SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you could sit down with LE and ask them one question,what question would you ask and why?

I don't know if this case will ever be resolved...but I absolutely feel her disappearance is connected to the affair with SM, whether he is a perp or not. Just too odd for the series of calls reported not to have led to her leaving her apartment to meet someone. And her running into a random perp would be way too coincidental, IMO, especially having her car end up where it did.

I don't think this case is so strange...how we have to post about it is strange, maybe LE being this quiet is strange...but no stranger than Holly or Kortne or Katelyn or Lauren, IMO. It is always strange when a young woman vanishes, seemingly without a trace. It really does not happen that often. JMO

Terry Elvis is amazing. I'd be proud to have him as a father, brother, family, friend - and I'll bet his wife is proud as well. He seems like such a genuine good man.

I agree.

And his writings remind me of those of Morgan Harrington's Mother...both are amazingly articulate and have a capacity to put the pain they are enduring right there...oozing up from the written word.

It is no wonder that so many people have been drawn to this case...with offers to search, fundraise, etc. It is one thing to write an account of what your family is enduring...quite another to pull the reader into the vortex of your pain. Many, many people are experiencing the pain of that family...Heathers Daddy has seen to that.

Not real sure if HE received a call from OM that night and he told her he left his wife and wanted to be with her, or if this is what he had told her somewhere in the beginning of their relationship.
According to the report OM hasn't seen HE since Oct. We don't know when this relationship started, this is something he told her to keep the relationship going, then ended it in Oct.
Was she crying because of what he had told her in the beginning and later changed his mind?
We don't know what her phone records show from Oct. till that morning. Had she been calling him?
Did he call her and tell her to quit calling him? There could have been back and forth calling after that, did she keep calling him to beg him to reconsider?
This is all IMOO, we just don't have enough information on phone records other than on the morning of.

The missing persons report filed Dec. 19 referenced cell phone records that showed activity between Heather Elvis and Moorer as late as 6 a.m. Dec. 18.

Elvis’ roommate, Brianna Warrelmann, told police she received a call from Elvis at 1:44 a.m., earlier that morning, according to the report.

In that call, the report said Elvis “seemed like she was crying and upset” due to receiving a call from Moorer. It also said Elvis had a relationship with Moorer, and that Moorer said he left his wife and wanted to be with the victim.

Moorer, according to the report, told police he hasn’t seen Elvis since October.

He admitted to speaking to Elvis on the phone Dec. 18, the morning she disappeared, saying he “called her to tell her to quit calling him and that was it,” the report states.

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_9e6c8c96-8cec-11e3-ab97-001a4bcf6878.html?mode=jqm

I am going to do my absolute best to share a thought but to the mods I am trying to not break the rules on this.

There has been a significant amount of time that has passed since HE disappearance.

I looked again at some of her very close friends on SM and they are still stating how they are having nightmares and wish she would come home.

Most of the focus has been on certain identities and this has caused a huge storm that probably has hurt the investigation in some shape or form.

But here is the problem. This is from my own experience and I want feedback from other WS members who have been here for awhile.

Is this not the strangest missing case you have seen to this date ?

From all the local and national exposure the family has generated through SM which has led to National Media Coverage.

Even though a reasonable person reading all the Media released information would think "oh yeah that party did it" but yet from all the public information released there is "nothing concrete" or in LE terms Probable.

I truly 200% support and praise the HCPD for all their hard work on this case and keeping their investigations on track and not falling apart as others attempted.

I am not a psychic or anything but I was sitting at my desk today thinking. If there was that possibility where would she be ?

I have seen some unbelievable things since I have been sleuthing (2009).

I have seen LE set-up a ransom sting on the missing girls mother (Victoria Stafford) when in fact 2 monsters male/female kidnapped Victoria from school, brutally sexually assauted her and murdered her with a hammer. Her Facebook group had 100,000 members and went so virile with spin off secret groups, fake identities and crazy stuff, that I feel sure LE now uses it as a case study for social media and high profile missing person cases.

To be honest, now that I think of it, I could write a book with all the oddities that I have seen in cases, it is truly unbelievable. It's endless. Zahra Baker (IMVU), Haleigh Cummings, Holly Bobo, Hailey Dunn, Lauren Giddings, Kyron Horman. All these names make me so sad just to list them, let alone describe their oddities during the investigation.:(

I know 100% that most WSers will agree and have their own tales.

Believe it or not, this case is actually fairly "tame".

Most importantly though, in the end, WHERE is Heather?

I don't know if this case will ever be resolved...but I absolutely feel her disappearance is connected to the affair with SM, whether he is a perp or not. Just too odd for the series of calls reported not to have led to her leaving her apartment to meet someone. And her running into a random perp would be way too coincidental, IMO, especially having her car end up where it did.

I don't think this case is so strange...how we have to post about it is strange, maybe LE being this quiet is strange...but no stranger than Holly or Kortne or Katelyn or Lauren, IMO. It is always strange when a young woman vanishes, seemingly without a trace. It really does not happen that often. JMO

I totally agree, only because we have seen so many cases where the last person to have contact is the person responsible. :twocents:

The phone records of the past months should tell a story...i.e if contact was really just renewed that night, or if Heather had been calling SM but SM had not been calling her, or vice versa.

All I wish LE would do is issue a statement clarifying a few basic facts, such as if they know she drove the car to the dock, whether or not they can clear SM or if he is cooperating and for my nosiness, details about the phone calls, i.e who called who between Dec. 17-18.

If you could sit down with LE and ask them one question,what question would you ask and why?

