SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or...they have texts indicating she was meeting him there?

I went through MSM and couldn't find any stating that she worked currently at HoB. All of them said TK, including her father saying this. She worked the weekend before she went missing at TK and was suppose to work the Friday after she went missing at TK. Her fb says she works at both, but to me that means nothing. My page has an employer but I have that listed for networking purposes, I haven't worked there in five years. I own my own business. We know here "about" is not accurate, as she is listed in a relationship, an we can assume that is also not true. I am going with she didn't work at HOB, since her father said she worked at TK.

except NG stated she worked at HOB & didn't even mention TK. I saw some mention somewhere that since was after season a lot of places cut back on hours for staff. IIRC mention was even made of this regarding TK & Heathers hours (only working weekends)
Maybe these kind of jobs only keep you employed when there's work?? I don't know how you'd be informed or if there was a schedule posted for all to see?

And they haven't ruled out that she's a runaway.

Which might explain why they haven't named a POI/suspect.

Good grief.

I guess that can never be ruled out, without a body or a crime scene.

It's possible that her date was off with the time if he keeps his watch or clock in his truck ahead 15 minutes... like I do.

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_ada6ad1c-8f77-11e3-8ca7-001a4bcf6878.html?mode=jqm

Horry County police chief gives update on probe into Heather Elvis disappearance
By Michael Smith, Charles D. Perry and Steve Robertson info@myhorrynews.com | Updated 5 hours ago

Snipped:
Investigators also confirmed earlier reports of cell phone communications between Heather Elvis and Sidney Moorer, a 38-year-old Horry County man with whom police records state she had a relationship history, as late as 6 a.m. Dec. 18.

Police would not elaborate on the nature of those discussions. A police report says Elvis’ roommate, identified as Brianna Warrelmann, received a phone call from Elvis at about 1:44 a.m. Dec. 18, police records state.

Discussions. Discussions as late as 6am. Not just pings.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If HE ran away, I think she would take her car IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So police know the nature of the "discussions"? If so, it must be via texts or through BW, IMO...or both.

That HE ran away is grasping at straws, to say the least.

I always suspected she drove to PTL and never saw any reason to believe otherwise.

15 search warrants and they won't name a POI? Is it because they are waiting for more or because they just don't have one?

Usually I give LE the benefit of the doubt but they NEED to solve this case with all the unsolved disappearances they have there.

JMO

I guess they do not intend in naming a POI, unless they have enough to make an arrest.

Discussions. Discussions as late as 6am. Not just pings.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes. But LE has been saying that, haven't they? It was TE who, on Jan.30, said (way after LE announced the back and forth calls) that the last call was at 3:41am.

My post with his exact quote and link was disappeared from thread #13.

What I find strange is that LE was saying basically this about back and forth calls/communication until 6am. (on Jan. 22 at least), and TE insisted the last was at 3:41am a week after.

Why?

So police know the nature of the "discussions"? If so, it must be via texts or through BW, IMO...or both.

Bingo! Calls vs. texts. That's what I've been thinking since the time discrepancies in HE's phone usage was released. Her last call was 3:41 am but the texts lasted til 6 am. The reason I think this is because my cell provider lists all my calls on my bill but not my texts. I'm thinking LE had to contact her cell carrier to verify texts. And that takes time.

wm

• Communication aside from Voice and Text!

Rhodes said about 15 search warrants have been issued since Elvis was reported missing. Through the warrants police have searched Elvis social media accounts, including private messages not previously reported. The contents of those messages have not been released.

• Not believed that HE was a run away (not ruled out) or human trafficking was involved. Can we please drop that topic now?

Investigators have not completely ruled out whether Elvis is a runaway, but Rhodes said that scenario doesn't appear a likely explanation for Elvis' disappearance since her social media posts seemed to abruptly cease shortly after 2 a.m. Dec. 18.

"Most 20-year-olds who live by social media would've posted something by now," Rhodes said.

