Found Deceased SC - Faye Marie Swetlik, 6, Cayce, 10 Feb 2020 #5

ABC7 Eyewitness News on Twitter
Our thought and prayers are with the family of 6-year-old Faye Swetlik, whose body was found four days after she went missing from her South Carolina home https://abc7.la/3byS56M
EQrhXbmU8AE6unw.jpg

2:42 PM - 13 Feb 2020

Cayce Public Safety on Twitter
Director Byron Snellgrove updated community and media that the body of #FayeSwetlik has been found.
The investigation into her homicide begins as @Cayce_DPS, along with local, state and federal partners, will work together to bring this case to a close.
Director Byron Snellgrove just updated... - Cayce Department of Public Safety | Facebook
3:34 PM - 13 Feb 2020

Cayce Public Safety on Twitter
If you have any information that would assist in our homicide investigation, the #FayeSwetlik Hotline is still operational and our work is ongoing. 1-803-205-4444.#PrayforFaye
Director Byron Snellgrove just updated... - Cayce Department of Public Safety | Facebook
3:35 PM - 13 Feb 2020

Alexis Frazier on Twitter
Coroner Margaret Fisher says that #FayeSwetlik’s death happened within hours of her disappearance. She also said that Faye died by asphyxiation and is ruled a homicide. @abc_columbia
ERFYnD4XkAEx8Wu.jpg

3:13 PM - 18 Feb 2020

Rochelle Metzger on Twitter
#BREAKING Authorities release autopsy results in death of #FayeSwetlik. Officials say the 6-year-old was choked to death. @FOX46News
ERFYtPQW4AYoE7e.png

3:14 PM - 18 Feb 2020

Patti Petitte on Twitter
#Breaking autopsy of 6-year-old #FayeSwetlik reveals she died of asphyxiation. Authorities in Cayce, SC say she was not killed where her body was found and she was killed within hours of being abducted
ERFY1n2WAAAACJW.jpg

3:15 PM - 18 Feb 2020

Morgan Chesky on Twitter
UPDATE: Per authorities, detectives zeroed in on the home of Coty Scott Taylor after searching trash to find:

- polka dot boot
- soup ladle covered with freshly dug dirt
- Taylor had been interviewed Wed afternoon
- Evidence shows Taylor abducted and killed #FayeSwetlik
#NBCNews
3:20 PM - 18 Feb 2020

Sooji Nam on Twitter
BREAKING: Cayce DPS say Coty Taylor— the man found deceased after Faye Swetlik’s body was found— abducted and killed the little girl. He is believed to be the sole perpetrator. @wachfox
3:20 PM - 18 Feb 2020

BREAKING: Coroner releases Faye Marie Swetlik’s cause of death, confirms 6-year-old girl was a homicide victim
[...]

Margaret Fisher said at the news conference that the six-year-old girl died of asphyxiation, and that she was not killed at the location where her body was found last week.

Fisher said that authorities believe Faye “died elsewhere, and her body had been at that location for only a short time.”

Investigators found Faye’s body last Thursday in a wooded area very close to the girl’s home. A man identified as Coty Taylor, reportedly a neighbor of Faye’s, was found dead in his home, just yards away, on the same day.

[...]

Please continue discussion here.

ADMIN NOTE:

IMPORTANT !!

No more discussion of social media accounts in relation to CT until a member can provide information that substantiates the accounts do in fact belong to CT of Cayce, SC who is the person known to be responsible for Faye's homicide.

Please read my post in the previous thread.

The accounts may belong to him but we have to know 100% that we have the right individual.

Last edited:
The City of Cayce held a community candlelight vigil Tuesday night in memory of Faye Swetlik.

The even was at the City Hall front lawn, located at 1800 12th Street in Cayce. Dozens showed up at the event where they heard from Cayce Mayor Elise Partin and other officials. Partin thanked the public and first responders.

Candlelight vigil held for Faye Swetlik

I shudder to think of other ways that ladle could have been used prior to digging.

Why do people keep suggesting this graphic horror with absolutely zero evidence? As though his favorite sidekick was a soup ladle that he carried around for days.

It’s much more likely he suddenly decided he needed to dig and he found the only metal spade-like item in the house. You might as well say “I shudder to think of what he might’ve done with a toilet plunger” or something Else based on zero evidence

Is LE required by law to disclose details of the murder to Coty's family? I imagine they are in a total state of disbelief (unless there's a lot of stuff we don't know about).

This is the first case I've followed where someone has been found guilty without a trial; it just leaves me feeling unsettled. I hope LE comes back in the near future and answers some of the many questions still lingering in this case.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
galluvstrucrime
Back