SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe we will. Something like half of all murders in US go unsolved...I am getting to be such a cynic, I know. But she needs to be found, or we may not ever see an arrest.

I hope and PRAY that justice will be found for Heather and her family. I'm with Cluciano though...I can't help but be a cynic. I watch too many shows on the ID network and have read about so many cold cases.

Man, I would love to eat crow at this point....

I wish we knew what evidence LE had, prints/dna in her car, detailed phone records and pings, camera pics of her car and the times, etc.

Also, with the shooting and car accident the morning of the 17th, that whole area was on lockdown. People with landlines were even receiving phone calls stating what roads were closed and for how long. I was at a friends house and she received a 2nd phone call (pre-recorded around 1 pm on the 17th) with an update of the closures at 707 and Brandymill subdivision. I know they made an immediate arrest, but the final suspect wasn't arrested until yesterday. I really wonder how Heather's car could have gotten to PTL (even if by way of 814) without passing a dash cam or two? I read in earlier heads the talks about cameras on the swing bridge and highway 31 - but what about dash cams? I'm sure that whole area was heavily patrolled for the next few days looking for these two.
http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_c80a6df6-675e-11e3-af45-0019bb30f31a.html

I thought there were TWO suspects they were searching for?? Did I miss that somehow??Then that means 1 is still "missing"??

I interrupt your regularly scheduled thread for this brief message:

RE: HE scent not found outside HE's car.

I am now reporting back that while I am certain I read that there was no scent of HE found near her car at PTL on a linked article from here back at the beginning, I can no longer find any article, report, etc, that says such a thing. This may have been deleted, the article might have been updated, or the rays from outer space are destroying my brain.

But for now, unless someone has a link somewhere that says different, there is nothing official about tracking dogs or cadaver dogs NOT finding HE's scent around and/or going away from her car at PTL.

You may now return to your regularly scheduled thread.

I believe because of television and technology you have to have a pretty good case to convict someone in today's world. I still hear people say they think OJ, Scott Peterson and Casey Anthony were all innocent. Even with telephone pings and phone records, LE need to have much more physical evidence to move forward without a body. Every jury expects DNA (or close) to push the extreme limits on what is REASONABLE doubt. Reasonable should mean sensible and common sense should be used. If the circumstances make it impossible for anyone else to have committed a crime. They even place a very high value on eye witness testimony when it is one of the most unreliable of all, but do not like circumstantial. I wish they could obtain a SW on OM's living quarters but probably need more probable cause. I think LE are searching but also waiting for local and media pressure to get a response out of stress. This is a 20 year old girl. She is not going to go missing, there is no reason to. She likes her clothes, her makeup and her cell phone. She lives for her girl friends and her social media and taking a shower and going shopping. Be reasonable she didn't not leave of her own free will. OMM and OMW have lied to LE. People usually do not lie unless they are hiding something. It is difficult to continue questioning when people lawyer up. Appears there is family money involved, it might take LE some time on this one.IMO.

Agree 100%....Seems like especially since the Casey Anthony Trial that it's become easier to get away with murder. Juries seem to not understand what beyond reasonable doubt means and if they don't have DNA or a video they won't convict. I'm not sure at this point they would be able to convict even with a body, unless there is DNA...trying a case on circumstantial evidence these days is too hard.

This week, in Charleston, a dismembered man was found in the trunk of his car. His wife was pulled over for a traffic violation. The officer suspected she was DUI. She was taken to the police station and the car was impounded. When she was released, she went to get the car, only...they wouldn't give it to her because it wasn't in her name, it was in her husband's name... (meanwhile the husband is still in the trunk)....as of now, she has only been charged with obstruction of justice. I guess driving around with your dismembered husband in your trunk isn't enough evidence to go ahead and arrest you for murder.....

I read in earlier heads the talks about cameras on the swing bridge and highway 31 - but what about dash cams? I'm sure that whole area was heavily patrolled for the next few days looking for these two.
http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_c80a6df6-675e-11e3-af45-0019bb30f31a.html

I was in Socastee on 12/20-12/22..Traveled Dick Pond Rd, Hwy 544, Forestbrook rd. several time ..every day. I did not see a police car on the road, or sitting observing traffic. In fact, everything looked normal. Didn't know Heather was missing till I returned home on Sun. and read it in the news

Just A theory....but what If someone did something really bad, freaked out and got the heck out of town quickly, like out West or something, and took any evidence there might have been with them....

I'd really like to know more about the crying on the phone. I don't think OM saying he was leaving OMW would evoke that kind of crying. I wonder what ELSE was discussed that hasn't been made public?
What if OM called/texted HE saying he is leaving his wife and wants to be with HE, but she sent him to voicemail. HE gets home. listens to a voice mail that says he wants to leave his wife and be with HE. HE calls OM back (for whatever reason), but NOW OMW is nearby when HE calls. OM might actually have said "You have to stop calling me." because OMW was listening, and because HE wasn't supposed to call him in case OMW is around. Then OM calls HE back when OMW is not around later.

Just A theory....but what If someone did something really bad, freaked out and got the heck out of town quickly, like out West or something, and took any evidence there might have been with them....

Welcome deesign2 :)

:welcome2:

Agree 100%....Seems like especially since the Casey Anthony Trial that it's become easier to get away with murder. Juries seem to not understand what beyond reasonable doubt means and if they don't have DNA or a video they won't convict. I'm not sure at this point they would be able to convict even with a body, unless there is DNA...trying a case on circumstantial evidence these days is too hard.

