GUILTY SC - Gabrielle Swainson, 15, Columbia, 18 Aug 2012

The search for Gabbiee continues with the help of private investigators

...In the days, weeks, and months that have passed, law enforcement investigators have been joined by a private investigation firm hired by Elvia.

“A lot of time with cases like this, there may be people who have had bad experiences with law enforcement,” explains Senior Investigator Jael Gilreath about the use of a private investigation firm in a missing person case. “They may be more willing to talk to someone who isn’t trying to get them in trouble – just trying to gather information.”...

read more at: http://www.midlandsconnect.com/news/story.aspx?id=857169

Freddie Grant Waives Right to Hearing on Charge of Kidnapping Gabbiee Swainson

...Freddie Grant, 53, was scheduled to appear at the Richland County Detention center for a bond hearing on a kidnapping charge. However, about an hour before the proceeding was set to begin, he made his decision to not appear before the judge. ...

more at: http://www.wltx.com/news/article/22...Right-to-Hearing?odyssey=tab|topnews|bc|large

Since they found duct tape with her blood on it, I am surprised they have not added murder charges. Seems like we have been seeing more cases being tried even if the victim is not found. Sorry to say, I cannot imagine a scenario where Gabbiee is still alive.

Since they found duct tape with her blood on it, I am surprised they have not added murder charges. Seems like we have been seeing more cases being tried even if the victim is not found. Sorry to say, I cannot imagine a scenario where Gabbiee is still alive.

I agree Clu, but possibly it is because of the amount of blood involved. Many times when they are charged it is because the amount if blood indicates that a person would not survive that amount of loss. I sincerely hope something breaks in this case!

Bumping for Gabbiee. It will be 7 months tomorrow since she was last seen. I'm still praying that she will be found and justice will be served.

Unfortunately, I don't believe Gabbiee is still alive, either. I think Cocomod is right about the amount of blood loss determining the practicality of charging someone with murder in the absence of a body. Apparently, the amount of Gabiee's blood found in her home and FG's wasn't a lethal amount. If Freddie Krueger - I mean Grant - is found guilty of kidnapping Gabbiee, I think there's a good chance he will receive justice for her murder in prison.

Unfortunately, I don't believe Gabbiee is still alive, either. I think Cocomod is right about the amount of blood loss determining the practicality of charging someone with murder in the absence of a body. Apparently, the amount of Gabiee's blood found in her home and FG's wasn't a lethal amount. If Freddie Krueger - I mean Grant - is found guilty of kidnapping Gabbiee, I think there's a good chance he will receive justice for her murder in prison.

In Sierra's case, we are not aware of a large amount of blood. But the fact that she was taken and has not been found was given as a criteria, I believe, for murder charges. The cases seem similar.

In Sierra's case, we are not aware of a large amount of blood. But the fact that she was taken and has not been found was given as a criteria, I believe, for murder charges. The cases seem similar.
Hmmm .... That's interesting. Maybe, are authorities hesitant to spend money on a big murder trial with an uncertain outcome, when they can with certainty lock FG up for life on lesser charges? :waitasec:

Hmmm .... That's interesting. Maybe, are authorities hesitant to spend money on a big murder trial with an uncertain outcome, when they can with certainty lock FG up for life on lesser charges? :waitasec:

Gosh, for me the duct tape and blood sounds scarier than anything we have been told about what was found in Sierra's case.

In Freddie Grant's case, perhaps the Federal gun charge will give the State some breathing room to find more evidence to support a murder charge. If I'm not mistaken, he is already eligible for a life sentence because he's a career criminal.

I definitely want this prosecuted for what I believe to be, Gabbiee's murder. But the good thing is, even if there isn't a further evidentiary link between Gabbiee and FG and therefore he isn't prosecuted, FG won't be on the loose to harm anyone else.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

http://www.midlandsconnect.com/news/story.aspx?id=880109#.UWAPTDdc1j4
<< snipped >>
ELGIN, SC (WACH) — “I know he is going to kill me…” the words that ring in the ears of Dorothy Forston, who heard her daughter say them during their last conversation in the fall of 2011.