Police also don't think human trafficking is in any way connected to the Elvis case, Rhodes added.

• HE drove herself to PTL!

In a new development, police strongly believe that Elvis drove herself to the Peachtree Boat Landing in Socastee, where her 2001 Dodge Intrepid was discovered Dec. 19.

"We're fairly comfortable that she drove there herself," Rhodes said.
    Police do not think someone drove Elvis from River Oaks Drive to the boat landing, but investigators would not elaborate about why Elvis drove to the boat landing.

"Everything indicates that she drove there," added Lt. Chip Squires with Horry County police, the lead county investigator. "We do not have anything that indicates she did not drive there."

• HE upset and crying after speaking to OM prior to 1:44am.

According to the report, the roommate said Elvis “seemed like she was crying and upset” due to receiving a call from Moorer.

• Knew it. SS's times were off! Just verified.

Also on Thursday, police said they think Steve Shiraldi, a Murrells Inlet man who took Elvis out on a date and returned her home before her disappearance, dropped her off before the 1:44 a.m. phone call to Warrelmann.

Previously, Shiraldi told Waccamaw Publishers he thought he dropped Elvis off at around 2 a.m., didn't recall Elvis making any conversations at 1:44 a.m., or anything that would've indicated Elvis was upset.

Squires, the Horry County investigator, said police now believe Shiraldi may have been mistaken about the time.

to me the biggest thing that jumped out to me from the story was:

The report also identifies an ex-boyfriend and former co-worker who, according to the report, has said, "if she hides, he will find her."

i prevously said the ex may have had access to Heathers stuff.
What if ex was still very upset from HEather cheating w/OM??
What if he beat her & she really didn't fall down the stairs?
What if Heather was living w/him & this caused Heather to move in w/BW?
What if he was stalking her on her days off & followed when she went to pick up her mail cuz she didn't know where she was living but KNEW she used to live w/folks & figured she moved back in there?
What if after finding her at her folks she was followed & he saw her going out on a date?
What if he followed them around?
What if ex was there when she returned or maybe waited in condo?
What if he told her let's go/meet to PTL & talk?
What if he met her there & she got out of her car to go into his?
What if he saw this as an opportunity to dispose of her/or jealous rage took over (voilent)?
What if he then knew OM would be a perfect alibi?
What if he had Heather call OM (or text) which resulted in OM comment about don't bother me?
I've honestly felt it was the ex all along cuz of his violence & him being cheated on w/OM. I believe he even used to work at HOB? I think this OM thing was a diversion to get people all riled up and distract all who might not like the fact of cheating w/a married man. Usually it's the ones closest to victim who have the most motive & opportunity. Especially if it's already noted there are violent tendencies.
Has anyone ever stated WHERE Heather was living or IF it was with ex?
I also wonder if Heather was a social creature if returning to an empty place and no-one around might make her more vulnerable & wanting company? With BW gone & maybe other friends going home for holidays & she's used to those early hours she had no-one to gush about w/her new date? Might it also want to make her to want to go look at the bid bright moon and just think things over.
Thanks LE for finally giving a presser. I hope you're learning that maybe the public can help. Or maybe they were getting afraid of this crowd mentality being whipped up into a frenzy for an "innocent" man?
Whatever the case I still stand by my post -
WATCH FOR FIREWORKS AROUND VALENTINES DAY

Hence, IMO, so does TE. Helps explain some of his actions.

And quite frankly I don't blame him.

15 search warrants, how can we see them? Are they all sealed?

Yes. But LE has been saying that, haven't they? It was TE who, on Jan.30, said (way after LE announced the back and forth calls) that the last call was at 3:41am.

My post with his exact quote and link was disappeared from thread #13.

What I find strange is that LE was saying basically this about back and forth calls/communication until 6am. (on Jan. 22 at least), and TE insisted the last was at 3:41 am a week after.

Why?

Correct, this (bolded above) is not news.

