GENERIC HEADER NEWS MISSING PERSONS

GUILTY SC - Five Jones children, ages 1-8, Lexington County, 28 Aug 2014 *Father Arrested*

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by OkieGranny, Sep 9, 2014.

1. YESorNO

YESorNO The Queen (aka "mrsmuir") SWBB

SC prison guard: Timothy Ray Jones killed his daughter after she saw him killing his son

May 22, 2019

"...Prison guard testifies

LEXINGTON — A South Carolina prison guard testified Tuesday that confessed child killer Tim Jones said he killed his 8-year-old daughter after she walked into a bedroom in the family’s home and discovered him strangling one of her brothers to death.

Jones told the guard, Lt. Travis Pressley, that he then grabbed his daughter, Merah, and “choked her ‘til she turned purple,” Pressley testified on Tuesday, the sixth day of Jones’ death penalty trial in the Lexington County courthouse. He is charged with killing his five children: Merah, Elias, 7; Nahtahn, 6, Gabriel, 2 and Abigail Elaine, 1.
    Pressley did not name the daughter during his testimony, but Jones’ oldest child was Merah, 8. His only other daughter, 1-year-old Abigail Elaine, would not have likely been walking around on the night of Aug. 28, 2014, when Jones killed his five children in his Red Bank mobile home.

“He said that when he saw the daughter, she was shocked — and I guess, I don’t know, she tried to run away or what — he grabbed her and choked her so hard ...” testified Pressley, who works at Kirkland Correctional Institution in Columbia...."

SC prison guard: Timothy Ray Jones killed his daughter after she saw him killing his son

2. YESorNO

The Latest: Defense focuses on defendant's odd confession

May 22, 2019

"COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — The Latest on the death penalty trial for a South Carolina father (all times local):

4:50 p.m.

Attorneys for a South Carolina father accused of killing his five children are carefully going over his full confession in court as they seek to prove their insanity case.

Timothy Jones Jr.'s lawyers asked Lexington County Sheriff's Sgt. Anthony Creech on Wednesday to talk about the moments in the confession when Jones said odd things that could indicate mental instability or a tenuous grip on reality.

Such comments included that he feared his children were trying to kill him and that he heard voices in his head.

Creech testified that Jones also said he thought one of the five children was going to grow up to do something bad and he prevented that by killing all of them...."

The Latest: Defense focuses on defendant's odd confession

kimpage, byo and Spellbound like this.
  3. MyBelle

MyBelle Well-Known Member

It's all a big act. He killed the children for one reason: to punish his wife for leaving him. I hope this is in a dp state because that's the punishment he deserves.

JMO

all4justice, kimpage, Mitch11 and 8 others like this.
  4. MimosaMornings

MimosaMornings Well- Known Member

Wonder if he was Apostolic Pentecostal when he met her?

If she was 19 when she met him, hadn’t graduated high school and didn’t have a driver’s license- she probably thought he was a good choice for a husband?

The AP religion would have been a huge red flag for me.

Queena, kimpage, windrower and 2 others like this.
  5. Spellbound

Spellbound falsus in uno, falsus in omnibus

6. YESorNO

Timothy Jones Jr. trial: testimony underway in trial of man accused of killing his children.

Streamed live May 22, 2019

7. Kavya01

Kavya01 Well-Known Member

RBBM -
    that has been my notion as well, retribution for the rebellious and no longer subservient wifey, in addition to perhaps his being overwhelmed and frustrated with the solo-parenting.
    Otherwise, how did that man go from "wanting a farm-full of kids" to: "Oh. Let me prevent something bad from happening by slaying all of them" in a span of 8 years.
    I just personally can't put too much emphasis on the retribution notion, because I keep thinking how it must make the mom feel. How it would make me feel in her shoes,, if it was a retribution motive.
    How as mom in retrospect I might feel guilty over "I should have been the one he should have killed". If that makes sense, it's late, and has been a day, sorry.

kimpage, JDG and Spellbound like this.
  8. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

And yet he couldn't spare one tear when his ex was wailing for her babies? THAT didn't move him?

Of course not. As @MyBelle stated, he did this to punish her. He was happy to see her cry. He succeeded.

Psychopath.

Queena, kimpage, Mitch11 and 6 others like this.
  9. MsFacetious

MsFacetious What a Kerfuffle...

This is so much like Bella and CeCe it's awful. :(

As long as he never leaves custody alive I'm okay with any verdict.

I am inclined to agree.

I was willing to entertain that on some level he killed them to prevent them from growing up to be mentally ill.

But the zero emotion in court when the mother of his kids was on the stand? No that solidifies it for me.

He truly hated her more than he loved his kids. This was a revenge killing. I think the jury will pick up on the reaction to the ex wife.

Baciagalupo, Queena, kimpage and 7 others like this.
  10. MsFacetious

MsFacetious What a Kerfuffle...

I also can't get over the absurdity of "he could have killed himself with the outlet!!!!!" So the solution is to...... kill him?! WTF?

11. Kavya01

I was thinking , since he looked up kids and outlets just like he looked up schizophrenia and its behaviors, that he planned and subsequently used that outlet story ( I even think it was made up entirely) as "reason to explain to the world why that boy needed punishment/killing".

Queena, kimpage, Mitch11 and 2 others like this.
  12. Kavya01

Tim Scott‏ @TimScottTV 8m8 minutes ago

Sgt. Creech backs up Special Agent David Mackey's testimony, testifying that Jones told him if Nahtahn "didn't come off of it," all of the children would still be alive.

How's that for externalizing blame. :confused:

13. Spellbound

Some helpful links to follow

Live video coverage:
    - Timothy Jones Jr Live Stream
    - Watch Live: Timothy Jones on Trial in Murders of His 5 Children

Twitter links:
    - Tim Scott (@TimScottTV) on Twitter
    - Caroline Hecker (@CHecker_WIS) on Twitter
    - Courtney King (@CourtReportKing) on Twitter

Currently, Sgt. Cheech, lead investigator, is back on stand

Sgt. Creech backs up Special Agent David Mackey's testimony, testifying that Jones told him if Nahtahn "didn't come off of it," all of the children would still be alive.

Jones told Mackey and Creech during the interview that he got stopped in a ditch by police the day before his arrest, but they didn't arrest him. He ultimately was taken into custody at a public safety checkpoint in Mississippi on September 6.

Sgt. Creech says during the uncomfortable moments during the interview, Jones gravitated more to him since he says he tends to act more like the "good cop" during interviews. Jones also says his car "smelled like s***" but he said he got used to it.

Queena, kimpage, windrower and 2 others like this.
  14. Spellbound

Good morning kavya01
    I will be popping in and out this morning

15. Spellbound

Caroline Hecker@CHecker_WIS
    1m
    Jones told investigators he wasn't going to kill himself--after confessing to killing his five children--because suicide is a "cardinal sin."

Courtney King@CourtReportKing
    - Creech says #TimothyJones was concerned about how he would look to the public and didn't want to be in the news after he confessed to killing his five children
    - @Solicitor_11th
    is showing the jury the picture of the five garbage bags with the children inside when authorities recovered their bodies in rural Alabama. This is the second time the jury has seen the picture

Tim Scott@TimScottTV
    - Solicitor Hubbard wraps up his questioning by asking about why Jones had his passport in the car. When asked if the passport could act as a ticket to run away, Creech says "it certainly has that appearance." Defense attorney Rob Madsen now up to ask some questions.
    -The testimony transitions to the DSS visit, where Nahtahn and Merah allegedly told a case worker that they wanted to live with their mother. Creech says that topic got Jones "visibly upset." Sgt. Creech also says next to Nahtahn, Amber appeared to be a trigger for him.

-Sgt. Creech says Jones believed that suicide "was a cardinal sin" and if he did so, he would go to hell. Creech says Jones didn't say anything about if killing his children would send him to hell. On the stand, Creech says it was mostly a "Tim-centric" interview.

- Sgt. Creech remembers Jones told him that he "was trying to bide time", that "his mind was rotten", and that what he did was "merciless" since he threw the bodies in bags and threw stuff in there to neutralize the smell.

16. Spellbound

Is it just me, or are there a lot of breaks in this trial? Defense asked for 5 minute break, judge gave them 15.

Gardenista, JDG and Alice253 like this.
  17. Kavya01

Heya hey, good morning yourself, and same ~ nod~

I am wondering if we have smokers on the jury. Or perhaps it just keeps them from being overloaded on sadness and misery, that poor Jury.

JDG and Alice253 like this.
  18. Barnabas

Barnabas Well-Known Member

It has to be horrible to sit there and listen to all this, for sure.

kimpage, Kavya01, windrower and 4 others like this.
  19. Spellbound

Tim Scott (@TimScottTV) on Twitter
    17m
    Jury comes back into the room. The defense calls up Dr. Shawn Agharkar, a psychiatrist who specializes in treatment of various conditions, including schizophrenia

11 m
    Dr. Argharkar says he met with Jones a couple of times, and after looking at the same images reviewed by Dr. Travis Snyder (who testified via recording yesterday), he says Jones had schizophrenia and brain damage.

1m
    Dr. Argharkar says schizophrenia could be an inherited condition, saying a person's odds of getting the disease goes up 10-15% if their parent has schizophrenia. In interviews with law enforcement, Jones said his mother has schizophrenia and had been institutionalized

20. Spellbound

kimpage, JDG, Kavya01 and 1 other person like this.