her family.

fyi, a lot of the mass murderers of late have been known as gifted students, iirc the CO theatre shooter was in a PhD program, CL killer was in med school......just sayin’, smart people also kill. Moo
Agreed. And in this case if he was acting on opportunity and impulse, he might not have been making the most thought-out decisions for a perfect crime. MOO

OBITUARY
Faye Marie Swetlik
June 13, 2013 – February 10, 2020
Faye Marie Swetlik was born on June 13, 2013 and passed away on February 10, 2020.

g40001.gif

My gut tells me CT is not the perp. Media has posted about his exceptional performance in high school, on the robotics team, he started college as a math major. My guess is he didn’t leave college because he wasn’t smart enough, though I won’t speculate what the reasons may have been. People drop out of college for all kinds of reasons. To me if he was 30 with absolutely no priors, a high IQ, and he wanted to abduct and kill a child he would have acted smarter and not abducted someone in his own neighborhood and then kept her there. Whoever did this was average intelligence at best IMO. JMO!!

nothing is off the table yet. Stranger things have happened. So your theory definitely isn’t crazy.

The whole community isn’t in danger statement doesn’t fit with that theory though. And neither does their not prioritizing her autopsy.

as for Intelligence. Lots of killers are smart. But i agree that this wasn’t well thought out, if at all. If he was indeed smart, he obviously didn’t plan. He acted on pure evil impulse.

Last edited:
I noticed that too. I haven’t read every single post but the February 10 date was news to me. I haven’t heard an official date of death. I believe autopsy results will be available tomorrow.
I agree- may God wrap his loving arms around her family.
If an autopsy cant tell the time of death they just state the day the victim was found to be the time of death. Makes me think they have evidence during autopsy to believe Faye was murdered soon after she was taken. Strangers who abduct children almost always murder their victims within hours of their kidnapping so not too surprising.

My gut tells me differently.

Yes of course! Killers come from all IQs. Just saying this case specifically, killer seems kind of dumb to me, it sounds like he acted on impulse and didn’t plan what he would do to cover his tracks. That doesn’t match my impression of what CT was like.

I have no idea why LE would have said the community wasn’t at danger if he wasn’t the killer, don’t have an answer for that one. This is just what my gut is telling me, I could be totally wrong!

Yeah well they're a business and if compassion was a factor every murder victim would have a fully paid funeral service. Most families of murdered loved ones have to foot the bill. Faye's case has captivated the entire state.
High profile or not, many funeral homes donate their services. Talking about making up their profit later from a sincere gesture is wrong. JMO

If an autopsy cant tell the time of death they just state the day the victim was found to be the time of death. Makes me think they have evidence during autopsy to believe Faye was murdered soon after she was taken.
It is a family's choice to use the date of disappearance when the date of death can't be pinpointed or isn't available yet. Happens all the time. In one memorial service I attended, they simply used the month and didn't specify a date at all. MOO

Last edited:
I doubt if he was under surveillance. If so, they would have caught him placing the body where it was. I don't think they had any idea it was him until they found the item in 602's garbage can. ETA: There were up to 250 LE personnel on site at times. If he had refused LE entry to his apartment or gave them some idea he was involved, they would have surveilled him.
Good points.

It is a family's choice to use the date of disappearance when the date of death can't (or hasn't) be pinpointed. Happens all the time. In one memorial service I attended, they simply used the month and didn't specify a date at all. MOO
I didn’t know this. So sad that some families of kidnapped and murdered victims have to put only the month. It’s something i never thought about until today. Just so so sad :(

It seems the only way to truly avoid abductions from a yard is to never allow young children to play unsupervised. We don’t know what lurks around the corner or might drive past. A lot of us grew up hearing “get outside & get some fresh air”, lol and we’d stay gone all day, running between houses, walking to the local drug store for candy, riding our bikes to the park, etc. when I was a child the TV was rarely ever on, we were always outside.
We know of countless abductions, even older kids (Sierra LaMar/teen at bus stop). Most times the victim is alone.

Moo

Really wish we were getting autopsy results today. Lack of new info just fuels the rumor mills, which doesn't help anyone. Not directing this comment at anyone in particular here. I'm local so EVERYONE on my SM is talking about this and regurgitating rumors that are 100% speculation. I get that everyone wants justice and answers to this unbelievable tragedy, but the rumors just muddy the waters and make it harder for everyone involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021