I am wondering if any of the men HE was involved with are depressed, angry, upset or helping to find her???

So, if the calls with OMM were going until 6 am, and they think HE drove to PTL, I can hardly believe she drove there to meet anyone else...it was going to be getting light out soon so I can't believe she went, after being out until 2 in the morning, and talking to OMM for so long, back and forth, to be by herself. C'mon, she would have wanted to go to sleep, if anything. So, to me, she went there to meet OMM...what happened next is the question. But, I think if must have happened pretty quickly because,as I said, it's getting light soon.

I guess they do not intend in naming a POI, unless they have enough to make an arrest.

And after what's happened they shouldn't. That would be very dangerous, IMO. It's very frightening to me how many in this case have convicted an individual who was not even named as anything in the police report.

Going from a POI/suspect to being arrested needs at least probable cause for an arrest. I don't believe there is any standard for a a person being named a POI.:moo:

to me the biggest thing that jumped out to me from the story was:

The report also identifies an ex-boyfriend and former co-worker who, according to the report, has said, "if she hides, he will find her."

i prevously said the ex may have had access to Heathers stuff.
What if ex was still very upset from HEather cheating w/OM??
What if he beat her & she really didn't fall down the stairs?
What if Heather was living w/him & this caused Heather to move in w/BW?
What if he was stalking her on her days off & followed when she went to pick up her mail cuz she didn't know where she was living but KNEW she used to live w/folks & figured she moved back in there?
What if after finding her at her folks she was followed & he saw her going out on a date?
What if he followed them around?
What if ex was there when she returned or maybe waited in condo?
What if he told her let's go/meet to PTL & talk?
What if he met her there & she got out of her car to go into his?
What if he saw this as an opportunity to dispose of her/or jealous rage took over (voilent)?
What if he then knew OM would be a perfect alibi?
What if he had Heather call OM (or text) which resulted in OM comment about don't bother me?
I've honestly felt it was the ex all along cuz of his violence & him being cheated on w/OM. I believe he even used to work at HOB? I think this OM thing was a diversion to get people all riled up and distract all who might not like the fact of cheating w/a married man. Usually it's the ones closest to victim who have the most motive & opportunity. Especially if it's already noted there are violent tendencies.
Has anyone ever stated WHERE Heather was living or IF it was with ex?
I also wonder if Heather was a social creature if returning to an empty place and no-one around might make her more vulnerable & wanting company? With BW gone & maybe other friends going home for holidays & she's used to those early hours she had no-one to gush about w/her new date? Might it also want to make her to want to go look at the bid bright moon and just think things over.
Thanks LE for finally giving a presser. I hope you're learning that maybe the public can help. Or maybe they were getting afraid of this crowd mentality being whipped up into a frenzy for an "innocent" man?
Whatever the case I still stand by my post -
WATCH FOR FIREWORKS AROUND VALENTINES DAY

Honestly, I don't see any revelations in the police remarks.

They gave some vague opinion on why they think some things are true and some aren't, based on a lack of evidence to the contrary, they repeated some elements of the case already known, and the article author went on to repeat elements of the previous article that referenced the police report. I read and write on a daily basis as part of my work, and maybe I'm prone to extracting the meat from the bones and leaving the rest by the curb, but when I read what was said, I don't know anything new, or see anything confirmed or denied.

This was a statement by an LE agency who is knee deep in an investigation and isn't giving up anything, other than perhaps some elements that might rattle a perp, or make a perp relax and foolishly get too confident.

Or, it was just a perfunctory exercise.

All of which make sense. Because I don't expect LE to start behaving differently until they arrest someone. If they do.

What I hope is that they are coming to a recovery pretty soon. The rest, we're not going to know until something pops, and everybody's guess is as good as the next person's. JMO

My frustration is the prolonged absence of Heather, and my concern that if what caused her disappearance was pre-meditated (I think so), so was her disposal. This is a major challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288