Found Deceased SC - Faye Marie Swetlik, 6, Cayce, 10 Feb 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they’ll ask permission to search, if the resident okays it, they search, then & there. Most people consent, imo. Refusals most likely come if there’s contraband or a person laying low due to a warrant or incriminating evidence. Even in the Broussard case LE Che Jed trunks & went door to door. moo
I am recalling a case years ago (before the internet!) in the neighborhood where I lived at the time. A little girl was taken from a store while heading to the restroom while her family shopped. LE went house to house in the area asking to look around. I lived just one block away from the perimeter of the search and no LE knocked on my door.

She was indeed found in someone's house (I'll spare you the details). Her case has haunted me for decades.

jmo

Kayland Hagwood on Twitter
Media has been asked to leave the neighborhood as the investigation into the disappearance of Faye Swetlik, 6, continues here in Cayce. A press conference is scheduled w/ updates just before noon. @WLTX.
EQlkqbAXYAAXI8e.jpg

EQlkqb6WoAAfWDs.jpg

10:58 AM - 12 Feb 2020 from Cayce, SC

1. "Law enforcement said Swetlik got off the school bus around 3:45 p.m. but didn't show up to her home."
2. "A neighbor whose son rides bus everyday with missing 6 yr old Faye says she saw Faye get off bus at about 2:50pm near mailboxes and walk about 30 yards with her mom home."
3. 55 minute difference.
4. "but didn't show up to her home" OR "walk about 30 yards with her mom home."
Two discrepancies (Timeline & situation). Have they been cleared up?

Oh Lord, not another innocent child killed by someone who should have taken care of her...will people ever learn?:( jmo

Clarification anybody? There’s an awful lot of posts regarding info from FB or public posts on LE’s FB.

Don’t want Faye’s thread to get shut down! Isn’t this the point in the investigation we ALWAYS get to where we have to either rehash what we know or zip it & sit on our hands?

I just don't think her mother or grandmother are involved. I'm leaning towards a neighbor, or a boyfriend, especially if she went to see an elderly neighbor who was not home, and she was alone. I'm not seeing a mother, who cares enough to meet her first grader on time at the bus and walk her home, to kill her less than an hour later. That makes 0 sense to me. Parental involvement is more of "I put her to bed and when I went to check on her 6, 8, 12 hours later she was gone" or "they went to play at a friend's house and didn't come home 4 hours later" (talking about you TS!). We know for a fact she was at home by like 3:05 based on photo evidence and witnesses. So she was noticed missing 40 to 45 minutes later, and the police called at 5. I don't see parental involvement at all with that timeline. Someone saw a small 6 year old alone and pounced.

Agree. I see a child who was loved and looked after, with a pretty wide circle of friends and carers, the towed cars and CS tape notwithstanding. Neighbours may be a wild card here, but nothing about this case really gives me the feeling of parental involvement. More likely IMO to be someone close by. This is a tough one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member