Found Deceased SC - Faye Marie Swetlik, 6, Cayce, 10 Feb 2020 #5

I don't see him as someone who has killed before. I think he had urges and impulses for a long time and finally saw an opportunity to act on it. It reminds me of the guy who kidnapped Cupcake, he had no criminal history either, when they arrested him they did find child *advertiser censored*. He was clearly on the prowl that day and nothing was going to stop him from kidnapping a child. It is possible that they have molested a child in the past but it was never reported.

Assuming this horrific crime happened in CT apartment. I could see him putting her body in the bathtub/shower until he tried to figure out his next steps. I also believe he was well aware that LE was going door to door, he also had to worry about his roommate coming home. I think this poor little girls body was moved within the apartment.

I initially asked about the silver vehicle belonging to him because maybe he put her in his car and left. But it appears that he may not have owned a car.
Yeah, I think in one pic, there was a small, silver car parked near his apt. But the sedan is the one they said was never found and I think it was white. The SUV was silver, wasn't it?
It's not clear to me whether he had a car or not, but with his driving records and seemingly having a car repo'd, he probably could not get a loan. He would have had to buy from an individual, IMO, and I doubt he could come up with a few thousand for a beater. Then again, he might have been ok financially, just didn't pay his bills. Like you, I think he moved her body within his apartment. I think it's likely he wrapped the body in a garbage bag soon after killing her and put it in the freezer, then moved it somewhere else before they searched his place. It was warm on Feb. 10, high of 72 and low of 34, Tuesday was a high of 77 and a low of 62, Wednesday was a high of 77 and a low of 58, Thursday was a high 76 and a low of 64. He might have been running the AC as low as it could go, but that wouldn't do a lot to slow decomp unless the body was already frozen and even then it would have been thawing out. Either way, by Thursday, he needed to get the body out of his apartment. I wonder if he worked that week. I can imagine that he was afraid to leave the apartment, and if he did leave for work, why didn't he just keep going? Hard to do if you don't have a car. At one PC after the fact, LE said they did check in fridges, washers and dryers, closets, cabinets, etc. He didn't say they checked CT's apt., but I imagine they were pretty consistent. I think that was just a quick look through, not a real thorough search. MOO.

FEB 21, 2020
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...ed-wear-bright-colors-missing-6-year-n1140216
[...]

The family of Faye Marie Swetlik is asking everyone to wear bright colors, especially pink and purple, to honor the bubbly spirit of the girl at the 7 p.m. Friday memorial service at Trinity Baptist Church in Cayce.

[...]

In her obituary, Faye's family said she was gone too soon but wouldn't be forgotten.

“She made everyone believe in all things good again. She left behind a world that loved her. May she forever sparkle," they wrote.

I understand that it is totally normal and necessary to question things, cause the police do get things wrong but it just weird to see people try to speculate that Taylor maybe innocent even after what LE has stated. I truly believe it is because he does not fit some script that we think a kidnapper and child murderer is. Possibly High IQ, no criminal background and looks like the typical boy next door in his past pictures coupled with other details of the case that we think he would not have done. I think LE from the get-go felt that it was someone in the neighbourhood and putting up roadblocks made it harder to get away with the crime.

This is one reason I like to see the perp face the court system even though it may be hard for the family members,because then we get more information. I am sure some concerned citizen will ensure all the fact are released.
I've also been thinking alot about why some people keep coming up with theories as to CT being innocent. I'm guessing it's a hard-wired defense/coping mechanism. When something like this happens, people want to think it could never happen to them or their loved-ones. That's why in some instances people blame the victim or victims.

But in cases like this, people are terrified when faced with the reality that they could be deceived and that someone as "normal" looking as CT could be a predator lurking around the corner just waiting for the opportunity to destroy so many lives.

People don't want to feel so vulnerable and insecure so they look for an alternative explanation to subconsciously restore order.

JMHO though.

The problem with a dead perp is that family, friends and public will be placing the blame somewhere else. Coty's family I imagine will cop the full brunt of the public's anger, whilst family members of Faye, especially her bio dad and his family, might even eventually point fingers at the mother and her family (for example for letting Faye play outside by herself, I have no opinion on this, just stating what might be an issue in the future). It's going to be a messy next couple of months/years I imagine, especially when public interest and care dies down over the next month or two, everyone involved will need loving support to get through this. The worst is yet to come imo.