According to Forston, her daughter, Adriana Laster, had moved to Elgin from Florida to live with Freddie Grant several years ago, and in the time before her disappearance, she felt Adriana was in an abusive relationship. “I had a niece in the car, and she told me he (Grant) hit her so hard he knocked her out,” Forston said on a phone interview.

Freddie Grant is a convicted felon who is now facing charges of kidnapping Gabbiee Swainson, a 15-year-old girl who disappeared from her Northeast Columbia home on August 18, 2012. In January, 2013, he was convicted of a federal ammunition violation after a search warrant was executed on his house as part of the Swainson investigation.
What has he done with Gabbiee and Adriana? :furious: Will we ever find out?

RCSD hasn't given up at all.

According to Forston, Laster called her in the fall of 2011, indicating that she wanted to go back to Florida. Forston said that she wired her over $100 for a bus ticket; however, a day later, she said she called her and was crying. “My money is gone,” she said to her mother, “Freddie (Grant) took it. He’s definitely going to kill me.” According to Forston, that was the last time she talked to her daughter. The Elgin Police were contacted, and contact was made with Laster, and she appeared to be ok. Concern started to grow as calls back to Florida stopped.

Why didn't she get out of there? If she was so certain Freddie was going to kill her, she could have saved herself.

I pray that Gabbiee and Adriana will be found. Gabbiee has been on my mind often since she disappeared. Their families need closure and this monster needs to be held accountable!

Why didn't she get out of there? If she was so certain Freddie was going to kill her, she could have saved herself.
Apparently, she didn't have the money or resources. When her mother sent her the money to leave, FG took it. She may not have known what resources were available to her locally, and felt safer getting far away from FG. She probably didn't tell LE she was afraid b/c she was afraid of FG and what he would do to her. With predators like FG, control is what it's all about - threatening and intimidating their victims, making them feel afraid and trapped. There's always the fear that the predator will hunt down the victim, and often they do. :moo:

Freddie Grant Sentenced, Swainson Still Missing

COLUMBIA, S.C. (WOLO/AP) -- Freddie Grant, the Midlands man charged with kidnapping a missing Richland County teen, has been sentenced to more than 17 years in prison on federal ammunition charges. ...

...Meanwhile, Gabbiee Swain's (sic) father, Alvin Thompson, says Grant's sentencing is bittersweet.

"I feel good about him getting convicted of charges but it doesn't bring my daughter back," said Thompson. "I still don't know where she's at. At least he's in captivity so he can't hurt anyone else."
more at: http://www.abccolumbia.com/news/local/Freddie-Grant-Sentenced-Swainson-Still-Missing-203689601.html

Freddie Grant is appealing his conviction on the federal ammunition charges ... and it sounds, from the second report linked below, as if he could be heading to court soon on the charge of kidnapping Gabbiee:

Gabbiee Swainson&#8217;s accused kidnapper appealing federal firearm conviction

COLUMBIA, SC &#8212; The man accused of kidnapping Richland County teen Gabbiee Swainson last August is appealing his conviction on a federal gun charge. ...

He is also suspected in the disappearance of Adrianna Laster, a then-28-year-old woman living with him in Elgin before she disappeared in 2011.

Swainson hasn&#8217;t been seen for 8 months.
read more at: http://www.thestate.com/2013/04/23/2738342/gabbiee-swainsons-accused-kidnapper.html

Suspect in Gabbiee Swainson disappearance to appeal federal ammo conviction

... Richland County investigators plan to bring Grant back to court again any day now to face a kidnapping charge.

"We could go to court today," said Richland County Sheriff Leon Lott last week. "We're ready. We're prepared. The forensics are in, our leads have been followed up, we've done all the work, so we're ready to go, but we don't have to go right now, and that's the key."
read more at: http://www.wistv.com/story/22054899...sappearance-to-appeal-federal-ammo-conviction

Where are Gabbiee and Adrianna?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back