SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not much understanding LE more or less encouraging, IMO, the anger toward SM, if he is not the main POI/suspect. Maybe they are not throwing his name around, but if not, they are not asking media to hold back. JMO
I know why LE isnt asking media to hold back. Its the other side that I dont understand. I enjoy studying people and Im telling you, this case has me wracking my brain.

We are now learning more and more from LE, the exchanges back and forth went from around 2 to 6 am and there are PMs as well (doesn't get much better then that) between the two. Their ducks are lining up and are now in a position to tighten the noose by further releasing info. of their choosing IMO.

Sure people knew they dated, whenever they dated, but prior to LE and MSM mentioning him most, if not all people, weren't aware of the shananigans he was involved in that were going on right up to the time she went missing.
This is true. Even after LE and MSM mentioned him, I thought they meant someone else for a while.

I know why LE isnt asking media to hold back. Its the other side that I dont understand. I enjoy studying people and Im telling you, this case has me wracking my brain.

This case is a very interesting study on human behavior.

Here is how I feel....the anger towards SM would have been there regardless if MSM ever mentioned his name and I believe that his name would be in SM if it was never mentioned on MSM. MSM is mentioning his name and they are stating the facts of the case. What would be wrong is slandering him and making lies or mentioning his wife, IMO.

But...if he is cleared, LE needs to say so. That is my point. They did clear one other person. Obviously this guy has NOT been cleared, because if he has been, LE is seriously messing up IMO by keeping mum.

Once people learned he had spoken to her last, all bets were off, in the minds of the followers. Him just being an ex would not have done that.

Not sure the followers would settle down either way, but at least LE would have made an attempt.

JMO

Sure people knew they dated, whenever they dated, but prior to LE and MSM mentioning him most, if not all people, weren't aware of the shenanigans he was involved in that were going on right up to the time she went missing.

My point is that the people who learned about it on MSM are not going to be the ones he is worried about. Those people knew long before.

But...if he is cleared, LE needs to say so. That is my point. They did clear one other person. Obviously this guy has NOT been cleared, because if he has been, LE is seriously messing up IMO by keeping mum.

Once people learned he had spoken to her last, all bets were off, in the minds of the followers. Him just being an ex would not have done that.

Not sure the followers would settle down either way, but at least LE would have made an attempt.

JMO
Its been made clear by LE in interviews how annoyed they are with SM in this case yet they wont say they strongly feel OMM isnt involved. They say they feel strongly about other things but not this. I feel it is wise to be open minded and be careful when it comes to suspecting anyone for anything but the theory Ive had for a while is the only one that makes sense to me.

JMO

I totally agree with on that. I am not understanding that. My two thoughts are one, they think he's guilty and can't prove it yet, or two, his alibi isn't able to be verified.

My point is that the people who learned about it on MSM are not going to be the ones he is worried about. Those people knew long before.

You've lost me. Who will he be worried about?
Who are "those people" who knew long before? And what did they know?
IMO if I were him, I'd worry about everybody. I wouldn't feel cozy with anyone given the current mindset in this case.

I totally agree with on that. I am not understanding that. My two thoughts are one, they think he's guilty and can't prove it yet, or two, his alibi isn't able to be verified.

I think both of those are true and that LE would prefer not to talk about him,since they cannot charge him. But local gossip has resulted in possible threats and media keeps putting his name out there. I do not know if he is guilty or not, although I admit I can't really get past him, especially if LE has not, but the end result right now is that he is believed to have murdered her, by a large number of people, many of whom seem not to be in control of emotions and tempers, IMO. Not good.

Are the concerns that a lot of us have about the possibility of vigilante justice relatively unique to this case? In a lot of cases, there is a main suspect but I can't remember one where many of us felt something bad was going to happen if an arrest wasn't made.
Did I mention Dylan Redwine?

I think the violence possibility feels more real to me in this case, than even Dylan or Kyron's. Some of people seem very ready to "take justice into their own hands" if LE "messes it up".

Jumping in to subscribe to this new thread...

:seeya:

You've lost me. Who will he be worried about?
Who are "those people" who knew long before? And what did they know?
IMO if I were him, I'd worry about everybody. I wouldn't feel cozy with anyone given the current mindset in this case.

I will answer even though many of others have said the same thing on many threads. He is not going to be worried about people who don't personally have any connection to the case, like people on WS or just reading the internet. I would think he would be worried about those personally connected to HE, those his family filed harassment reports against (before the pr became public), those who even were arrested for obstructing justice....those people knew or would have known, IMO, because they are in the family circle. I don't imagine he does feel safe, but he has to worry less around people who don't have a reason to want answers on a personal level.

JMO

We don't know how quickly (if at all) he lawyered up but if LE told him in private without a lawyer present that he was cleared ,my opinion is he would be yelling from the roof tops of his non involvement even if LE didn't back him up publicly.

I liked the theory at the end of last thread that he didn't do it but became an accessory to it by his association with who did it. There is a part of me that feels sorry for him. As odd as that may sound. IMO.

LE wont tell the public they feel strongly that OMM isnt involved even though the situation seems to be a very dangerous one. Yet, also, no arrest. So, could it be that they have obtained enough info from records to indicate a murder was planned but not enough info to point to just one subject? It couldnt be that simple could it?

LE wont tell the public they feel strongly that OMM isnt involved even though the situation seems to be a very dangerous one. Yet, also, no arrest. So, could it be that they have obtained enough info from records to indicate a murder was planned but not enough info to point to just one subject? It couldnt be that simple could it?

I think they have a lot of "dots" ,just not enough to pass muster to bring an indictment .

I think both of those are true and that LE would prefer not to talk about him,since they cannot charge him. But local gossip has resulted in possible threats and media keeps putting his name out there. I do not know if he is guilty or not, although I admit I can't really get past him, especially if LE has not, but the end result right now is that he is believed to have murdered her, by a large number of people, many of whom seem not to be in control of emotions and tempers, IMO. Not good.

IMO as far as vigilante justice goes, as long as LE continues to make forward progress in this case I do not feel any harm will come to anyone. I don't know what to think if the case stalls. JMO
And while I can understand why some may feel that some are not in control of their emotions and tempers I'm of the opinion that given all the circumstances, some have shown tremendous restraint.
I've given this a lot of thought. While I do not agree with everything the E family does, pertaining to this case, they are doing a fantastic job keeping Heather's name in the press and keeping her relevant. Not an easy task in a missing persons case. Doing this IS what will bring Heather home and ultimately bring justice to whoever made this happen. I am not walking in the E family shoes so it's not important what my or anyone else's thoughts are regarding their actions. Kudos to them for doing everything to keep Heather's name out there. I hate this saying but there's no such thing as bad publicity. Heather's case continues to be discussed daily as we almost reach the two month mark of her going missing thanks to her family.
All JMo

I can see not wanting to name a POI, if they know they can't make an arrest unless she is found. Just wondering how long the lid will be held in the community, if this drags on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member