I don't think so. The child was only missing for fifteen minutes or so when the mom realized she was gone. It's not as if she left a toddler alone outside for fifteen minutes. I imagine Mom is beating herself up, though. I think Faye's mom, dad and grandma are going to need years of counseling and I hope they will be able to get it. There is a resolution to this case, not the best but perhaps the second best knowing what we do about child abductions of this type. LE has shown it was CT and they are still investigating. At this point, we don't know much about his family, so they've been protected partly because this happened so quickly. IMO, the worst has already happened, but Faye's family is going to be dealing with it forever.

I understand that it is totally normal and necessary to question things, cause the police do get things wrong but it just weird to see people try to speculate that Taylor maybe innocent even after what LE has stated. I truly believe it is because he does not fit some script that we think a kidnapper and child murderer is. Possibly High IQ, no criminal background and looks like the typical boy next door in his past pictures coupled with other details of the case that we think he would not have done. I think LE from the get-go felt that it was someone in the neighborhood and putting up roadblocks made it harder to get away with the crime.

This is one reason I like to see the perp face the court system even though it may be hard for the family members,because then we get more information. I am sure some concerned citizen will ensure all the fact are released.
I agree to most of what you stated. Police should withhold information during an investigation. CT has been declared the "sole" perpetrator but I did not read in any MSN source that the case is closed or the investigation is over. It is possible that police might be thinking about another POI but have no evidence. Some MSN reports that CT slashed his own throat (front of neck containing pharynx and larynx) while other MSN reports neck (carotid arteries on side). I saw nowhere in the description of what CT used to cut himself or the location in relation to the body. Knife? Razor blade? My mind is very open minded and very inquisitive. JMO

I agree to most of what you stated. Police should withhold information during an investigation. CT has been declared the "sole" perpetrator but I did not read in any MSN source that the case is closed or the investigation is over. It is possible that police might be thinking about another POI but have no evidence. Some MSN reports that CT slashed his own throat (front of neck containing pharynx and larynx) while other MSN reports neck (carotid arteries on side). I saw nowhere in the description of what CT used to cut himself or the location in relation to the body. Knife? Razor blade? My mind is very open minded and very inquisitive. JMO

Yeah they did say it is ongoing, I think they will release more info once it is complete. The first thing I did when I heard he slit his throat was look it up to see if this sort of thing occurs, it isn't a common suicide, which adds fuel to the fire.

OFF topic-I found this random article while lookin it up
Actor slits his own throat as knife switch turns fiction into reality
The prop knife ended up being a real one. Audience was applauding not realizing it was for real.

I've also been thinking alot about why some people keep coming up with theories as to CT being innocent. I'm guessing it's a hard-wired defense/coping mechanism. When something like this happens, people want to think it could never happen to them or their loved-ones. That's why in some instances people blame the victim or victims.

But in cases like this, people are terrified when faced with the reality that they could be deceived and that someone as "normal" looking as CT could be a predator lurking around the corner just waiting for the opportunity to destroy so many lives.

People don't want to feel so vulnerable and insecure so they look for an alternative explanation to subconsciously restore order.

JMHO though.

People do this because the alternative is terrifying. There are men hiding in our communities, looking and acting completely normal, who fantasize about small children. And there's nothing anyone can do about it until they take a concrete step like getting caught downloading child *advertiser censored* or actually harming a child. Anything seems better than that. There has to be something to "blame" that we can legislate away.

I don't see him as someone who has killed before. I think he had urges and impulses for a long time and finally saw an opportunity to act on it. It reminds me of the guy who kidnapped Cupcake, he had no criminal history either, when they arrested him they did find child *advertiser censored*. He was clearly on the prowl that day and nothing was going to stop him from kidnapping a child. It is possible that they have molested a child in the past but it was never reported.

I'm with you. I believe he was an opportunist and saw an opening and took it. Might have gotten away with it if she hadn't been reported missing so quickly. At that point he was boxed in with no way out.

