Found Deceased SC - Harlee Lane Lewis, 11 months, Chesterfield County, 29 May 2018 *arrest*

Thanks Suglo! Wonder why it's taking so long to update the court site!?! Must be a court hearing in August sometime, I would think! :)
From previous experience with the courts here in California, things slow down considerably in August. So many Judges and attorneys take vacations that we never once tried, settled or did any discovery on a case in the month of August in the twenty plus years I have been doing this. Still, I know this is a criminal case which have certain timelines they have to abide by so it is strange.

From previous experience with the courts here in California, things slow down considerably in August. So many Judges and attorneys take vacations that we never once tried, settled or did any discovery on a case in the month of August in the twenty plus years I have been doing this. Still, I know this is a criminal case which have certain timelines they have to abide by so it is strange.
Thanks for the info! Plus, the judge closed the last hearing to the media because "Prosecutors told the judge the murder was still under investigation, witnesses were still being interviewed and they believed media attention would harm their case."
CHERAW BABY KILLED: Judge closes hearing for woman accused of killing baby
Reporters, public blocked from hearing for woman charged in baby's death
It may be a while before we see much in msm.
frustrated-yahoo-emoticon.gif

50x50px-LL-38e888cb_msn-emotions-pig-6.gif
Nope not I.
Nor I.
dunno-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif
That's some order:
The order bars public comment on the case by the Chesterfield County Sheriff’s Office, the State Law Enforcement Division, the Fourth Circuit Solicitor’s Office, Lewis and her family, any witnesses or potential witnesses, Lewis' attorney and Harlee's family, according to the Pageland Progressive Journal, which obtained a copy of the order.

“There is a substantial likelihood that the defendant may be denied a fair trial if extrajudicial statements continue to be made in this case,” the judge wrote, according to the newspaper.
No more publicly discussing case of SC baby found dead in diaper box, judge rules
We also don't know if Lewis' mental evaluation has been completed. We know nuttin' about this case.

bumpitupbump_zpslfblvcp8.gif

Hey me again!

I'm going to be going through all my "oldie" cases that I haven't heard anything about in quite some time.
I hope someone can help me with these.
I'm going to call on
@JerseyGirl, @cybervampira, @SeesSeas, @MsMarple, @mistivon, @Suglo

No access to this court site.
Hope you all don't mind me tagging you! I need HELP!!

I have:

Saturday, July 28th:

*Prelim Hearing - SC - Harlee Lane Lewis (11 mos) (May 29, 2018, Chesterfield) - *Breanna Denise Lewis (19) "mom" arrested & charged (5/29/18) & indicted (6/14/18) murder/homicide by child abuse, tampering with evidence (destroying, altering or concealing DNA), destruction, desecration or removal of human remains & giving false info to LE, fire or rescue dept. Was on suicide watch. Chesterfield Cty-can’t access
6/5/18 Update: BL to undergo mental evaluation.
6/7/18 Update: Judge issues gag order on case.
6/13/18 Update: BL has been charged with homicide by child abuse in connection to the death of her daughter, according to the Chesterfield County Fourth Judicial Circuit Public Index. They will not release any more information regarding the case in order to comply with the gag order for the case last week.
6/14/18 Update: BL waives her right to appear at bond hearing. Charges were read & no bond set. No new bond hearing date given. Next hearing 7/18.
7/18/18 Update: Next Prelim hearing on 7/25.
7/28/18 Update: Had Prelim hearing Disposition on 7/28. No further dates available.
8/14/18 Update: Judge closed hearing to public & reporters as case is still be investigated; placed gag order on case.

TIA! and
animated-smileys-christmas-115.gif

bumpitupbump_zpslfblvcp8.gif

Hey me again!

I'm going to be going through all my "oldie" cases that I haven't heard anything about in quite some time.
I hope someone can help me with these.
I'm going to call on
@JerseyGirl, @cybervampira, @SeesSeas, @MsMarple, @mistivon, @Suglo

No access to this court site.
Hope you all don't mind me tagging you! I need HELP!!

I have:

Saturday, July 28th:

*Prelim Hearing - SC - Harlee Lane Lewis (11 mos) (May 29, 2018, Chesterfield) - *Breanna Denise Lewis (19) "mom" arrested & charged (5/29/18) & indicted (6/14/18) murder/homicide by child abuse, tampering with evidence (destroying, altering or concealing DNA), destruction, desecration or removal of human remains & giving false info to LE, fire or rescue dept. Was on suicide watch. Chesterfield Cty-can’t access
6/5/18 Update: BL to undergo mental evaluation.
6/7/18 Update: Judge issues gag order on case.
6/13/18 Update: BL has been charged with homicide by child abuse in connection to the death of her daughter, according to the Chesterfield County Fourth Judicial Circuit Public Index. They will not release any more information regarding the case in order to comply with the gag order for the case last week.
6/14/18 Update: BL waives her right to appear at bond hearing. Charges were read & no bond set. No new bond hearing date given. Next hearing 7/18.
7/18/18 Update: Next Prelim hearing on 7/25.
7/28/18 Update: Had Prelim hearing Disposition on 7/28. No further dates available.
8/14/18 Update: Judge closed hearing to public & reporters as case is still be investigated; placed gag order on case.

TIA! and
animated-smileys-christmas-115.gif

Absolutely the same as the last time Suglo updated.

Chesterfield teen accused in baby's killing in court this week

Breanna Lewis is scheduled to appear in court at the Chesterfield County Courthouse this week for a bond hearing in connection with charges in her daughter’s death, according to 4th Circuit Deputy Solicitor Kernard Redmond.

[...]

The arrest warrant for the homicide by child abuse charge reads:

On or about May 29, 2018, one Breanna Denise Lewis did commit the offense of homicide by child abuse by inflicting injuries about the body of her 11-month-old daughter that were non-accidental which resulted in her death. Probable cause was based on the investigation, physical evidence and pathological findings. This offense occurred at 202 Daisy Lewis Lane in the Chesterfield area of Chesterfield County.

[...]

Thanks cybervampira - just got my google alert on this case.

Since it says "sometime this week" - I put it on for today, tomorrow & Friday.
LOL!

so - just in case it's for today!

Wednesday, Janary 9th:
*Prelim Hearing - SC - Harlee Lane Lewis (11 mos) (May 29, 2018, Chesterfield) - *Breanna Denise Lewis (19) "mom" arrested & charged (5/29/18) & indicted (6/14/18) murder/homicide by child abuse, tampering with evidence (destroying, altering or concealing DNA), destruction, desecration or removal of human remains & giving false info to LE, fire or rescue dept.
Was on suicide watch.
6/5/18: BL to undergo mental evaluation. 6/7/18: Judge issues gag order on case. 6/13/18: BL has been charged with homicide by child abuse in connection to the death of her daughter, according to the Chesterfield County Fourth Judicial Circuit Public Index. They will not release any more information regarding the case in order to comply with the gag order for the case last week.
6/14/18: BL waives her right to appear at bond hearing. Charges were read & no bond set. No new bond hearing date given. Next hearing 7/18. 7/18/18: Next Prelim hearing on 7/25. 7/28/18: Had Prelim hearing Disposition on 7/28.
1/8/19 Update: Due in court this week per article dated 1/8…. 1/9, 1/10 or 1/11 ??

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back