This week, in Charleston, a dismembered man was found in the trunk of his car. His wife was pulled over for a traffic violation. The officer suspected she was DUI. She was taken to the police station and the car was impounded. When she was released, she went to get the car, only...they wouldn't give it to her because it wasn't in her name, it was in her husband's name... (meanwhile the husband is still in the trunk)....as of now, she has only been charged with obstruction of justice. I guess driving around with your dismembered husband in your trunk isn't enough evidence to go ahead and arrest you for murder.....
BBM: People confuse "reasonable doubt" with "shadow of a doubt". I have spoken to some people who have been on juries after the fact, and when I asked why the chose the decision they did, I had several people tell me that they were not convinced beyond a shadow of a doubt that the person was guilty.

BBM: People confuse "reasonable doubt" with "shadow of a doubt". I have spoken to some people who have been on juries after the fact, and when I asked why the chose the decision they did, I had several people tell me that they were not convinced beyond a shadow of a doubt that the person was guilty.

I have seen more than one juror say, the defendant did not prove himself innocent...:(

Hmmmmm...:waitasec:

So, if I'm reading this correctly (and graphs and charts are not my forte so jump in please, if I'm not) this is good for personal freedom of T-Mobile subscribers, like myself, but not so good for HE, or other crime victims, as TM is not saving potentially useful info as Verizon and Sprint are (i.e. text content and ping information). Am I getting that right? (and sorry for the run-on)

Here's another snip, which might help clarify:

"The biggest difference in retention surrounds so-called cell-site data. That is information detailing a phone’s movement history via its connections to mobile phone towers while it's traveling.

Verizon keeps that data on a one-year rolling basis; T-Mobile for “a year or more;” Sprint up to two years, and AT&T indefinitely, from July 2008.

The document also includes retention policies for Nextel and Virgin Mobile. They have been folded into the Sprint network."

ETA: There's no doubt Verizon storing the content of text messages for 5 days helps if the person they're investigating is a treasure trove of information and a missed opportunity if they're not. I didn't quote the entire article in order to remain within TOS. There are still unaddressed issues in reading the memo itself :moo: because it leaves the reader to interpret the context, to an extent.

This was revealed in 2011, so I'm still trying to find out whether or not the. SCOTUS ruling mentioned JS had any bearing on the policies. Then again, even if it did, would we know about it is a valid question.....

Hope this helps....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OT just watched a show on ID channel, case of Kiplyn Davis, in Utah...very depressing. Fifteen when she vanished, her father suspected a trio of boys from school but nothing could be proved. After fifteen years and some grand jury sessions, perjury charges against some of them ,etc...one of them agreed to confess to manslaughter but said he is not the one who killed her so he does not know where her body is and has never told which of his friends did it. He got 15 years. No one else is saying a word. Disgusting and depressing. They are pretty sure the one who confessed is telling the truth, so whoever murdered her is just carrying in with their life. And she has never been found.

LE have the phone records that tie OM to HE until 6am. When Questioned OM lied and said he had not had any contact since Oct. Then changed and said HE had been harassing him and he answered and told HE to stop. Also proved by LE to be a lie by telephone records. All OM had to do was ask for an attorney and they would not be allowed to question him further without more evidence.
IMO.... OM and HE did keep in touch but she was moving on because of situation. It didn't bother OM much until first date. Then he was jealous! HE taunted him probably, but I think he cared for HE. OM and her argue back and forth. HE is upset because HE already decided and told BW she was done with OM. BUT HE cared for him too and OM wanted to meet HE. HE went to meet OM and OMW caught them. Do not feel it was planned on OM part but OM assisted OMW after the fact because OM was caught in his lies. JMO....Also BW state's that she received her call from HE at 1:44am. Remember not all of FL in in EST. Parts of the Panhandle are CT. It could have 2:44am in SC depending on where in FL BW was.

Maybe this says more about me and the people I surround myself with but I don't really see anything in her SM pages worth hiding from the public. I think it's just more about her age group and being able to post everything and anything. I can only thank my lucky stars that I was this age without cell phone cameras. There are plenty of pictures of me drinking out of a certain shaped straw at my sisters bachelorette party and dancing on some bars but I still think I'm a decent person and would hope the public would help if I were to come up missing. I mean the only thing I could see keeping from LE would be if she was pregnant with President Obama's love child or something! And no I am in no way suggesting this is what happened and why she is missing just it would have to be major to keep from them.

I'm sorry and I understand that careless behavior doesn't justify death by the hand of somebody else.

Heather's tweet from February 4, 2013, has been bothering me all along but I hesitated to bring it up and figured other people read it as well.
Heather tweeted, "Long live chocolate, heroin and vodka".

This tweet seriously concerns me. People will probably say oh that's just what young people say these days but I disagree. I don't think all young people think that message is funny or cool. And if Heather really did use heroin, an overdose is all too common. Most of us are probably aware how deadly heroin can be.
Yesterday's dose may be completely different tomorrow - the drug is so fickle batch to batch.

The drug scenario has been on my list of choices as to what may have happened if not a murder. Someone is covering up if true though.

Something I noticed in the photo on 12/17 is her left hand seems very red. Have I looked at it so long I'm seeing things that aren't there?

Something I noticed in the photo on 12/17 is her left hand seems very red. Have I looked at it so long I'm seeing things that aren't there?

I see it. Left hand?

ETA - oh my brain skipped over the word left in your post. I see it too though.

Disappeared is an interesting show, but it's so depressing to see how many cases haven't been solved yet. For all we know the animal who took Drexel is still living out his day to day life in SC, waiting or planning for his next victim.

It's crazy to think these people could be among us and we might never know it.

I'm hoping this doesn't become another one of those cases, I don't think TE will ever rest until at least her body is found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong