SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #16

Discussion in 'Heather Elvis' started by imamaze, Dec 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imamaze

imamaze Former Member

If you have any information about her whereabouts you are asked to call the Horry County Police Department: (843) 915-5350.

Horry County Police Dept.

Media Thread

Thread #1

Thread #2

Thread #3

Thread #4

Thread #5

Thread #6

Thread #7

Thread #8

Thread #9

Thread #10

Thread #11

Thread #12

Thread #13

Thread #14

Thread #15

Verified members on Heather's case
    Creek-Ratz - verified insider
    helpseeker - verified insider
    LadyHawkke - verified insider

Find Heather Elvis Facebook

Heather Elvis Twitter

Heather Elvis Facebook

Heather Elvis Vine

Heather Elvis Picyou

Heather Elvis MySpace

Heather Elvis Pinterest

Heather Elvis Google+

Twicsy

Etsy

Heather's Tumblr

Police Report

[​IMG]
    http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/24498378/reward-in-heather-elvis-case-increases-to-30000

The FindHeatherElvis Facebook is NOT allowed at this time. This is a deviation from our standard rules, but is necessary in this particular case.
    If you have questions, pm a Mod.

2. Loading...

3. Salem

Salem Former Member

The police report can be discussed, but NO NAMES, NO REDACTED INFORMATION, NO PERSONAL INFORMATION.

No talking about wives, ex's, employment, etc. unless you have a link that is NOT RELATED to the police report.

This is going to require restraint and cooperation on everyone's part. It if becomes too difficult, we will close the discussion.

MSM released the report and they can't take it back now. But that doesn't mean this is a free for all. We need to be respectful of LE's investigation and unnamed POIs/suspect. Given that LE has NOT named ANY POI/Suspect - you may NOT consider anyone mentioned as such.

If you have questions or concerns, pm me or Imamaze or any mod. Don't post it in the threads. And don't post anything you are unsure about. Use restraint and common sense, okay?

Salem

TOs are being issued. Zero tolerance. Mind the rules, everybody.

4. imamaze

imamaze Former Member

The Rules

Terms of Service Terms of Service - Short, Plain Language Version - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

We have a detailed, formal Terms of Service (TOS) posted separately, and that TOS is what you will be held to as a member here. It's long and detailed because it has to be in the world we live in, and you are expected to read it, understand it and abide by it. However, we can sum it up as follows:

1) Be a decent human being;
    2) Treat your fellow posters as the decent human beings they are;
    3) Keep in mind that whatever you post will likely live on forever, so think before you press "Submit Reply".
    4) It's a big world. People will disagree with you. You will disagree with them. This can be done with respect, and that's what we expect.

And... No rumor, discuss only what we know thru main stream media and law enforcement. Heather's social media sites are allowed, but you can not discuss any posts other than hers.

The Find Heather Facebook page is not allowed here and no discussion about it.

You can speculate but no out and out rumor, you can not for example say Heather may have been meeting someone because of drugs, or money etc. Not allowed.

Please continue here...

5. Salem

Salem Former Member

Please continue here.

Salem

6. PeterThomasFan

PeterThomasFan Well-Known Member

Wonder if LE searches did in fact happen today? I was itching to drive by but didn't. Anyone know for sure?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. QuestionMark

QuestionMark New Member

I just wish they would give us a POI... Lol I know wishful thinking huh.

8. Canaille

Canaille Crank

9. SharetheLight

SharetheLight Share the Light, Share the Love

I don't know but I'm curious as well. Anyone?

10. eileenhawkeye

eileenhawkeye Active Member

It still happens. These are recent examples:

Just do a search for something like ( named person of interest missing) and many articles come up.

11. Just K

Just K New Member

They have not named a POI but they likely have one or two unnamed suspects in mind.

12. cluciano63

cluciano63 Well-Known Member

I am not much understanding LE more or less encouraging, IMO, the anger toward SM, if he is not the main POI/suspect. Maybe they are not throwing his name around, but if not, they are not asking media to hold back. JMO

13. eileenhawkeye

If he's not the (main) suspect, then the only other possibility I can think of is that LE is looking at someone else, and wants the real killer to think they got away with it. So everyone is focused on SM, while LE is investigating someone else. I actually feel like this happens relatively frequently. There have been cases where the public suspected someone, LE made no effort to clear this person, and then arrests someone else.

14. Canaille

Canaille Crank

It is little puzzling to me.

Do you think it's a mental tactic they are using?

15. cluciano63

cluciano63 Well-Known Member

Maybe it is a tactic, but it will backfire if someones goes over the edge and SM winds up inured or dead...

16. eileenhawkeye

Are the concerns that a lot of us have about the possibility of vigilante justice relatively unique to this case? In a lot of cases, there is a main suspect but I can't remember one where many of us felt something bad was going to happen if an arrest wasn't made.

17. hockeymom4

hockeymom4 New Member

Here is how I feel....the anger towards SM would have been there regardless if MSM ever mentioned his name and I believe that his name would be in SM if it was never mentioned on MSM. MSM is mentioning his name and they are stating the facts of the case. [modsnip], IMO.

18. Ghostwheel

Ghostwheel Pyrrhonist

Yeah, but you've seen this before. Circumstantial evidence point to a certain individual or individuals, but not enough for charges. The only other viable possibility is just some random stranger, or someone for whom there is no evidence at all. LE cannot rule out circumstantial person unless there is an ironclad alibi (as in date who was probably somewhere with witnesses when BW was still talking to HE). Freedom of speech is still protected. (I can say I think anyone is a murderer if I want-I have the right to think that and say that I think that). And here we are. Just like in several other cases (Dylan Redwine comes to mind, but that is MO).

19. QuestionMark

QuestionMark New Member

I can't think of one this bad.... Though I must say those who are beyond convinced of Terri Horman's guilt often gather in front of her parents house, chalk the sidewalks, post signs and write really ugly things online. After following the disappearance of Kyron for over 3.5 years, I honestly have no idea who disappeared him and who was involved. I'm concerned in Kyron's case that public hatred of Terri has really damaged the case.

JMO

20. hockeymom4

hockeymom4 New Member

Personally, if he winds up injured or dead, it's not because someone learned of his name in MSM. It was known that they had a relationship, they talked that night per BW (so she knew) and the phone records were pulled per TE (so he then knew) and people at work could have known. They then have they ability to tell anyone and everyone. So, IMO, I don't think MSM mentioning his name is affecting his well being. Should it stop? Maybe, but I don't feel that has anything to do with it because people already know prior to MSM releasing the name.

21. SharetheLight

SharetheLight Share the Light, Share the Love

Sure people knew they dated, whenever they dated, but prior to LE and MSM mentioning him most, if not all people, weren't aware of the shenanigans he was involved in that were going on right up to the time she went missing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.