I would ask LE

- What search warrants have you executed and where and when and what was found if anything?

- What is the plan for volunteer large scale search groups to look for HE? If none, why would that not be helpful to try to find her?

- Are charges getting ready to be filed against someone for the disappearance of HE? If not, are you close to filing charges?

- Is it safe to say to the community that they are safe and you have a POI and are just not sharing at this time?

ETA....Sorry....listed more than 1 :)

Why does this article say HE is from Carolina Forest? Wasn't her new apartment in Socastee?

Just an aside: I keep feeling like LE needs to search wooded areas in the Carolina Foerst area. It's just been a nagging suspicion even before I noticed this location in the above mentioned article. Another good place to look, given the times of the phone use and how far away HE might have been taken, is hwy 378 going West toward I95 South. This stretch of road has been described vividly by a blogger who travels that route when heading frequently to Florida...for some reason it too is nagging at me. Wish LE could tell the public to think back to mid Dec as to any out of place vehicles in areas around Carolina Forest and Hwy 378.

I would ask LE

- What search warrants have you executed and where and when and what was found if anything?

- What is the plan for volunteer large scale search groups to look for HE? If none, why would that not be helpful to try to find her?

- Are charges getting ready to be filed against someone for the disappearance of HE? If not, are you close to filing charges?

- Is it safe to say to the community that they are safe and you have a POI and are just not sharing at this time?

ETA....Sorry....listed more than 1 :)

Great questions, Hatfield.

I bet their answers to all the questions would be the same thing LE always says:

"We are not going to comment on that at this time as this is an ongoing investigation."

Lol

Why does this article say HE is from Carolina Forest? Wasn't her new apartment in Socastee?

snipped by me

River Oaks is usually considered Carolina Forest area because it is on the other side of 501.

I wouldn't ask them anything. This is an on-going investigation. I respect that!

Except he lied at the beginning. Said last he saw Heather was in October. Then finally admitted to talking to her the night she disappeared but only admitted to calling her to tell her to leave him alone. That is different than what the phone records tell as its reported there was back and forth contact between both of them up until 6:00 am.

We do not know that the lied in the beginning. We have no proof of this. The only reports that we have is SM stated he had last SEEN here in October. and that he admitted to TALKING with her that night. If they were asked separated, whether seen or spoken with, that would explain "he admitted to".

We do no know how the questions were phrased, what order they were in, nor the context of the conversation. Without that information we are just making assumptions.

I would ask them how good was their relationship with Jimmy Arthur Richardson.

I wouldn't ask them anything. This is an on-going investigation. I respect that!

Just curious, how long would you feel that way?
LE has not spoken out in Holly B.'s case in probably a year or longer, she has been missing almost three years.

I agree that this is a strange case! One of the biggest differences I see is the vigilante justice aspect. I haven't seen that in any other cases. There are too many people that won't or can't let the police do their job. I admit I tend to be on the side of LE most of the time. Do they screw up? Of course. Intentionally, I don't think so.

What scares me is that someone is going to screw up this case and make it a defense attorney's dream. I'm referring to people interfering. I get the impression from the article yesterday, that they have still been pursuing legitimate leads. That's why they charged the 2 with obstruction.

I also think they took into consideration TE's emotional state, and that is the only reason he has not been charged with anything. (for making threats)

As hard as it is to accept, I have said before and will say it again..... This case will go nowhere until Heather is found. Period.

I have faith in LE.

Also, wanted to add - I'm not sure of the laws in SC, but people seem to be complaining about not getting information. I think many of us have been spoiled by states where info is readily available. Ie: Florida sunshine laws, where just about everything is made public. :twocents:

BBM - THIS is exactly why some are so taunting, doing anything they can to hinder the investigation AND make it a defense attorney's dream. It just registered with me. They want to cause such distraction and create so much drama someone is going to lose it. Evil! Evil! Evil!

Just an aside: I keep feeling like LE needs to search wooded areas in the Carolina Foerst area. It's just been a aging suspicion even before I noticed this location in the above mentioned article. Another good place to look, given the times of the phone use and how far away HE might have been taken, is hwy 378 going West toward I95 South. This stretch of road has been described vividly by a blogger who travels that route when heading frequently to Florida...for some reason it too is nagging at me. Wish LE could tell the public to think back to mid Dec as to any out of place vehicles in areas around Carolina Forest and Hwy 378.
BBM

I've seen it referred to as 'road kill highway' or something like that. Cant remember where I read that, but when I first read about human remains being found there last week, my heart skipped a beat thinking it was possibly Heather. Placed there to look like she was a hit and run victim.

Of course it turned out to be an older gentleman. May he RIP.

BBM - THIS is exactly why some are so taunting, doing anything they can to hinder the investigation AND make it a defense attorney's dream. It just registered with me. They want to cause such distraction and create so much drama someone is going to lose it. Evil! Evil! Evil!

IMO the wrong people are screwing it up, potentially. They are trying to show the M's are guilty, but doing it in illegal ways, apparently. If the M's are ever charged, their lawyer is the one who will make hay with all of this nonsense, IMO.

What we think we know, could be so far off what is going on here, it would make your head spin to know the details.

Or, it could actually be a case of, WYSIWYG

With so many missing in this area, you would think that a massive search of the entire county wouldn't be wasted, not just to look for Heather but anyone at this point.

I really have nothing to add that others haven't alteady stated. I think of this young girl every day and pray for answers for her family.

I also live near a semi secluded boat ramp and now take note of anyone pulling in or out every single time I ride by. Odd I know, but this case has really affected me emotionally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member