If a child had been placed in a freezer it would have been apparent at autopsy. It’s hard to imagine that the perp had anything other than a typical refrigerator, and something in an apartment that size probably would not hold a child in the freezer compartment. Anything like a deep freeze would have been opened by LE during inspection.

it’s impossible (with what we know) to guess where he placed her between the time of her disappearance and the time she was found. They’ve said she was only alive a very short time after being abducted. I don’t believe that he moved her multiple times.

JMO

You would think. ;)

But his schedule that week would be telling.

Not just his schedule either, but also his schedule of when he was supposed to come in compared to when he really was there. Like did he call out at all?

Yeah they did say it is ongoing, I think they will release more info once it is complete. The first thing I did when I heard he slit his throat was look it up to see if this sort of thing occurs, it isn't a common suicide, which adds fuel to the fire.

OFF topic-I found this random article while lookin it up
Actor slits his own throat as knife switch turns fiction into reality
The prop knife ended up being a real one. Audience was applauding not realizing it was for real.

Well that is terrifying for a slew of other reasons.

I agree with part of your post, but I'm puzzled why you are include CT?

It's true others were innocent, and found guilty, but most all of those cases they were found guilty due to either faulty eye witness testimony or LE did not have irrefutable DNA back then linking the suspects to the crimes committed against their victims.

That simply is not the case with CT. Imo, less, and less people who are innocent will be found guilty, and actually more, and can be excluded now.

LE/DA has more than sufficient evidence to prove this case BARD if he had not taken the cowardly way out, and stood trial. If he was innocent he certainly had a choice to exercise his constitutional right to a fair trial.

Imo, he didn't because he knew they did have all the concrete evidence where a jury could find him guilty BARD. He knew it was just a matter of time, and he was living on borrowed time. He also knew it was very likely if convicted he would also receive a sentence putting him on death row.

They already had what they needed to arrest, and charge him, but like any murder investigation more, and more evidence would be discovered by LE.

In the articles I've read when the police was answering questions, I'm glad to see they are going to continue to investigate CT to see if he was involved in other unsolved cases.

They are able to do so now due to having his DNA profile which he left in Faye's case.

Jmho
I agree to some of what you state. I have questioned suicide rulings over several years. Some suicides made no sense because science would prove otherwise. Coroners rely on what LE tells them. DNA alone is the most accurate forensic evidence but is not infallible. Other evidence such as fingerprints (on boot and ladle) when added to DNA evidence will strengthen the DNA evidence. To this day, I question the suicide of Rebecca Zahau and other questionable suicides. "When authorities arrived that morning, they found Zahau’s body completely nude. Her feet were bound, and her hands were tied behind her back. A shirt was stuffed into her mouth." What police found at the scene after woman's mysterious California mansion death

It's not clear to me whether he had a car or not, but with his driving records and seemingly having a car repo'd, he probably could not get a loan. He would have had to buy from an individual, IMO, and I doubt he could come up with a few thousand for a beater. Then again, he might have been ok financially, just didn't pay his bills.
^^SBM

To be clear -- according to the court record, CT's vehicle was NOT repossessed but was considered abandoned and most likely sold at public auction July 2019 when he failed to claim it after 30 days from a towing company. Sale of his vehicle after 30 days is all pursuant to SC municipal code and judgment for the towing company recorded as $-0- per the court record.

I can think of positive and negative reasons for not collecting a towed vehicle. It may have been picked up because it was a junker and somebody reported it -- he'd have to pay the towing company 30+ days of storage fees to reclaim it and they may have done him a favor hauling it away.

On the negative side -- I'm worried he intentionally forfeited his vehicle as abandoned to allow it disposed of because it contained forensic evidence of prior crime(s).

There is no evidence that CT did not pay his bills --other than the towing yard.

I can imagine that he was afraid to leave the apartment, and if he did leave for work, why didn't he just keep going?
^^sbm

I disagree that CT was afraid of leaving his apartment -- quite the contrary. I think dear Faye was deceased before the police mobilized at the neighborhood on Monday evening. I think it's possible that CT even returned to work for the dinner rush and closed his eatery that evening -- not getting home until after 11 pm.

