GUILTY SC - Five Jones children, ages 1-8, Lexington County, 28 Aug 2014 *Father Arrested*

From that link…
"Also on Aug, 28: Jones is charged with unlawful neglect after he puts his 1-year-old in unreasonable risk of harm when he forces her and four of her siblings out of a car near a Walmart in Lexington County, according to deputies."

So, why, if he was charged with unlawful neglect after putting the baby in unreasonable risk DID he still have the kids?!?!?!??!

Why didn't the mother Amber see the kids for 4 months?

Quoted:Sad realities......

I can understand all of our frustration with the system. Trust me , it was cumbersome interacting with the system from a professional standpoint as well.

This is an excellent post, CARIIS, and exactly why, as a social worker, I could never work in Child Protective Services. I believe the system is set up more for the parents and to push reunification almost at any cost. I think about many of your points every time I read a comment where someone says, "Why weren't these children taken away?" Many times they needed to be, but what would happen to them then? I feel like being a foster family is more rewarding and helpful than being a CPS worker, but then, the children can certainly be placed with you as a foster parent temporarily, then sent back to an unconscionable situation. Such hard questions, and not very reassuring answers :(

http://www.11alive.com/story/news/c...uspect-feared-5-kids-would-kill-him/15794263/

Investigators described an incident that occurred Aug. 28 near a Walmart in Lexington County.

"Jones admitted that (he) forced the child and her four siblings out of the vehicle near a Walmart store within Lexington County," the warrant says. "Jones stated that he believed the children were going to kill him, chop him up and feed him to the dogs."

The warrant suggests investigators believe the Walmart incident and the children's slayings occurred on the same day. Investigators said they believe Jones killed his children inside their Lexington County home.

http://www.islandpacket.com/2014/09/17/3319589_jones-felt-his-children-would.html?rh=1

It’s the first suggestion of why the killings may have occurred. The documents also say Jones’ vehicle contained “handwritten notes with directions to kill and mutilate bodies” when stopped by police in Mississippi Sept. 6.

The statements is contained in a document that Sheriff Lewis McCarty made public last week with that phrase blacked out.

This case absolutely breaks my heart. I keep wondering where the mother is as well, I have 3 and I can't imagine not knowing where they were for so long. :(

It sounds like he's planning a post partum psychosis defense....but maybe doesn't know how that works?

are there any new updates? I can't believe news on the mother is so scares . I can't find anything outside the news reports.

I managed to find Timothys dad, step mom, 2 brothers, step brother and step sister as well as various cousins but none of them have any mention of Tim in any of their posts(there are 2 very blurry pictures on his step moms page of the 3 oldest kids). This family seems very close knit and it really shocked me to find no mention of Timothy jr(not even from years ago). I wonder if they made those things private(understandable). Still have yet to find anything on Amber(even on her divorce papers her maiden name says "unknown"... kind of weird

I'm not sure why this case draws me in...

After reading that, I believe those children should never have been with dad .. The system failed those kids and mom .. IMO

I just read it too. On May 29 2012 CW returned to home and home has clean, kids clean, with Mom and DAD had moved. CW gave her reference for Domestic Violence help.

http://www.ksla.com/story/26628831/gag-order-requested-in-tim-jones-jr-case

The attorney representing a Lexington County father charged with murdering his five children is asking for a gag order in the case...

Jones' attorney also requested the following not be released to the public: any 911 recordings, the medical examiner's report, any reports of the coroner, forensic exhumations reports, pathology reports, investigative reports for case, witness statements, and any information from the defendant's medical or mental health records.

thank you, I read the defense had requested a gag order but this article is much more detailed. I wonder if the order will be granted...

http://www.myfoxal.com/story/266761...r-in-case-of-father-accused-of-killing-5-kids

A Lexington County Judge has approved a gag order in the case of a father charged in the murders of his five children...

Circuit Judge Thomas Russo approved the request, claiming that "Overwhelming pre-trial publicity" could impair Jones' "right to a fair and impartial trial."

"This order shall apply to all solicitors, defense attorneys, parties, jurors, court officials, clerks of court, all law enforcement officers involved in the investigation as well as their respective law enforcement agencies, coroner and all members of his office, the medical examiner, and any other person involved in the investigation or potentially involved in the trial of this matter," reads Russo's decision. Among the information that may not be distributed are 911 call recordings, medical examiner reports, coroner reports, or other medical-related reports.

So we won't know anything more until trial.... wonder how long that will take? Could be years.

The family(for the most part) has stayed really tight lipped on this. A few neighbors have shared some stories but there are very little present information. I am very very curious about the childrens mother. Where is she, where was she before(yes i know they weren't together but...) I can't find her anywhere. I wonder if any of the these questions will have answers. If so, not for awhile because of the publication ban.....

Lawyers always want a gag order when they know the public wants to hang their client from the highest tree...........

Too bad his kids WEREN'T able to chop him up and feed him to the dogs..........

This case should keep the psychiatrists busy for awhile.

http://www.cbs3springfield.com/stor...threatened-to-snap-wifes-neck-shoot-neighbors

In a 2012 incident report released by the Lexington County Sheriff's Department Thursday, Tim Jones, Jr. threatened to snap then-wife Amber Jones' neck, spit in her face and threatened to shoot the neighbors...

"Amber advised at one time while the children where in the car he began arguing with her and then stated "let's play chicken" while driving the car directly in front of an 18 wheeler, only missing the truck by inches," the incident report states...

According to the incident report, Tim's father, Tim Jones, Sr. told Amber "Don't push him too far! He's going to snap."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back