Also, as long as CT was not home and at work, he could avoid being interviewed (for a very legitimate reason) by the detectives going door to door talking to all the Churchill Heights neighborhood.

By all accounts, CT was good at his job and it appears he gave up University to stay in fast food where he served in management for the past 10 years. As general manager at Wingstop until his death, not showing at work would have definitely caused inquiry to his whereabouts and it wouldn't take much to realize the direct relationship between the disappearance of a responsible restaurant manager at the same time a child went missing from a residence just across the trees from his own apartment.

MOO

Last edited:
I think he did as otherwise he would have aroused suspicion when he was interviewed.
He wasn't interviewed, he wasn't interrogated, he was "spoken to". His house wasn't searched, police were "in it". Have you people never been even tangentially involved in a police investigation? They talked to everyone. When they do that, they just briefly put them on the spot and look for fearful reactions. Taylor for whatever reason didn't click when he was spoken to and that was it.

He does kind of seem like the sort of person who would get rattled by police though. That makes me think either the officer who spoke to him missed a sign, which I'm sure he was feeling absolutely horrible about until it was established Faye had been long gone at the time or it could suggest that Taylor had in fact done something like this before and successfully escaped detection so he was confident at the time that he could escape again.

FEB 21, 2020
Faye Swetlik mourners asked to wear bright colors for the missing 6-year-old found dead
[...]

The family of Faye Marie Swetlik is asking everyone to wear bright colors, especially pink and purple, to honor the bubbly spirit of the girl at the 7 p.m. Friday memorial service at Trinity Baptist Church in Cayce.

[...]

In her obituary, Faye's family said she was gone too soon but wouldn't be forgotten.

“She made everyone believe in all things good again. She left behind a world that loved her. May she forever sparkle," they wrote.
^^bbm

I've learned so much in recent months from two 5 & 6-year-old little girls:

Lizzie Shelley (kidnapped & murdered by uncle) told her stepdad not to drive so fast taking her to school because they might miss seeing a balloon in the sky or a butterfly.

And dearest Faye reminded us to take time to enjoy waffles with butter -- just as she did every Saturday while sharing what a great week she had with her waiter.
Yes, she did indeed sparkle!....

So listen to out of the mouth of babes -- they obviously have much to say. :)

I've learned so much in recent months from two 5 & 6-year-old little girls:

Lizzie Shelley (kidnapped & murdered by uncle) told her stepdad not to drive so fast taking her to school because they might miss seeing a balloon in the sky or a butterfly.

And dearest Faye reminded us to take time to enjoy waffles with butter -- just as she did every Saturday while sharing what a great week she had with her waiter.
Yes, she did indeed sparkle!....

So listen to out of the mouth of babes -- they obviously have much to say. :)
I love that post, thank you for that! :)

If a child had been placed in a freezer it would have been apparent at autopsy. It’s hard to imagine that the perp had anything other than a typical refrigerator, and something in an apartment that size probably would not hold a child in the freezer compartment. Anything like a deep freeze would have been opened by LE during inspection.

it’s impossible (with what we know) to guess where he placed her between the time of her disappearance and the time she was found. They’ve said she was only alive a very short time after being abducted. I don’t believe that he moved her multiple times.

JMO
A small child's body can be easily hidden and odors can be contained for a few days. The original search of CT's townhouse probably overlooked several places. JMO

Have you people never been even tangentially involved in a police investigation? They talked to everyone. When they do that, they just briefly put them on the spot and look for fearful reactions. Taylor for whatever reason didn't click when he was spoken to and that was it.
^^sbm

Exactly -- investigators were speaking off a script prepared by the FBI designed to elicit information and/or detect a suspicious response.

I don't think talking to the police would present unusual to CT.
As manager of at least two fast-food restaurants for the past 10 years -- it would not be an uncommon place for officers to stop when following-up on a nearby crime -- asking if he'd seen anybody unusual stopping in or acting suspiciously. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if CT called police himself more than once to report a theft, disturbance inside or outside the eatery, a vehicle left in the parking lot overnight, etc.

MOO

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea